In this penultimate episode of season one, I speak with the fantastic Thao Tran. Thao is the Knowledge Manager at the international firm Fried Frank. She's based in New York, and is also the Member Liaison for ILTA in NYC.
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW: iTunes // Spotify // Pocket Casts // Stitcher
- Thao's journey into knowledge management driven by work-life balance, and a nudge from a partner → 2.50
- Thinking through the expansion of the KM function from just one practice area to various → 5.00
- Importance of mentorship and sponsorship (and the differences between the two at a law firm) → 6.00
- Why casting a "wider net" when searching for mentors is so importance, and how it helped shape Thao's career → 8.00
- A primer on knowledge management, what does it mean to Thao and to law firms → 16.24
- Being that bridge between lawyers, technology and management → 19.48
- How to discover where the inefficiencies are, and the benefits of starting small → 25.18
- Separating the signal from the noise, and having a genuine desire to learn from each conversation → 31.01
- What's on the horizon for the remainder of 2019 → 36.30
What is Fringe Legal?
Fringe Legal is a podcast discussing the future of the legal profession. Aimed at law firm leaders and influencers, each episode is a thoughtful discussion with a diverse range of voices about ideas impacting the evolution of the legal profession.
Along the way, we’ll learn about challenges to be overcome, what’s worked in the past, and expert tips on what could make a difference in the future.