Connecting with the spirit of an animal is ancient medicine and is one of the universal practices of shamanic cultures. To help those of us interested in rekindling this ancient connection and “enter the soul of the animal kingdom,” my guest Lori Morrison wrote the book The Shaman’s Guide to Power Animals - an accessible guide to help us manage life’s challenges.
- Lori shares how she channeled the essence of over 200 mammals, insects, birds and fish in order to receive their messages and to understand how they can be of service to us
- She talks about what surprised her about this process and the animal that had the most profound effect on her
- She also discusses the importance of discovering your “theme animal” - the animal spirit who was present at the time of your birth and offers support and important teachings throughout your life
- You’ll learn how to work with animal spirits and how to use her book to help you manage life’s challenges
- We discuss the cross-cultural meanings of certain animals
- Lori also talks about her life-altering and powerful introduction to the shamanic path back in 2010 as captured in her memoir The Disintegration of My Ordinary Reality.
When 19-year-old Jason mysteriously slips into a deep coma, family members and doctors are baffled. Seeking answers, the family contacts author and shamanic healer Wendy Halley. Using the ancient practice of Shamanic Trance, Wendy begins a 9-month odyssey into the ‘dreamtime’ world, where she and Jason will connect in a healing journey that transcends geography, distance, and the conscious world.
What is Lucid Cafe?
What's on the menu at Lucid Cafe? Stories of transformation; healing journeys; thought-provoking conversations about consciousness, shamanism, psychology, ethics. Hosted by Wendy Halley of Lucid Path Wellness & Healing Arts.