Illustrator and graphic designer Andrew Swainson has been collaborating with Andy Partridge for over 20 years. As well as working on XTC and Dukes of Stratosphear re-releases, he helped create the distinctive look of Gonwards, Fuzzy Warbles and many more. He talks about variety, inspiration and Skylarking.
- Powers, Partridge's tribute to abstract electronic artist Richard M Power, made to look like an early 60s paperback book
- Warm Robot by Jen Olive, with its sci-fi fold-out sleeve
- Gonwards, by Peter Blegvad and Andy Partridge, complete with Mexican-style loteria card game
- Orpheus: The Lowdown, another Blegvad/Partridge collaboration, with its haunting X-ray imagery
- Fuzzy Warbles, the gorgeous compendium of unreleased XTC rarities
More about Andrew Swainson at https://www.andrewswainson.com/
Remember to subscribe to What Do You Call That Noise? The XTC Podcast on your favourite podcast app – and please support future episodes by donating at https://www.patreon.com/markfisher
Treat yourself to The XTC Bumper Book of Fun for Boys and Girls and What Do You Call That Noise? An XTC Discovery Book, both available at https://www.xtclimelight.com
What is What Do You Call That Noise? The XTC Podcast?
Interviews and discussions about XTC, from White Music to Wasp Star and beyond