Laura was introduced to Dr. Kristina Mitchell’s research at the last National University Technology Network conference back in 2017. Kristina’s study offered findings around Gender Bias in Student Evaluations from university instruction and was co-authored with Jonathan Martin. We were thrilled to have Kristina on the #InVinoFab Podcast, Episode no. 18 to share about her passion for political science, gender equity, international relations, and action films.
- Obama’s Female Staffers Came Up With a Genius Strategy to Make Sure Their Voices Were Heard https://www.thecut.com/2016/09/heres-how-obamas-female-staffers-made-their-voices-heard.html
- Mitchell, K. M., & Martin, J. (2018). Gender Bias in Student Evaluations. PS: Political Science & Politics, 1-5. https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/ps-political-science-and-politics/article/gender-bias-in-student-evaluations/1224BE475C0AE75A2C2D8553210C4E27/core-reader
- Amani El-Alayli, Ashley A. Hansen-Brown, Michelle Ceynar. Dancing Backwards in High Heels: Female Professors Experience More Work Demands and Special Favor Requests, Particularly from Academically Entitled Students. Sex Roles, 2018; DOI: 10.1007/s11199-017-0872-6
- Female professors are asked for favors more often than male professors https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/01/180103101125.htm
- No More Chili Pepper: RateMyProfessors Ditches ‘Hotness’ Ratings https://www.chronicle.com/article/No-More-Chili-Pepper-/243809
- Women, Own Your ‘Dr.’ Titles https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/28/opinion/women-dont-back-down-online.html by @bairdjulia "... a horde of women revealing that they, too, had been taunted for using their titles, while many men who had not received such criticism were baffled."
- Female stars in Star Wars https://www.slashfilm.com/best-female-star-wars-characters/
- Curiosity makes 'Wonder Woman' director a great filmmaker https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a07aBnZqtQU
- Inside the tag team of “GLOW” creators Liz Flahive and Carly Mensch https://www.fastcompany.com/40589727/chatting-with-glow-creators-liz-flahive-and-carly-mensch
What is The #InVinoFab Podcast?
The #InVinoFab Podcast uncorks to share stories about women+, wine, and work through personal stories. In Vino Fabulum, means: In Wine, Story! Co-hosts @ProfPatrice & @LauraPasquini bring different voices and ideas to the pod to challenge, learn, and engage listeners for issues and ideas impacting women in their communities and at work. These narrative episodes are delightfully paired with interesting projects, workplace experiences, helpful learning anecdotes, and creative discoveries for how women live today. Listen to the podcast and join the conversation at @InVinoFab (Instagram & Twitter).