Ever wondered how route planning apps, well, plan routes? In this episode, we navigate through this fascinating topic, a field as data-driven and systemic as it is magical and compelling.
Joining us is Parker Woodward, Route Expert and Marketing Director for Route4Me. We discuss how route planning works, the intricacies behind it, and how services like Route4Me perform complex balancing acts between machine learning and user-generated feedback.
- Route4Me https://route4me.com
- Route4Me API https://route4me.io
- Waze https://www.waze.com
- Google Maps https://www.google.com/maps
- OpenStreetMap https://www.openstreetmap.org
- MapQuest https://www.mapquest.com
- DeepMind https://deepmind.com
- Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari
- Dwarf Fortress http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
What is Programming Throwdown?
Programming Throwdown educates Computer Scientists and Software Engineers on a cavalcade of programming and tech topics. Every show will cover a new programming language, so listeners will be able to speak intelligently about any programming language.