J Balvin and French rapper Ninho takeover Deezer’s Top Worldwide chart......Atlanta artist Lil Nas X embodies a viral artist on the rise.......“Selección Editorial” is Deezer’s #2 most followed playlist
chartmetric.io @chartmetric #nerdout #musicdata
- J Balvin and French rapper Ninho takeover Deezer’s Top Worldwide chart
- Atlanta artist Lil Nas X embodies a viral artist on the rise, and
- “Selección Editorial” is Deezer’s #2 most followed playlist
- Good morning, it’s Jason here at Chartmetric with your 3-minute Data Dump where we upload charts, artists and playlists into your brain so you can stay up on the latest in the music data world.
- This is your Data Dump for Thursday March 28th 2019.
- Paris-based streaming platform Deezer updated its most-listened-to chart yesterday called Top Worldwide. It functions similar to a playlist, with 367K fans following the top tracks chart.
- Collecting streams from the 187 countries Deezer operates in, Top Worldwide has 100 tracks with French rap duo PNL in the #1 spot with “Au DD”, whose YouTube video released less than a week ago and has 21M views as of yesterday.
- Besides PNL, the rest of the top tracks looks quite familiar with Post Malone, Ariana Grande and Daddy Yankee all showing up in the top 10.
- Leading the Deezer chart with the most entries however, were two artists tied at six tracks each: Colombia’s J Balvin and France’s Ninho.
- Interestingly enough, both rappers’ got there in very different ways: J Balvin’s tracks were all multi-artist collaboration tracks either on someone else’s album or one-off singles, while the Congolese-French Ninho has six of 18 tracks off his new album release “Destin” (des-TAHN) getting its fair share of attention on Deezer.
- Artist Highlight in the News
- The viral, genre-defying track “Old Town Road” by emerging Atlanta rapper Lil Nas X made news on Tuesday when Rolling Stone reported that Billboard removed the country-themed trap song from its Hot Country Songs chart.
- Loaded social issues aside, Lil Nas X’s music data profile at this moment is a fascinating study in what viral status looks like.
- With only 19K Spotify followers, he has managed to pull 5.7M monthly listeners, giving him an unworldly 300 listener to follower ratio.
- Currently on Spotify’s Today’s Top Hits playlist in the #12 spot and Apple Music’s Top 100: Global playlist in the #1 spot, Lil Nas X has managed grow a total playlist follower reach of 314K just one month ago, to a playlist follower reach over 55M.
- In only the past ten days, he’s more than doubled his Instagram follower count to 92K, so Billboard Country chart or not, this cowboy sure won’t be by his lonesome.
- Playlist Round-Up
- “Selección Editorial” is currently the #2 Deezer playlist on the platform at 6.6M fans. It’s ran by their editorial team in México, who typically change the tracks on Saturday.
- This week, there’s 149 tracks with “pop”, “Latin”, “tropical”, “reggaetón” and “edm” being the most common genre tags.
- The current artist roster surprisingly is 43% from the US and UK, with 29% of them from México, Puerto Rico, Spain and Colombia.
- Selección Editorial caters to frontline material, as ⅔ of the tracks were released within a week of its release, however it changes at a glacial pace: it’s 28-day add ratio is only 5%, meaning that in the last month only 5% of the playlist got refreshed with new tracks.
- Additionally, over 87% of its historical tracks lived there from one to six months, so while your new release has little chance of getting on Selección Editorial, the chosen few do get to spend quite some time on it.
- That’s it for your Daily Data Dump for Thursday March 28th 2019. This is Jason from Chartmetric, if you want to dig into más data, visit chartmetric.io/signup. That’s chartmetric (no s) dot IO slash signup.
- Happy Thursday, see you tomorrow!
What is Your Music Data Dump from Chartmetric?
Fan followers, playlist ranks, monthly listeners...welcome to the world of music business data!
Join Chartmetric, one of the music industry's leading music analytics tools, for your morning shot of the latest news on music charts, artists on the move and influential playlists.
As of Nov 2019, releasing 2-3 times a month for a longer format.
Full show notes: https://podcast.chartmetric.com
#entertainmentindustry #musicbusiness #musicindustry #data