Walt Disney World is raising prices on some Disney park tickets, but will that affect your vacation? This story plus festive Disney PhotoPass options, a new Disney restaurant cancellation policy, EPCOT Festival of the Holidays Foodie Guide and more Disney travel news.
Beginning December 8, Walt Disney World will introduce park-specific pricing on 1-day, 1-park tickets. This means you will now have to select a date and theme park before buying your park ticket. When you buy a 1-Day ticket for a specific date and theme park, a theme park reservation will automatically be made for you at the time of purchase.
For Disney travelers who buy multi-day Walt Disney World tickets, nothing will change and you will continue to make theme park reservations.
One-day Disney World ticket prices will be as follows:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: $109-$159 (same range as today)
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: $124-$179
- EPCOT: $114-$179
- Magic Kingdom Park: $124-$189 (Note: The $189 price for the week of Christmas to New Year’s.)
- On December 8 there will also be new pricing for Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus add-ons.
- On December 8, Annual Pass pricing for the Incredi-, Sorcerer and Pirate Annual Passes will increase between $43-100. The Disney Pixie Dust Pass will remain at its current price.
- The Disney Pixie Dust Pass remains available for purchase, but the other three Annual Passes are still not for sale. All Annual Passes continue to be available for renewal.
You can now cancel dining reservations up to two hours before your meal without being charged a cancellation fee.
Note there are some exclusions. This does NOT apply to Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Victoria & Albert’s and Monsieur Paul. Each of these venues has its own dining cancellation policy.
Disney Cruise Line Announces Acquisition of Ship with Plans to Visit New Markets
Disney announced they acquired a partially completed ship that will bring Disney Cruise Line to new global destinations. Disney will work with the Meyer Werft shipbuilding company to complete the cruise ship previously known as the Global Dream in Wismar, Germany. The ship will be renamed with certain features reimagined under the world-renowned expertise of Walt Disney Imagineers and is expected to set sail in 2025.
The new ship will be based outside the United States.
Mickey’s Toontown to Reopen at Disneyland Park on March 8, 2023
- Goofy’s How-To-Play Yard, including a sound garden where kids will discover new ways to make noise and enjoy an all-new elevated clubhouse
- inside there will be an interactive candy-making contraption that begins outside of Goofy’s home, as drips of honey fall from a beehive onto a chute that slides the colorful drops around and down into the home. Junior candymakers will help Goofy make the candy.
- Donald’s Boat will be perched in the duck pond of the Goof homestead. Kids will enjoy making a splash here.
- Chip ‘n’ Dale’s GADGETcoaster is a fun-sized coaster for the town’s tiniest citizens.
- At Mickey’s House and Minnie’s House you'll still be able to step inside to enjoy a self-guided tour. You may even be able to visit with Mickey and Minnie while they're there.
The holiday atmosphere is in full swing at Walt Disney World and Disney PhotoPass photographers have a ton of holly-jolly props, Magic Shots, and more. Be sure to keep a lookout for where to find them.
After dark in front of the Christmas trees at EPCOT, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Disney Springs.
These are just a few examples and there will be opportunities at most locations across Walt Disney World.
The New Cake Bake Shop is Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk
Disney has confirmed that the Cake Bake Shop is coming to Disney’s BoardWalk in 2023. This will replace the ESPN Club and is a table service restaurant and bakery.
Foodie Guide to EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays 2022
The EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays runs until December 30 and food is a big part of it. Here's what you will find, including our recommended top picks.
