I really enjoyed talking to Stephan. He has such an interesting and diverse background having been an investment banker, an entrepreneur, a CEO, past Chairman of European Venture Finance Network, advisor to various organizations Said Business School to now being a VC. We covered a lot of topics including how VCs in Europe can identify the next Airbnb or Uber in Europe to what entrepreneurs have to have before looking for seed or Series A funding.
If you like this podcast - please leave a review and follow me on Linkedin, Twitter, or Instagram (handles are listed below)
- [1:28] - Which of the various roles you have had - consultant, entrepreneur, board member, CEO, investor, and now VC - have you enjoyed the most, and why?
- [4:14] - What is “Indico powered by Google Startups” initiative?
- [9:10] - How can European VCs get better at identifying the next big Airbnb or Uber in Europe?
- [14:50] What is the Portuguese startup scene like? Where are the opportunities in Portugal?
- [17:54] - What are some of the areas of opportunity Indico Capital is focusing on?
- [21:35] - How can Europe make its startup ecosystem better? What is still missing to produce more successful startups out of Europe?
- [29:30] - What do entrepreneurs need to have before they look for seed or Series A funding from your point of view
- [35:18] - What are the top 5 lessons or advice you would have for entrepreneurs?
What is The European Startup Show?
To inspire technology entrepreneurs in Europe with stories and practical strategies from other successful entrepreneurs.
If you are a CEO, founder, or work in sales or marketing, and your company is based in Europe or is looking to expand into Europe, then this podcast is for you.