Mikki: so Cameron, what are we talking about today? Are we recording? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I'll just put it on. Great.
Cam: So where are we? Were at Urbanaut another brewery again, in where are we?
Mikki: city of Sales Auckland. Yes. Kingsland, even
Cam: Yeah. Yeah. More locally. Kingsland. Yeah. Which, where we were last time. We were recorded.
Mikki: Yeah. No, you, no, we were, we were in Mount Eden.
Cam: done so many episodes now.
Mikki: I know we're getting confused. I will say though, I was here three weeks ago just before the Auckland Marathon or Half Marathon that I did Baz of the Marathon, and that's when I realized that Urbanaut was Urban Ought.
Cam: Oh yeah.
Mikki: As in City Urban?
Cam: Oh, yes. Oh, oh, cool.
Mikki: Yeah,
Cam: that was a. That's the one you tried? What is
Mikki: is it? Marshmallow? Yes. Strawberry Pavlova
Cam: Oh, strawberry pavlova. Yeah. I like it. Yeah, it's yum. Oh, so yeah, the marathon. , why don't you start with your updates?
Mikki: Awesome.
Cam: you start with your awesome marathon that you did?
Mikki: Okay. So as you know, potentially the listener might know, but they might not. But I know, you
Cam: they've probably seen you on TV or
Mikki: something. Yeah, probably. I was
Cam: a small TV they carry around in their
Mikki: head . Exactly. So. I've been training for this marathon forever, actually, since like July, which is actually my whole life, which is actually like quite a long period of time. But I got really good training in like when we were away in LA I was, other than a couple of runs, one I was sick and one with my Achilles. Couldn't do. I was great. And so my goal was to do a Boston qualifier, which was easy for me. Like three hours and 50 is, it would have to be catastrophic for that to. For me not to do that. And so my actual goal was sub 3 30, 3 30 and below, and I knew that I could do three 30. And I never allowed myself to imagine going above that actually, you know, like, I'm going
Cam: going faster
Mikki: you. No, no, sorry, going slower. I'm like, oh no, of course I'm gonna do three 30. Like, I didn't even make it an option for me to consider that I would be slower. And so when prior to that, I'd done my Park run, which. A sub, my sub 20 part run, so 1932, which I was really stoked with. And prior to that I hadn't done sub 20 in years. And I thought, okay, I'm obviously fit enough. And then I just had such a good feeling, the lead up to the marathon. I didn't get any of those usual nervous, un uncertain feelings that you always know. You know what it's like, you know that you are. So you just dunno how you're gonna go. But I never even entertained the thought that it would be a bad race. I was like, of course it's gonna be good. I just dunno how good actually. So I took out all unknowns with regards to the nutrition stuff. Kept it like really simple low residue diets. So low vegetable intake the day before just had a u can bar and a banana. The morning of had two hours in between. Got the toilet stop I needed and then. There were no pacers and I was relying on a three 30 pacer, but there was none. And so I was there with my mate Tom, who had put in his pace of pro a 3 25 time, which I thought was quite ambitious. Even for me. I'm like, oh, I'm not sure. And then our other friend, Emma, who was gunning for a three 30 or below, but wasn't quite sure. So we all started out together and then we were fine until nine k. I just needed a quick loose. Like an in and out 30 seconds. And so I lost Tom at that time, but I was still on pace. And in fact, I think I went through, Emma and I were together for the first 24 K and we went through halfway at about one hour and 43 or something. And then my goal was to just get to about 32 K and on a sub 30, 30 pace and then see how fast I. and, but actually at about 24 k, I just started running about 10 seconds a k faster. Just, it just felt it was hard, but actually really loved the feeling of it being hard. And you know, you and I talk both about mindset and about how you actually, like, you've just gotta get out of your own head a lot of the time and outta your own way when it comes to anything sport, nutrition, business related. And so the whole time I was thinking, man, this is hard, but. This is what I signed up for. So just enjoy the fact that it's hard and I'm here for it. So, and I was really like, really happy with that actually. It wasn't even a forced thought, it's just how I was thinking. And then I just started ticking people off and I was coming through and then at about 36, and I was also thinking how grateful I was that I had no stomach issues. And then at 35 k I could see Tom up ahead again. And then I just gained on him. And then at 36 k I caught up to him and then we went through 37 K together and then I passed him and then just ran and then just, and I was just running and that felt awesome. And I ended up with a 3 20, 2 31. Yeah. Awesome.
