In this episode Adam talks to Ryan Florence about the challenges of making custom UI components accessible, and how Ryan is trying to make that easier with Reach UI.
- How modern JS frameworks have made the web less accessible
- How Reach UI is making it easier for people to build accessible components without sacrificing customizability
- The importance of using the correct markup
- How focus trapping works
- Adding keyboard navigation to components in a way that makes sense for screenreader users
- The challenges of building an accessibility-focused UI library
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio to try their Bootstrap Plan free for 90 days
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.