A conversation with Avi Meir, co-founder and CEO of TravelPerk, on culture, ambition and thriving in the middle of a global pandemic.
Avi's story is fascinating: after doing an MBA in Barcelona he started Hotel Ninja – a hotel management software company – that he then sold to Booking.com.
In 2015, less than a year after his first exit, Avi co-founded TravelPerk and has been on an absolute roll since then. TravelPerk has raised over $130 million in six funding rounds from investors like Spark, Felix Capital, Heartcore and Target Global and is one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in Europe.
Avi is an extremely insightful and entertaining guest, so this episode is full of fun tidbits, random rabbit holes and tactical advice for founders. We cover absolutely everything:
- Why Avi started TravelPerk only 10 months after selling his first company,
- His thoughts on ‘work-life balance’ and ambition,
- How TravelPerk dealt with COVID-19,
- Doing their first acquisition in the middle of a pandemic,
- The importance of family,
- The value of reading and journaling,
What is The Seedtable Podcast?
Welcome to the Seedtable podcast, where we try to make sense of what's going on in European technology by having fascinating conversations with European founders, investors and operators.