Speaker: We've got Orange Credo, the Casa-Cast, our company's neato, the Casa-Cast, created by CosaGo, it's time for the show, let's go!
Steve V2: Hey, welcome to Casa-Cast, I'm your host Steve Schwab, today I'm here with Ash from Adaptive. Ash, welcome to the show. Thanks for having me, excited to be here. Ash, recently we put Adaptive onto CosaGo. com, and we're super excited about that, but before we get into that, I want to ask you a little bit about your background, you started off at Google.
Speaker: I did. I joined in 2005 as one of the founding core team members of a platform called Google analytics. I actually have my own little company in school where I built and sold gaming computers and use the company called urchin, which got bought by Google, became Google analytics and the rest is kind of history. So as you know, I can't really shut up about data and insight. Yeah. And that's how I got here to adaptive after a long
Steve V2: stint at Google. That's really cool. So Ash, Explain to everybody listening exactly what Adaptive does.
Speaker: Yeah, absolutely. Adaptive is a purpose built AI platform for the vacation rental industry. Our whole goal is, is why should hospitality and guest experience start after they book? We use our AI platform to learn and understand what's going on. What people like a Sago or, or, or users at Casago prefer to look at, see and interact with to ensure that the entire experience from start to finish is hyper tailored, hyper personalized to each and every Casago guests at each and every touch point.
Steve V2: And so how does it do that? What is going to be the journey that the guest has because of the adaptive on casago. com different than without it?
Speaker: Yeah. So, so the first thing is we strongly believe that for any good AI strategy, you need a good data strategy and for that we need to learn. So what Adaptive is doing right now is learning about what people have done when they've interacted with Casago from the start of the full data set. Once we learn what that looks like, we're able to kind of find the patterns that it would take humans a very long time to actually find out. And we start putting together these cohorts of, you know, Who people are, what they like to look at, why they're booking, understand kind of that why around a lot of it. Once we understand that we're able to start tailoring a brand new user's experience with Casago. It's super personalized, hyper tailored to exactly what we think they want to look at and see first. So it's heavily rooted in learning and finding patterns around human behavior that allows us to give people just the best experience across all of Casago.
Steve V2: Will they see specific homes or will they have specific messaging? Like what will that guests get to see any and all
Speaker: of that? So without them even realizing it, they're going to see homes that are. The best suited for them and that vacation at that touch point, they're going to see search results that are hyper tailored towards them as well. Even down to the way email marketing and messaging is structured will be tailored directly to them. The goal being giving them better guest experience and for Sago, having more people come back and book with you and stay with you as well. Yeah.
Steve V2: And you've seen some lift in conversion rates from lookers who've come to a website to becoming bookers who are actually coming and staying. Um,
Speaker: We've seen some significant lift, so definitely double digits on average 20 to 30 percent in revenue increases for people that are happily willing to spend more for a better guest experience just by having a personalized and hyper tailored
Steve V2: booking process. So this isn't just the website interacting in a unique way to that guest. It's also interacting with emails and messaging afterwards, or is there messaging in between?
Speaker: It is. So
Steve V2: it's actually
Speaker: interacting across all touch points. So naturally, people usually start with the website to kind of start browsing around. But once we figure out that they're actually looking at a vacation or a potential stay, we're able to kind of tailor that across all touch points. So email is a strong part of it. The email campaigns they get, either before they book or after they book, are going to have that same level of intelligence and all powered by the same underlying platform across any which way they interact with the website. The cool thing is the level of insight we're able to give Casago and the franchisees is super detailed as to what kinds of people are most likely to book for them. And essentially you can take that info and use it any which way you want, but it expands beyond just the website for sure.
Steve V2: And how often do we get those reports or dashboards? How, like, how does, how do we get that data? And then how often is it updated?