Mele Kalikimaka (Near Port of Entry)
- Kālua Pork with Okinawa sweet potatoes and mango salad
- Lomi Lomi Salmon with tomatoes, onions, salmon roe, yuzu-mayonnaise, and yuca chips (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
- Haupia: Hawaiian coconut pudding with candied macadamia nuts and coconut
- Kona Brewing Co. Big Wave Golden Ale
- Florida Orange Groves Sparkling Pineapple Wine
- Melon Breeze with Spiced Rum
- Hot Cocoa (Non-alcoholic)
- Chocolate Peppermint Shake featuring Twinings Peppermint Cheer Tea (Non-alcoholic)
- Breckenridge Brewery Christmas Ale
- Playalinda Brewing Co. Coquito Beer
- Brew Hub S’mores Porter
- Hot Cocoa with assorted alcoholic cordials (Baileys Irish Cream, Frangelico Liqueur, or Fireball Cinnamon Whisky)
- Chocolate Peppermint Shake: Twinings Peppermint Cheer Tea and Whipped Cream Vodka
- Beer Flight
- IMPOSSIBLE Chorizo Tamale with plant-based cotija cheese and spicy red Chile sauce (New) (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly) (Plant-based Item)
- Pernil: Mojo Pork with tostones and ketchup-mayonnaise (New) (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
- Alfajores: Vanilla shortbread cookie with dulce de leche and coconut (New) (Cookie Stroll)
- 81Bay Brewing Co. Horchata Beer
- Chai Ginger Mule featuring Boyd & Blair Potato Vodka
- Cinnamon-glazed Almonds (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
- Cinnamon-glazed Cashews (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
- Cinnamon-glazed Pecans (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
- Fire-roasted Chestnuts (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
- Hot Cocoa (Non-alcoholic)
- G. Lee Eggnog (Non-alcoholic)
- Ivanhoe Park Brewing Co. Hazel Nutty-Cracker Sweet Stout
- Hot Cocoa with Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey, whipped cream, and candied nuts
- G. Lee Eggnog with Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey
- Firenog: T.G. Lee Eggnog with Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
- Red Velvet Mini Bundt Cake with cream cheese icing
- Salted Caramel Spaceship Earth Cookie
- Snowball Cookies
- Peppermint Bark (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
- Mouse Crunch made with M&M’S chocolate candies
- Maple Bûche de Noël: Maple mousse and cranberry rolled in gingerbread chiffon cake
- Gingerbread Cookie (Cookie Stroll)
- Hot Cocoa (non-alcoholic)
- Cinnamon Apple Cider (non-alcoholic)
- 3 Daughters Brewing Winter Spiced Lager
- BrewDog Hoppy Christmas IPA
- Wicked Weed Brewing Milk & Cookies Imperial Milk Stout
- Cocoa Candy Cane: Hot Cocoa with peppermint schnapps
- Beer Flight
- Coquito Soft-serve Waffle Cone
- Turkey Poutine: French Fries with turkey gravy, cranberry relish, and crispy onions
- Boulevard Brewing Quirk Cranberry Apple Cinnamon Seltzer (New)
- Pasek Cellars Cranberry Wine (New)
- Pumpkin spice ginger cocktail with Boyd & Blair Potato Vodka
- Coquito Soft-serve topped with Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- Seared Scallops with parsnip silk, apple chutney, and hazelnut croquant
- Beef Bourguignon with crushed potatoes
- SNICKERS-Doodle Cookie made with SNICKERS bar pieces (Cookie Stroll)
- Frozen Coffee (Non-alcoholic)
- 81Bay Brewing Co. Peanut Butter Banana Porter
- Playalinda Brewing Co. Maple Cookie Blonde Ale
- Collective Arts Coffee Maple Porter
- Regional Icewine
- Regional Red Wine
- Frozen Coffee with Tap 357 Whisky
- Beer Flight
- Pastrami on Rye with house-made pickles and deli mustard
- Smoked Salmon Potato Latke (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
- Potato Latkes (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly) (Plant-based Item)
- Sufganiyot: Mini jelly-filled doughnuts
- Black and White Cookie (Plant-based Item) (Cookie Stroll)
- Brooklyn Brewery Winter IPA,
- Frozen New York Whiskey Sour: Manifest Whiskey and Manischewitz Blackberry Wine (New)
- Grilled Kebabs with carrot-chickpea salad and garlic aïoli
- Lamb Kefta (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
- Chermoula Chicken (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
