MEGHAN WHITAKER has built a coaching business and podcast around healthy living, and this week she tells us how she uses in-person opportunities (like conferences and expos) to grow her business in an authentic, personalized way.
- Why Megan is able to build authentic connections in person in a way she couldn’t do online
- The benefits to marketing your business through conferences and expos
- How most people find Megan’s services, and where she finds new customers
- How Megan made the decision to stop blogging and start podcasting (and why your decision might not be the same)
- Why Megan doesn’t put too much stock into website comments (or even social media comments), and what she cares about instead
- How to build intimacy with your people (…but not in a totally intense way. We’re talking about how to chat meaningfully with someone for 30 seconds.)
- Megan claims she’s “not that great at marketing,” but she does share how she’s managed to draw on others’ expertise.
- When you should start worrying about legal stuff for your biz. (But don’t worry, it’s easier to do than you think.) Check out Lisa Fraley for more info.
- Why you should create a cringe-worthy first podcast episode (or blog post or YouTube video).
- “Your business is not a statue.” It’s ok to change your mind. More on this awesome quote from Dave Jackson.
GUEST SPOTLIGHT: Megan Whitaker
She’s an avid rock climber, reader and tea drinker. She lives in Nashville with her husband, 2 little girls and 3 chickens.
What is Figuring It Out?
Join host Melissa Guller each week as she interviews millennial women who run successful online businesses, blogs, and podcasts. We talk about how they got started, the challenges they've overcome, and how they earned their first dollar, plus our guests share expertise on choosing a topic, content marketing, building an audience, and more.