Speaker: Yeah, so it is updated daily at the, at the moment. We can certainly. Throw all that up and get more closer to real time. I think I'm not going to quote real time until I talked to my CEO, but certainly daily at the moment here was a full reporting interface for you to go in and really check, uh, and see what performance looks like. And that's the one thing I love about the company. Is that the data speaks for us? We don't have to sell you on necessarily the data will say if we're performing well or not, but we do get the reporting frequently, at least once a day. Other than that, we're actually able to tailor anything directly to your needs. If we need reporting in your own platform, we can build that out for you as well. It's really
Steve V2: cool. And what kind of KPIs should we be looking at as we go forward with adaptive and say, you know, one of the teammates or one of the franchise partners is looking at, you know, the data. What are some of the more important. Data sets that they can interpolate into. Real action for them.
Speaker: Yeah, so so the first thing I'm going to say is revenue always solves all right So understanding them, you know apples apples are we driving you more of a lift in bookings and associated revenue or not? That's always kind of the fun one a and b which one has more money But more than that revenue per visitor as well as overall lifetime value people coming back Because if they had a good experience or really good You know, key ones to keep track of. During a proof of concept, we, we test everything. We want to make sure that we're aligning to every possible KPI that matters to each franchisee, but we usually start with baseline revenue lift and revenue per visitor to kind of
Steve V2: prove out the concept. Those are good ones. And so now we've already got you on casago. com, but you know, we also have a lot of partner websites. If one of the partners want to go ahead and put adaptive on their own area specific Costco website. How would they go about doing that? So
Speaker: definitely talk to us. We can figure out, first of all, what data is available for us to train on and how to make that data meaningful. Most of my life at Google was spent around talking about how to destructure data silos and start making that information useful for you. Once we get an idea of what we're working with, we can then start putting the pieces together for you to understand In a meaningful way, how do we leverage this information to give the guest a better experience? So, very long way of saying, let's talk. Part of our process is a no cost data assessment. We look at, what do we have in store? And then we tell you, here's exactly what we can do for
Steve V2: you, before we even get started. That's really cool. And so, is it just code placed into the website itself? Does it slow the website down? Is there any interactive things that they would have to do that would help? Harm the guest process as they go through that. Is there anything like that they need to be thinking about?
Speaker: So, no, we want to make this as, as low lift as possible. It is a line of code placed in the actual website template. There should be no latency issues whatsoever. And I always say should, because never say never, you never know. with any piece of technology. That being said though, we do load asynchronously where if for some reason Adaptive does not load, you'll default back to what you already have. So there's no impact to guest experience. Right. Hasn't happened before, don't think it'll ever happen, but there's always a backup plan. Sure. Aside from that low level lift, once that code's on, the onus is on Adaptive to design, deliver, and continuously improve and learn off the data that we have. Yeah.
Steve V2: That's fantastic. Ash, I really appreciate you coming on. You're here at Cost of the Con. Yeah. This is your first Casacan, right? It is, and I'm having a blast. Yeah? Love it so far? Love it so far. So I'll ask this to everybody who comes on, uh, Casacast. What's your favorite thing about Casago?
Speaker: Biggest thing is a forward thinking mentality. I know it sounds facetious here, but having worked in tech for so long, I kind of take it for granted that not everyone may be willing or open to looking at brand new technology with a legacy industry. With Kasago though, working with obviously folks like you and your entire team, the idea of how do we push the boundary and hold our partners accountable is exactly what I loved. And from our first conversation until now, it's a true partnership. It feels like, how do we get better and do right by you by using our technology to also improve on our end too. So I just love the fact that you're willing to embrace new tech and hold us
Steve V2: accountable. Well, we're really excited about the partnership and the tech and the potential of the lift. And you know, you've been wonderful to work with. I'm really excited to have you back on as results start coming in and telling the the partners about it. Getting in more bookings and driving revenue for the homeowners and for our partners. Big old rocket ship, Steve. Let's do it. Yeah. So thanks for coming on Nash. Thanks for having me. Appreciate you to be, just don't call in in there. We got orange credo.