- Stone-baked Moroccan Bread with hummus, chermoula, and Zhoug dips
- 3 Daughters Brewing Cranberry Cider
- Woodchuck Winter Chill Hard Cider
- Ciderboys Mad Bark Hard Cider
- Fig Cocktail with sparkling wine, fig vodka, and cranberry juice
- Cider Flight
- Slow-roasted Turkey with BEN’S ORIGINAL Stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, and cranberry sauce
- Blackened Catfish with Hoppin’ John and comeback sauce (New)(Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookie (Cookie Stroll)
- Gulf Stream Brewing Whiteout Sails Wit Beer
- 3 Daughters Brewing Eggnog White Porter
- Playalinda Brewing Co. Peppermint Chocolate Stout
- Beer Flight
- Pork Schnitzel with mushroom sauce, Spätzle, and braised red cabbage
- Cheese Fondue in a Bread Bowl with steamed baby vegetables and marble potatoes
- Linzer Cookie (Cookie Stroll)
- Possmann Pure Hard Apple Cider
- The Tank Brewing Co. Prost! Fest Bier
- Ayinger Brewery Celebrator Doppelbock
- Regional Riesling
- Glühwein: House-made hot spiced wine
- Beer Flight
- Peanut Stew with sweet potatoes, mustard greens, and roasted peanuts (New)(Plant-based Item) (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
- DOLE Whip Raspberry
- UFO Beer Company Triple Berry Teleporter
- Stem Ciders Cocoa Caramel Hard Apple Cider
- Boulevard Brewing Co. Unfiltered Wheat Beer
- Croissant Donut with cinnamon-sugar
- Holiday Yeast Donut with vanilla icing and red and white sprinkles (New)
- Chocolate Peppermint Donut
- Eggnog and Cream-filled Donut with cinnamon icing and crumbled gingersnap cookies
- The Donut Box
- Gingerbread Milk Shake (Non-alcoholic)
- Coppertail Brewing Co. Gingerbread Stout
- Gingerbread Milk Shake with whipped cream vodka
- Holiday Sugar Cookie (Holiday Cookie Stroll)
- Coquito Milk Shake (Non-alcoholic)
- Holiday Sangria: Indaba Chenin Blanc, Laird's Applejack Brandy, white cranberry juice, and boba pearls
- Coquito Milk Shake with Bacardí Superior Rum
- Jingle Sugar Cookie made with M&M’S chocolate candies (Holiday Cookie Stroll)
- Napoleon de Saumon Fumé en Brioche: Smoked salmon napoleon with layers of smoked salmon, dill mousse, and crème fraîche mousse served in brioche
- Rôti de Jambon Sauce Moutarde à l’ancienne, Pommes Dauphine: Roasted ham with mushrooms, pearl onions, bacon, mustard sauce, and puff potatoes (New)
- Macaron en Sucette, Ganache à la Menthe Poivrée et aux Chocolats Valrhona: Macaron lollipop with peppermint and Valrhona chocolate ganache (New)
- Frozen Hot Chocolate Martini: Grey Goose La Vanille Vodka, vodka, chocolate milk, and whipped cream
- Côté Mas Syrah-Grenache (New)
- Spiced Pumpkin Punch: Rhum Clement VSOP Vieux Agricole, spiced pumpkin purée, oat milk (New)
- Cranberry Mimosa: Pol Remy Sparkling Wine with orange juice and cranberry syrup
- Macaron Christmas Tree (New)
- Tortellini in Brodo: 5-cheese tortellini, house-made aromatic winter truffle broth, chives (New)
- Salmone alla Siciliana: Cured salmon tartare, Sicilian blood orange, pistachios, and basil (New)
- Panettone: Panettone bread pudding and vanilla cream (New)
- Banfi Rosa Regale
- Italian Sangria Red or White
- Italian Margarita with tequila and limoncello
- Peroni Pilsner
- Chicken Skewer with creamy peanut sauce
- Beef Noodle Soup Bowl with slow-braised beef shank, green onion, house-made chili oil (New)
- Vegetable Spring Rolls with citrus sauce (New)
- Panda Bubble Tea: Classic milk tea with black and white boba pearls (non-alcoholic)
- Lucky Foo Pale Ale
- Kung Fu Master with Tito’s Vodka, Triple Sec, mango, orange juice, and soda water
- Marco Boba with amaretto, iced coffee, whole milk, and boba pearls
- The Lucky Mo: SKYY Infusions Vodka, peach schnapps, piña colada mix, orange juice, soda water
- Sushi Tree: Sushi Roll with krab meat and cream cheese topped with tempura, Ikura salmon roe, and spicy mayonnaise
- New Year Celebration Soba: Buckwheat soba noodles in a hot dashi soup with yuzu, shrimp tempura, kamaboko fish cake, and chopped green onion
- Mochi Cake: Gooey rice cake made with rice flour and served with Hojicha cream, strawberry, tangerine, and sweet red beans
