In this week’s episode of The Boxoffice Podcast, co-hosts Russ Fischer, Daniel Loria, Rebecca Pahle, and Shawn Robbins discuss the $75.5M box office gross for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, a record for Labor Day weekend and the third-highest September release ever. In the feature segment, Daniel talks to Aron Gaudet and Gita Pullapilly of STXfilms about their R-rated comedy Queenpins, in theaters this Friday.
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Shatters Expectations w/ Record-Smashing $71.4M 3-Day/$83.5M 4-Day Opening
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:38 Shang-Chi made $90M on 4,300 screens
- 10:36 Major title release date changes
- 14:35 Tom Cruise franchise films getting pushed back
- 19:27 Expectations for Q4 in the box office
- 24:43 Queenpins was inspired by a true story
- 25:51 Production started in October 2020 during the height of the pandemic
- 27:03 How the pandemic impacted the filming
- 29:08 Production complications
- 31:16 What’s the importance of a comedy film hitting the theaters?
- 34:04 Marketing tips for movie theaters
What is Boxoffice Podcast?
The Boxoffice Podcast is your #1 resource for news and analysis about movies and the movie business. We'll be your guide through these evolving and sometimes disruptive times. While breaking down film headlines, exploring box office results, and chatting with studio & cinema executives, we'll discuss all aspects of movies and entertainment. By movie lovers for movie lovers!