On today’s episode, I spend time with Humble the Poet. Kanwer Singh aka Humble The Poet is a Toronto-bred MC/Spoken word artist with an aura that embodies the diversity and resiliency of one of the world’s most unique cities. With tattoos, beard, head wrap, and a silly smile, Humble commands attention. He stimulates audiences with ideas that challenge conventional wisdom and go against the grain, with dynamic live sets that shake conventions and minds at the same time.
- A little bit more about Humble the Poet (2:14)
- What does “Unlearn” the book mean for Humble the Poet (04:48)
- How important is the virtue of patience (06:40)
- On process vs. progress (09:50)
- Main lessons that people talk about from the book, Unlearn (15:54)
- On the idea of journaling (18:57)
- On his daily routine - morning or night person (22:20)
- On his next plan and goal (25:33)
- What is the takeaway from his book, Unlearn (28:00)
- Where can people get stuff from Humble the Poet? (31:30)
“Give a damn about yourself then give a damn about those you care about and then see if there are any more damns left to give.” ~ Humble the Poet
What is The Productivityist Podcast: A Time Management and Personal Productivity Talk Show?
Hosted by productivity strategist Mike Vardy, The Productivityist Podcast is a weekly show that discusses tips, tools, tactics, and tricks that are designed to help you take your productivity, time management, goals, to do lists, habits, and workflow to new heights - both at work and at home. If you're looking to focus your efforts on getting the right things done and start living the good life, then this weekly conversational podcast – crafted in the tradition of Slate's Working, Back to Work, and HBR IdeaCast – is for you.