- Ichigo Milk Boba: Cranberry and yuzu cream drink featuring Japanese Calpico Soft Drink and popping strawberry boba pearls (Non-alcoholic) (New)
- Japanese Christmas Punch: Shōchū, Plum wine, cranberry, and lemon (New)
- Ozeki Sake Platinum: Junmai Daiginjo
- Brew Hub Strawberry Lager (New)
- Giant Tostada de Barbacoa: Braised barbacoa beef on a giant tostada, chipotle black bean purée, salsa verde, queso cotija, crema Mexicana, and pickled onion (New)(Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
- Cochinita Pibil Tamal: Cochinita pibil in corn masa topped with Pipián sauce, queso cotija, and crema Mexicana (New)(Gluten/ Wheat Friendly)
- Dulce de Leche Churros sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar
- Pomegranate Margarita: Ilegal Mezcal Joven, black currant liqueur, pomegranate, and ginger juice with a hibiscus salt rim (New)
- Horchata Margarita: Centinela Blanco Tequila, Abasolo Corn Whisky, Agua de Horchata, and a hint of cinnamon-infused mezcal
- Holiday Cerveza: Cielito Lindo Artisanal Mexican Beer blended for the holiday season (New)
- Mini Funnel Cake topped with Peppermint Ice Cream, Chocolate Whipped Cream, and Crushed Peppermint (New)
- Horchata Cold Brew: A holly jolly blend of Joffrey’s Shakin’ Jamaican Cold Brew and horchata topped with whipped cream and cinnamon (New) (Non-alcoholic) (Spirited version available featuring Bacardí Coquito Coconut Cream Liqueur)
- Chip 'n' Dale Spork (New)
Thank You for Listening to the Disney Travel Podcast
Thank you very much for listening to this episode, Amelia and I hope that you enjoyed it. If you did, we would be very grateful if you could rate, review and subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts/iTunes (or on whichever app you choose to listen). A brief review about what you liked most about an episode truly helps to keep the show going by exposing it to new listeners. We look forward to continue producing new episodes each week.
Sharing the podcast with your friends and on social media is also extremely helpful and very much appreciated.
Shop 1923 Main Street
Feel free to visit our 1923 Main Street® Disney merchandise shop where we have hundreds of unique and original Disney-inspired t-shirts, leggings, clothing, mugs, phone cases and much more. You'll find everything from 1923 Main Street logo merchandise to custom created authentic Disney-inspired originals, including lots of great patterns for leggings and other items.
Contact 1923 Main Street
Thank you for listening to the Disney Travel News Podcast at 1923MainStreet.com. As always, we love to get feedback and questions from our listeners and to hear your suggestions and ideas for future episodes.
Please be sure to follow along on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
Thank you for listening and have a magical day!
Mike Belobradic and Amelia Belobradic
Media provided by Jamendo
Creators & Guests
What is 1923 Main Street: The Disney Travel Podcast?
1923 Main Street® is an award-winning* Disney travel podcast hosted by the father daughter team of Mike Belobradic and Amelia Belobradic. This is your source for the latest Disney travel news and what it all means for you.
Join Mike and Amelia for fun-filled informative discussions as they share the latest Disney travel news every week. Get the latest news for travel to Disney destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disney Vacation Club properties (including Disney Aulani in Hawaii and Disney's Vero Beach Resort in Florida), Disneyland Paris and more.
In each episode, Mike and Amelia discuss the very latest Disney travel news from resort hotels, to Disney dining, VIP experiences, special events, theme parks and more. Mike has over 50 years and 100+ weeks of onsite Disney travel experience, while Amelia brings a younger perspective to the table with 11+ years and well over 30 weeks of onsite Disney travel experiences at the age of 14.
*1923 Main Street: The Disney Travel Podcast won the Canadian Podcast Award for Outstanding Kids & Family Series in 2022 and has been nominated for Best Podcast Awards at the People's Choice Podcast Awards and the Canadian Podcast Awards.