In this episode, Adam talks to Jonathan Reinink about a new approach he has been using to build Laravel and Vue.js apps that lets him match the UI fidelity of an SPA, without abandoning server-side routing or data fetching.
- Why the UI fidelity threshold for building an SPA feels so low
- How forcing yourself to prepare data for Vue helps avoid putting too much logic into your templates
- Why it's still worth building your app as a traditional server-based web app, even if you are using Vue for your entire UI
- Performance and complexity benefits of being able to prepare data for the view in a controller instead of having to build an API
- Strategies for dealing with things like accessing routes, checking authorization rules, and other things you'd normally do in a Blade template
- Switching from a template-inheritance mindset to a component mindset
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio and install Rollbar in your app to receive a $100 gift card for Open Collective
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.