In this episode, Mike and Eric dive into Stoic Philosophy and its practical application in our
In this episode, Mike and Eric dive into Stoic Philosophy and its practical application in our modern society. In such trying times, with so much going on outside of our area of control, Stoicism can help us make sense of things while still being able to protect our mental well being. Our experts share thoughts from their own personal journeys with Stoicism and how it has helped each of them enhance their personal and professional lives.
Key Topic Timestamps
- 01:45 - Eric’s Perception of Stoicism
- 05:20 - What is stoicism?
- 07:40 - Morning Routine Episode
- 08:45 - Relevancy of stoicism to current pandemic situation to stay sane
- 09:15 - Area of control
- 13:30 - Epicurus vs. Stoic Philosophy
- 16:00 - Marcus Arelius & Stoicism
- 19:15 - Thoughts on Epicureanism
- 21:30 - Developing skills, controlling mind, & striving for perfection
- 22:30 - Choice vs. Addiction
- 26:45 - Long term thinking with Stoicism
- 29:25 - Introducing a Stoicism to younger cohorts; importance of long term thinking
- and temptation
- 41:00 - How labeling as “a Stoic” goes against Stoicism
- 42:20 - Why is Stoicism more important now more than ever?
- 44:30 - Favorite resources to further knowledge on Stoicism
- 52:00 - Final thoughts
- The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- A Guide to the Good Life by William B. Irvine
- The Daily Stoic by Ryan Holiday
- The Stoic Challenge by William B. Irvine
- Epictetus Discourses & Manual by Epictetus
- The Essays of Michel de Montaigne
What is The Wholistique Show?
On The Wholistique Show we explore how to reach peak personal and professional performance while living a minimal and balanced life.
No topic about the human body, brain, or the pursuit of achieving your best life is off-limits.The core focus of the show is empower you to make proactive choices about health, by providing holistic information and alternative viewpoints to mainstream thinking. With personal stories as well as conversations with wellness practitioners and experts who have unique or research-based perspectives on mental health and physical well-being.
We look forward to inspire and empower you to unleash your best, most authentic self.