Cam: And you could tell that you enjoyed it cuz you wouldn't shut up about it for days.
Mikki: Days look and look at me like you, you just asked me about it and I gave you this like five minute, like monologue , rather than Oh yeah, it was sweet.
Cam: And then one of your friends videoed you over the line and we, we watched that video. Yes. And then you just look stoked to be it's not stoked to be finishing
Mikki: stoked
Cam: with your
Mikki: and. Yeah, it was spot on. Like I was concerned at the start when Tom had put his Pacer pro in and said, let's run together for this time, because I wasn't sure that I could do that time. But also, I didn't know that I could run the way he ran, cuz he likes to hit the downhills really quickly. Yeah. And I knew that I'd, if I'd done that on my quad would be smashed. So I had to trust that I would catch him in the end.
Cam: Yeah. You know what though? That could, that could be an opportunity.
Mikki: for you. Yeah.
Cam: to learn to run downhill. Hundred percent. Especially on a course like that because you, you say that your quads, but actually if you're running on the, if you're running well on a downhill, you just let your legs go
Mikki: go.
Cam: so
Mikki: Totally agree. So
Cam: you actually, you're not breaking, so you're, you're actually like running fast, but not learning too much and not absorbing too much. So that could be some practice
Mikki: Well, given that, and I know this isn't a running podcast, but given that my next event is the hundred and two at tar, I have to do more of the eccentric training.
Cam: Yep. To even just to save, not so much for speed, but to save,, save the impact on your boards and
Mikki: Because I have been in that position, like last time I did ware, it was 60 K, and by the time it came to the bit that I could have run that 15 k, the end couldn't. My quads were gone.
Cam: And you can tell the people who are good at that
Mikki: that. Yeah.
Cam: see them running downhill and it looks effortless that they're running downhill. Yes. And. And then you are
Mikki: jamming,
Cam: not you
Mikki: univers. Yeah.
Cam: Jamming on the brakes. Yes. To try not to fall over. Yeah. And that takes a lot of energy. Yeah. Over, you don't have to do too much for that
Mikki: that.
Cam: to, to burn your quads out. That's cool.
Mikki: It is cool. And Queenstown
Cam: was, Queenstown was fun.
Mikki: Yeah. And a change in Don just with the change downtown. The Pedestrianized being pedestrianization. yeah. it's
Cam: I guess, I think they might have had a bit of a,
Mikki: a,
Cam: I don't know whether it would've happened anyway, and whether covid just slowed down the development, but there's a lot happening there. We went to those new, that new set of buildings with the Bavarian place,
Mikki: which is the chain of German, what would you call them? German restaurants. Beer halls. Beer halls, yeah. Yes.
Cam: Yep. So that was really cool. That was a really nice
Mikki: one. Yeah. Fun
Cam: place to hang out. Sometimes you're not sure whether, you know, whether those chain places will be good, but it will, it
Mikki: really was.
Cam: And then I heard on news the other day that they've got, I'm not sure this is a good thing, but they've got like a, is it six stories or eight story buildings happening? Not far from that, up the hill.
Mikki: Oh yes.
Cam: people are trying to stop it
Mikki: cause they don't want, you know,
Cam: you could easily ruin Queenstown. Lots of 10 story buildings on all the hills around
Mikki: town. Well, I get that. But the reality is pre covid people were saying Queensland was ruined anyway, you know, and I like if of different reasons, like not the infrastructure to support all of the tourists coming in. So it was expanding out.
Cam: Yeah. So that, it might be good actually. You get people even that
Mikki: where
Cam: and places, which is up the hill a bit of the way out of the central town by the.
Mikki: Yes. Screwed
Cam: people out of it.
Mikki: Yep. Agree.
Cam: Yeah. And yeah, but it's just amazing the, where we stayed out by
Mikki: Arthur's point.
Cam: Yeah, Arthur's point I shot where the shot over jet is.
Mikki: it's
Cam: beautiful there. Like, just probably would avoid staying in town.
Mikki: Yeah.
