Rebecca and Daniel talk to Joe Masher, the current National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO) Treasurer and COO of Bow Tie Cinemas -- the oldest theater circuit in North America, about the political conflict hindering the reopening of theaters in New York city and the guidelines set for some theaters to open in New York state.
- [00:00:50] Movie theaters to reopen in New York state, except NY city area
- [00:04:20] This week's Top 5 box office
- [00:06:20] Two Hearts film ranked 6th place
- [00:07:26] Chris Charalambous on acquiring titles and deciding the release dates
- [00:09:28] Two Hearts' YouTube trailer views
- [00:10:57] Loren Schwartz on marketing a movie in this pandemic
- [00:12:59] The importance of a diverse film calendar
- [00:14:20] How attainable it is to adapt to safety standards
- [00:18:10] Theaters can reopen in counties with 2% or less infection rate
- [00:18:49] Strict air filtration upgrades in theaters
- [00:21:00] Complicated and complex air handling guidelines
- [00:22:46] Instead of regional, reopening should be based on county numbers
- [00:26:18] You can't close down borders between the boroughs
- [00:27:31] The Aurora theater in East Aurora, New York
- [00:29:54] New York city lost most of its Art Houses
- [00:31:10] Lawsuits and the continued closure of theaters in other states
- [00:34:24] When is New York city going to reopen?
- [00:36:32] There must be a good list of titles for theaters to remain open
What is Boxoffice Podcast?
The Boxoffice Podcast is your #1 resource for news and analysis about movies and the movie business. We'll be your guide through these evolving and sometimes disruptive times. While breaking down film headlines, exploring box office results, and chatting with studio & cinema executives, we'll discuss all aspects of movies and entertainment. By movie lovers for movie lovers!