"All of these eyeballs are giving me anxiety."
- "I'm not used to all this attention. it’s weird. not bad, just…not used to it."
- "If you're doing anything interesting out in the world, you're gonna have people get mad about something at some point." – Rob Walling
- "There's a bit of imposter syndrome; like, do we deserve this?"
- It's more about the way you orient yourself than setting a specific destination.
- Bootstrapping podcasts: Art of Product, Bootstrapping SaaS, Slow & Steady, Bright & Early, Build your SaaS, Bootstrapping Web, Startups for the Rest of Us, Getting to Ramen, Bootstrapping Digest, Product Journey.
- How big is podcasting really?
- (29:11) – This new season of Gimlet's "Startup" podcast is fascinating: it reveals info about the podcast industry that we just didn't know before.
- Halt and Catch Fire – is this show too weird?
- Podcasting has always grown slowly.
- What are some of the risks, or threats, to our business?
- How do podcasters build an audience?
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
- ActiveCampaign. Get the world's most advanced marketing & sales automation platform. Use the code activecampaign.com/buildyoursaas and get two months free + 2 free One-on-Ones!
- Honeybadger. A web developer's secret weapon! Modern error management that gives you more than an email and a backtrace. They also have an amazing podcast: FounderQuest.
- Canadian Thanksgiving
- Jason Fried's tweet: "Congrats to @mijustin and @jonbuda for making it to full-time status!"
- How to deal with haters
- People on the internet can be so mean
- Twitter's launch at SXSW
- Podcast: Chase Jarvis on the Rich Roll podcast
- Wikipedia: What is a party line?
- Art of Product
- Bootstrapping SaaS
- Slow & Steady
- Bright & Early
- Bootstrapped Web
- Startups for the Rest of Us
- Getting to Ramen
- Bootstrapping Digest
- Product Journey
- Full Stack Radio
- The Laravel Snippet
- New episode of Startup, Season 3
- TV: Halt and Catch Fire
You can reply to this podcast here:
- Leave a comment on PodHunt; it's like Reddit, but for podcasts.
- Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for iPhone.
- Interact on WhatPods.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: email@example.com
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- James Sowers with UserInput.io
- Travis Fischer
- Matt Buckley, from Nice Things
- Russell Brown
- Evandro Sasse
- Pradyumna Shembekar (PD)
- Noah Prail
- David Colgan
- Robert Simplicio
- Colin Gray alitu.com
- Josh Smith
- Ivan Curkovic
- Brian Rhea (Pronounced “Ray”)
- Shane Smith
- Austin Loveless
- Simon Bennett
- Corey Haines
- Michael Sitver
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis
- Dan Buda danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto
- Dave Young
- Brad from Canada
- Sammy Schuckert
- Dan Ericson
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
- Kyle Fox GetRewardful.com
What is Build Your SaaS – bootstrap in 2020?
Can you bootstrap a profitable startup in 2020? Thousands of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and product people have tried to launch their own web apps. But with so many venture-backed startups now, is it still possible? Follow Jon and Justin as they build their podcasting SaaS, Transistor.fm.