Cam: Again. And just stay somewhere
Mikki: like that. Yeah. It was nice. And it had those couple of nice, like one the Canyon Brewery. Yeah. Which was. And then the other little brewery place just down from where we were, which was more sort of pub craft beer place, which we'll definitely have to go back to at some. Like, that was lovely. We didn't get an opportunity to spend too much time there. cool. Yeah.
Cam: that was cool. So
Mikki: last
Cam: we talked, I was wondering whether I was gonna go to Samo the next day.
Mikki: Mm.
Cam: So
Mikki: I did go
Cam: and it was, it was pretty cool.
Mikki: So we recapped
Cam: our friend. From foot traffic coaching was going and supposed to be going with our friend Scotty,
Mikki: Scott, the photographer
Cam: along with Setti from Samoa
Mikki: events.
Cam: So he puts on a bunch of, amazing actually how much stuff he puts on in Samoa and in New Zealand.
Mikki: Yeah.
Cam: Real great events. And he's also like the president of Samo Cycling and also
Mikki: Sam
Cam: Triathlon. So he.
Mikki: So he.
Cam: Samoa, he lives in Auckland. Anyway, puts on awesome events and planning. I'm putting on, this was a reiki
Mikki: to see
Cam: whether it would be appropriate to put on a triathlon camp and Rob would be the camp,
Mikki: You
Cam: the coach who puts on the campus. Yeah. City would be the organizer of the trip, the accommodation or the food and, and all of that. So spent four days in summer and. Amazing. Like not, I wasn't sure what to expect cause I never really thought about it that much. But yeah, Samoa is really like going back in time. Wow. Especially not on the, on , which is not on the island, that's RP is on, which is Apollo. The, and basically it's just local villages and you could be in any decade over the last
Mikki: hundred years. Oh, amazing.
Cam: know, and you wouldn't even know apart from the cars. Yeah. You wouldn't know. I feel like they haven't hardly changed in that
Mikki: that time. So yeah,
Cam: awesome place to go and
Mikki: experience a bit of
Cam: culture, you, there's not many places in the world where you can go and do that.
Mikki: that. No. Anymore can. What's it expensive to be there? No.
Cam: No. So, well, probably cheaper than New Zealand. Yeah. And way cheaper than going somewhere like.
Mikki: Hawaii. Yeah.
Cam: And probably even cheaper than But you gotta, you gotta have your expectations. Right?
Mikki: So
Cam: on Sevi there's not that many resorts.
Mikki: Yeah. And there's
Cam: no like bars or restaurants or anything like that. So you would eat at the resort that perfect for a training camp cuz basically you would go train, try and eat and sleep.
Mikki: Yeah.
Cam: And socialize with other people on the
Mikki: training camp.
Cam: So you don't need other places
Mikki: to go. Yeah. And was it, was it like, did CTI and Rob decide that? I think
Cam: working through a few, a few things. Like just mainly just because it's really undeveloped.
Mikki: Yeah.
Cam: So there's no bike shop. Yeah. You know there's a hospital on that island, so, so that's fine. CT has millions of contacts there, so you can pretty much organize anything. Yeah. But I think they'll work through a few things and then. See if they can put one on as a trial. Maybe not worry too much about the profitability of it, just get a few people over there.
Mikki: Yeah. See
Cam: see how it goes. So
Mikki: nice.
Cam: interesting. So the idea of it is
Mikki: a
Cam: climate very similar to Kona, so where the Ironman world Championships is, but hell of easier from Australia or New Zealand to go to Samoa. Like it's only a few hours,
Mikki: four
Cam: hours on the plane. Much cheaper.
Mikki: Yeah.
Cam: Much.
Mikki: if
Cam: go and train and get some heat adaption.
Mikki: Yeah.
Cam: If you were going over to race.
Mikki: Yeah. Nice.
Cam: Kona a few months, later. So, you know, they've
Mikki: they got
Cam: lava fields,
Mikki: roads
Cam: are similar, just yeah, like a very similar environment to to Kona.
Mikki: yeah. And are they targeting the New Zealand market?
Cam: mainly New Zealand I think. Yeah. But, and Australia. So I think they'll utilize like Rob's network of all his athletes, some of him. So he thinks some of his from the states might even,
Mikki: even come over? Yeah.
