From losing a corporate job at 55 to launching a creative business at 63, today's guest truly embodies her brand’s tagline “It’s never too late to create”.
We talk about:
• Why you don’t need to be 10 steps ahead of the people you teach to provide real value and how it actually is an advantage to understand their pain points and stay in their shoes
• Advantages of having a small audience and cherishing the baby steps of your business
• The importance of investing in yourself then paying yourself back by applying and monetizing all the new skills that you’ve learned
• Tactile tips on time management
• What vehicles she personally uses to market her brand on her own
• Directing hot traffic from one platform to the other and how content repurposing is a lifesaver
• Empowerment and the concept of loving your craft, being in charge of your business, and having no boss to tell you what to do
• What she thinks are the two biggest trends in digital marketing
• Her personal mantra rooted in getting better with age
Mentioned in this episode:
Mojo Design by Monique Johnson: https://designwithmojo.com/about
Amy Porterfield: https://www.amyporterfield.com/category/online-courses/
“Launch”, a book by Jeff Walker: https://jeffwalker.com/programs/
“Launch formula”, online course by Jeff Walker: https://jeffwalker.com/
Stu McLaren: https://stu.me/start
Bonnie Christine: https://bonniechristine.com/
Julia Cameron’s book “The Artist’s Way”: https://juliacameronlive.com/
Tony Robbins: https://www.tonyrobbins.com/
To connect with Anne:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, follow these links for more of my work and valuable resources to get you started on building your personal brand and business. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
Discount Code: “PHILIP50”
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals, and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends, and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy, and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing, and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career, and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs, and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.
What is Brand Design Masters Podcast?
The Brand Design Masters Podcast with Philip VanDusen is dedicated to helping you build the skills you need to design bullet-proof brands - for yourself, your business and for the clients and customers you serve.
In every episode, Philip, his co-hosts and interview guests will share inspiration, ideas, trends and techniques that will lift you to greater heights as a creative professional or entrepreneur - so you can build a successful creative practice, business and personal brand in the Creative Economy.