Cam: I mean, it's not easy to get there from the states, I don't think, but
Mikki: But often time people, they're not, I mean, of course they're in it for the triathlon and the competitiveness, but they're in it for the experience and to have an experience like that would be
Cam: Yep. And. A couple of local Sam and triathletes and cyclists were there.
Mikki: there. Yeah. Cool. And
Cam: just soaking up Rob's knowledge. Ah.
Mikki: Ah. Because Rob knows every like, and I, I don't mean that in a facetious way. He has so much knowledge. Yeah.
Cam: So they're loving it. So they, you could tell, and Rob's such a,
Mikki: if you
Cam: were gonna go on a Kent with a Kent
Mikki: anyway. Oh,
Cam: Rob's the one you want to go on.
Mikki: Totally. Can you imagine if you were, I mean, imagine you running a Can
Cam: No, I'd be terrible.
Mikki: No, you'll be terrible. I know.
Cam: I'll just, I'll just let Okay. You guys go out.
Mikki: Yeah. Yeah.
Cam: I'm just gonna hang outta here by myself or,
Mikki: Yeah. You'd be a great behind the scenes. You'd be great in the role that you
Cam: I'm definitely behind the scenes
Mikki: Ben. No, I get it. Yeah. Mm-hmm.
Cam: So yeah, so that was good. So I took some good photos and videos and
Mikki: stuff. Yeah, I saw some of the pictures on Facebook that Rob shared. And I'm not sure if they were cam links with pictures or not, but they were amazing.
Cam: Mm, yeah. Pretty easy to take good photos when you got turquoise blue
Mikki: Lagoon. Oh, yes.
Cam: And and Coke about trees on jungle so, yeah. Yeah. Yeah, while I was there, we haven't talking any about anything about business yet. Well, that was a little bit about
Mikki: business while
Cam: was there.
Mikki: there. Yeah.
Cam: It's not really business related, but it is. A few issues came up for me.
Mikki: Okay.
Cam: Okay. I'm not talking.
Mikki: about this
Cam: In our last episodes are not, probably not, but while I was day before just in like an hour before we were gonna go out from the first day in Samoa to go
Mikki: riding.
Cam: I saw some funny activity on the, on my training site. And turns out someone was
Mikki: like a hacker. Yep.
Cam: hack was doing a carting attack. So what that is, is people may have stolen,
Mikki: like
Cam: Credit card numbers. Yeah. But they might just have the number Yeah. And maybe the, the person's name and they might not have the
Mikki: Cvv,
Cam: number on the back Yeah. Or the date or something. Okay. So what they do to try and figure that out is they'll find a website that accepts a card. Yeah. So when you sign up for training tool,
Mikki: you can
Cam: your card details at the same time they were, they'd written a little bot that goes through it, puts the card number and puts the.
Mikki: name and
Cam: Guesses, like either the expiry date or the CVV number on the back or whatever,
Mikki: And,
Cam: then just test them over and over and over again.
Mikki: Changing those details. Changing until they get it right. Until they get it.
Cam: Alright
Mikki: so can I ask, do you get notification of any, like, of a failed attempt as well? Like,
Cam: so I get basically anything, any error or anything that happens in the system is. and currently, which I've always had going, which is like stressful, but at the moment it's good. I get emailed every single one of those things mate. So you know, so I always wake up in the morning with hundreds of emails that I just go through. Mainly I don't need to do anything cuz they're just
Mikki: an
Cam: happened or a log happened or whatever, and not a big deal. But then if I, but then I had like 400 within a couple of minutes
Mikki: so I
Cam: knew something was up. So then I, all the information of what's happening is,
Mikki: included,
Cam: Not the card numbers or anything. Of
Mikki: No, no. You never,
Cam: never pass those around
Mikki: here.
Cam: anywhere. But
Mikki: and did you know immediately what was going
Cam: on? Yeah, yeah. Yep.
Mikki: So
Cam: I've had this sort of thing happen
Mikki: before. Yeah.
Cam: So you have to have these mitigations
Mikki: in place to
Cam: try and stop people doing this, but they always sort of find a way
Mikki: around it. Yeah.
Cam: So I basically shut down the signups.
Mikki: so
Cam: I'm a good sign up to.
Mikki: talk
Cam: For a few hours while I was away.
Mikki: Was that shutting down everyone else's signups as well? No, no, no. But just your, yeah. To sign up. Yeah.
Cam: I don't get, I don't get
Mikki: a, a lot, you
Cam: max I might get is a couple a day. Yeah. Couple of new coaches a day anyway, so, you
Mikki: you know,
Cam: and, and
Mikki: name of
Cam: protecting whoever's cards they were trying to steal or my rep, my reputation.
Mikki: Yeah.
Cam: So when you have a payment processor and you have a whole.
Mikki: of fraudulent attempts of
Cam: using cards even if they fail. Yeah. That affects the reputation of your Yeah. Your account on the payment
Mikki: bank.
Cam: So anyway, after Sam, I got back and I put some mitigation in place for that. And then Just before we went to Queenstown,
Mikki: similar
Cam: thing happened. I dunno if it was the same people, this time they were doing the same thing.
Mikki: but
Cam: On some of my customers Yes. Cause training deals on e-commerce site.
Mikki: Yeah.
Cam: so all of my coaches can accept payments. Yeah. They started doing it there way less severe. Cause I'd already had, I already had some other things in place to stop them doing that. So they were,
Mikki: instead of doing like
Cam: hundreds in a few minutes, they were just doing like three or four an hour or
Mikki: Yeah. Okay.
Cam: So probably if I was a bigger site, that would probably just go un.
Mikki: Yeah, it would.
Cam: know. Cause it would just be like if you were processing, if you had eCommerce site and you were
Mikki: you're processing
Cam: you know, hundreds of payments now or whatever
Mikki: as your usual, then it would
Cam: just look natural. Yeah. But because we don't have that higher volume, I saw some come in, you know, in a row from the same site and they were all failed payments. Yeah. And then the way they were doing it, error message was were a bit odd. Like they weren't doing things in the right order, which is why they were getting error. So basically they didn't actually process any cards at all. Okay. So there was no real, no real issues or they, they processed some, which I think when they were doing it manually. Yeah. Then I think they wrote the bot to do it and the bot was doing it in the wrong order.
Mikki: Yeah. Yeah. I was gonna say it's a pot issue. Yeah.
Cam: Anyway, so I spent the whole week putting more mitigations in place so they couldn't do it. And you know, when we were in Queenstown, I was
Mikki: looking on
Cam: it in between, we were go in between, we were going to the pub or.
Mikki: whatever,
Cam: And they'd stopped by then anyway, so it wasn't, but then you just wanna make sure that,
Mikki: they might
Cam: taken the weekend off. Yeah. And then come back on Monday anyway. So mitigation's in place now.
Mikki: And are you confident that you've been able to stamp that
Cam: that I've got gotten
Mikki: rid
Cam: of 99% of anyone who will try. So it's it's like when a burg comes to your house. . And he sees like a security camera. Yeah. Or he sees like that your gate's locked. Yeah. You can just go to the
Mikki: to the next house. Yeah. Too hard. Yeah.
Cam: are not, they're not sophisticated,
Mikki: attacks. No.
Cam: they're not really hacking. They're just like, basically what, you know, anyone can go into a site, into some fake card details and see if they
Mikki: work. Yeah. Well that's to use another ridiculous analogy, not that yours is ridiculous, but it's like having a car lot, A steering wheel lock on your car. Exactly. Doesn't do a lot, but someone will look at that and go, oh, okay. You don't wanna go there. There's
Cam: three cars next to each other, just like there's a million e-commerce websites on the net that people go to.
Mikki: yeah,
Cam: So pretty confident now that for the most part, they would just come try it manually, try and ride a little bot. They wouldn't be able to ride a bot easily to do it anymore. Yeah. And then move on to the next, what,
Mikki: like it doesn't, it just illustrate small business and the things that you just cannot predict are going to happen, and then potentially throw out a timeline. Because that you, the way that you described that, that was like two weeks of work basically. Yeah. Which you didn't have scheduled in because you wouldn't have known that it would've occurred, and then that's just gonna push everything else back. Like people underestimate the impact that it has
Cam: yep. And of course, there's the argument to be said that I should
Mikki: have
Cam: added all of these mitigations in beforehand.
Mikki: That's a, an interesting argument. But
Cam: there, there already was some mitigations and I could continue for another 10 weeks
Mikki: adding
Cam: and more stuff.
Mikki: But
Cam: you know, it's
Mikki: but then is that, then it's that cost benefit analysis, right? Yeah. Yes. And
Cam: like there was, it's all secure cuz it's run through stripe.
Mikki: Yeah.
Cam: And no one can steal anything via
Mikki: it.
Cam: The issue is they'd already stole. The cards from the cards from somewhere, from someone else. Yeah. And all they're doing is trying random Yeah.
Mikki: numbers.
Cam: And you, so you know what you can do is to stop them being able to do too many at one
Mikki: time. Yeah, because,
Cam: because the way they're doing it, you can't put everything in place them to stop them doing it.
Mikki: Otherwise
Cam: no one will be able to coming into their own legitimate
Mikki: credit cards. Well, you just said that you had to turn the payments off on your site whilst you had actually knew that there's nothing you could do about it. Cause you were on a plane to Samoa basically. Yeah.
Cam: So you can't stop it completely, but what you can do is stop it. So they can't do hundreds at the same, hundreds in a minute to hundreds in an hour.
Mikki: Yeah. Yeah.
Cam: you just, you rate limit it. So it's huge. You detect that. Yeah. Then it just stops them. So that's what it's
Mikki: doing.
Cam: So even now, if they came and tried to do it, yeah, it would allow them to do it the first. Times cuz that's just like a normal person coming to the car. And then I would stop them. So anyway.
Mikki: Good.
Cam: It's good. Another lesson learned, funny thing came out. Insight came out. It's already new about myself. I secretly love these
Mikki: emergencies. Do you?
Cam: Yes, because
Mikki: it's, you know,
Cam: you know, it's part of my nature to solve problems. Problems. And if it's an emergence, it's like that thing, you
Mikki: you know,
Cam: know. You've got an exam or something and you leave it till the last
Mikki: minute. Oh yeah. All
Cam: a sudden your mind just goes, yes. Like your mind turns on and it's exciting and your dopamine
Mikki: hits and
Cam: you actually enjoy it.
Mikki: So
Cam: when I had my business call, my business coaching call yesterday morning,
Mikki: Did you speak? I did. Good on you.
Cam: on you. Another thing is I, I was in a cafe and I'm like, oh, it's a bit loud,
Mikki: It's a bit,
Cam: I won't be able to speak because it'll be too. And that's the sort of thing that I normally do to avoid cuz you know, I hate that sort of thing. That is not my strength. Yeah. And I hate it. Yeah. I don't hate it. I enjoy it when I do it, but I,
Mikki: its, it's avoid it. Yeah. Yeah, yeah. Yeah.
Cam: it makes me anxious and I thought, no, and that's not a good enough
Mikki: Yeah,
Cam: Not excuse at all. Why is an excuse? It's not a reason. So I had my vans, I just went and set up in my van and didn't pull in my van. And then when I spoke, I spoke.
Mikki: about
Cam: The stuff that had happened. Yeah, yeah. Cause I thought that might help someone else. They,
Mikki: You
Cam: know, cuz it's when you, when you are, especially if you're non-technical, when you set the stuff up, I mean, most people would never have thought that that's a thing that happens.
Mikki: No, I. Yeah. You
Cam: know, people know that people steal credit cards or whatever, but they don't know that they might steal a number and then use someone else's website to randomly check the CVV until they get it right for the, or the.
Mikki: Yeah.
Cam: So I shared that, but I also shared my insight about how I love when the emergencies happen. Yeah. Cause also, apart from that, I use that as an excuse not to do the other things in my business that I don't enjoy so much because I've got this emergency going on. Yeah,
Mikki: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Oh, I like
Cam: now I don't have to do the sales and marketing stuff that I committed to do for the week. Cause this other stuff came up.
Mikki: So it's a very good procrastination sort of method for you. Yeah, and it is interesting with that problem solving stuff, cuz I think a lot of us might be wired that way. You know, like I love the bits that I love most in my business. I mean, I love the problem solving with a client, but I also love the pressure of a sale and the, and the launch. Programming, getting everything, the deadlines and everything, making sure everything's in place like that makes me, it's that cortisol pumping through. It's that motivation that dopamine, you crash afterwards, but at the time you're on.
Cam: Yep. And the trick is
Mikki: that
Cam: stuff that you love in your business, you can't just go, I'm not gonna do that. Yeah. Cause I have to do this other
Mikki: yeah,
Cam: what the fuck are you even doing it for? Totally. If you don't love
Mikki: love it. Yeah.
Cam: So the trick is to indis disperse the stuff that you don't love doing, but you know you have to
Mikki: to mm-hmm.
Cam: with the stuff that you love doing,
Mikki: even
Cam: if it's like a couple of hours here and a couple of hours
Mikki: there. Yep.
Cam: Cause otherwise you're not gonna be able to.
Mikki: it up. No, I
Cam: There's no way you could keep it up. I couldn't even keep it up for a whole day of doing boring
Mikki: stuff. No,
Cam: don't, that I hate doing. And kudos to those who can
Mikki: do that. Yeah. I'm not going, no. I'm
Cam: have the attention span for it. I, you still need to do it. So you just need to figure out, I'm not there yet. Figure out what's the best mix of
Mikki: Yeah.
Cam: So you can, cuz you know, some things give you energy and something's taking
Mikki: Well, I know, and, and I was thinking that because I've been playing around since June, since leaving my full-time job to just do clients in my program which is working brilliantly. I, it's, I've been playing around with my client. Because initially I'm like, now I don't have to see clients early, so I'm gonna make that my own time. But actually I do chle on that day when I have clients because my energy is in the morning and my energy to give to people is in the morning. And then if I, I was doing that sort of over midday to the afternoon, but that then left me, cause it's my personality type to want to get their plans done. So I'm still working in the evening type. But it took me trialing that in order to sort of figure that out.
Cam: yeah, yeah. That's true. Like it's funny how they, the transfer of energy happens like that. Yeah. Because they're probably come and they probably
Mikki: take, yeah, they
Cam: probably leave with energy. Yes. You've like transferred it through your computer Totally. To to
Mikki: Yeah. Yeah. Completely. And in some ways you protect yourself because you are online. And I def and I don't think this is a bad thing. Like I think it's helpful for me as a practitioner. To, cuz I think it makes me a better practitioner for all of the people that I see. And then my online clients, if I was in person all of the time, I wouldn't be able to service all those people because you do protect yourself a little bit with the computer. But it is still, it can be one of those, you know, there are some weeks when it's a little bit more draining than others. Yeah.
Cam: Depends what else you got going
Mikki: Yeah.
Cam: Yeah. It's hard.
Mikki: hard
Cam: Anyway, so last week was a bit of a ride off Samoa
Mikki: Mm-hmm.
Cam: and then Queens town and then all of this
Mikki: of this
Cam: stuff. Yeah. So basically haven't really made much progress in the business since then, but what I'm working on,
Mikki: yeah.
Cam: My business coach told me to do.
Mikki: Oh, great.
Cam: is a great idea. May have mentioned it in the last episode that doing these webinars.
Mikki: So
Cam: one so far and that was the middle of September before we went to, to Hawaii and LA and it wasn't amazing.
Mikki: It wasn't
Cam: amazing, but felt good and I felt like.
Mikki: It
Cam: be a thing to do. Anyway, so my business coach, I just do one every week
Mikki: and I'm like, wow,
Cam: no fucking
Mikki: wage. Yeah, that's a lot. I knows no
Cam: way. And, but then I'm like, that's what I need to do.
Mikki: yeah,
Cam: And not because doing one every week's gonna
Mikki: gonna,
Cam: grow the business, but doing one every week's gonna make me really awesome at
Mikki: doing. Doing. Yeah, I agree.
Cam: And it's gonna make me real, really,
Mikki: it's.
Cam: gonna prime me for. Then probably moving it to once every two weeks or something. Well, I
Mikki: we should talk about that in our next episode about how you're gonna set that up. Because I was at your webinar and it was awesome actually. I think you under soul, you just sort of underplayed how good it was. Yeah. Technical issues, whatever. And a little bit of apprehension because you're just not used to sharing on that, That
Cam: lies. Yeah,
Mikki: But that's different cuz it's actually people, don. And I think this is important, and you probably know it, but that's stuff that people actually don't care about. They care about the information that people that you have to share and you share great information. But an hour webinar every week is quite a thing. So I imagine they're gonna be shorter.
Cam: Yeah, I think I will. I will get more efficient at getting through it in much less
Mikki: time. Yeah. Or cut out.
Cam: Cut out the crap that you know, the gaps and the fillers or. Or the cause is a word of opinion. And I think that's one good thing about doing it every week for ages as well. And you know, and with my sort of volume of people yeah, I'll have times where every we know I need Yeah, yeah. And I'll just do it and record it or whatever. Send out the recording. It might have one or two or whatever. Yeah, just I think it just will just help build a bit of and also help me
Mikki: refine it
Cam: as I go, which I've already done. I've changed it up from the first time.
Mikki: I did it, yeah.
Cam: Cause the first time I did it and I, I, I focused it on seasonal revenue and helping coaches with seasonal revenue and I got a lot of feedback saying, actually all of this stuff
Mikki: was relevant.
Cam: to every day.
Mikki: Yeah.
Cam: Yeah. So I'm, I've changed it.
Mikki: just
Cam: just sort of figuring it out. Now. I'm gonna change it from, you know, how to, how to level out your revenue from big. To like actually how to generate more of your revenue in your coaching business. Yes. How to create a more scalable business model so you can make more money every day in your
Mikki: I, I also think that you could take some of those concepts you introduced and delve a little bit deeper in their own separate sort of webinar, and it could be a half hour thing. You know, like, I think there's so many, I'm, I am not giving you advice, but I'm just thinking out loud. The way I sort of am giving you advice is someone who does these things. Is that when you've got a lot of information, you forget that other people don't know this stuff. Yeah.
Cam: Yep. And a lot of that stuff, like I, in an hour, I think I cover like four different ways to generate more revenue. Yeah. And each of those things is quite like, you can understand it when you're lifting through it, but then it's like, oh, okay, so what are the steps I need to
Mikki: take? Exactly.
Cam: So then what I might do is then go to a workshop or like a office hours type thing where I'll.
Mikki: Probably
Cam: set those up every week and then we'll actually go through practically how to set those up. Yeah, yeah. With, with training. Tilt
Mikki: software. That's a great idea.
Cam: And then go, right, I'm sending it up here and I'll say, you can show up and watch. Yeah. You want to,
Mikki: yeah.
Cam: And
Mikki: also, Cameron, you could put them together as a bit of a course Yeah. To then sell on your website later on, particularly with your new gear that you could record stuff
Cam: Oh yeah. My.
Mikki: Yeah. Well, that's exciting. So we've already
Cam: thought about some blog path blog posts to write based on the content from the webinar. One I wanna do, I need to do shortly is like we're going into the off season. We're in the off season for Northern Hemisphere. For triathlon.
Mikki: Yeah.
Cam: So one of the parts of that webinar.
Mikki: Just
Cam: How to strategize. Well, you've got some down teas down time in your off season.
Mikki: Yes.
Cam: plan a bunch of stuff.
Mikki: Yeah.
Cam: Cause I think what happens is a lot of coaches are so busy during the season and they get the off season and then wanna take a break or whatever and then do some coaching. But really they should be then figuring out, it's like doing
Mikki: strength
Cam: training in the off season.
Mikki: Is that if
Cam: not working in your off season, yeah, you'll come back to the pre-season in the next year
Mikki: and
Cam: you'll just be,
Mikki: back where you started. You started. Yeah. It's hard, eh? Change
Cam: training as it is for
Mikki: business. You can't
Cam: just take your off
Mikki: season
Cam: off or just do the normal things that you do. Yeah. You need to use that for
Mikki: building
Cam: strength, setting up systems learning new things. Just stuff you didn't have time to do when you
Mikki: were
Cam: full on working.
Mikki: in your business. And I think that part of that will be energy management throughout your on season when you're in season. So you don't tax yourself so much that you've got nothing left. And I think that's a, and maybe that's a webinar session as well. It's like managing your energy when you're in, so you've got that time and space because sometimes you're just so taxed. That's the last thing you feel like doing.
Cam: Yep. Exactly. Anyway. Cool.
Mikki: Cool. Nice Cam. I think so.
Cam: All right. Catch you next week.
Mikki: Yeah. Ladies.