Founded by mother and daughter team, Loral and Eishel Quinn, Loral, CEO, was head of digital marketing and strategy for Aberdeen Asset Management, where she set up the global digital team and helped scale the business from 6 to 30 countries in 10 years. Eishel, Chief Product Officer, has a background in ethical retail, working with Neal’s Yard Remedies. Eishel was recently named one of Digital Leaders top 10 Young Digital Leaders. In this episode I talk to the mother daughter duo to learn more about their journey from an idea on post its to being Richard Branson’ startup of the year (2019) and a top 10 Virgin Startup.
- [0:58] - Intro and journey to starting Sustainbly.
- [6:15] - What does Sustainbly do?
- [8:34] - What changes have you seen in the donation patterns since the pandemic hit?
- [10:11] - How are charities leveraging digital to fundraise? Is your platform really making an impact to their bottom line?
- [12:19] - Why have you build Sustainbly as a for-profit rather than a non-profit company?
- [14:37] - What are some concerns consumers have in using such apps and how are you addressing that?
- [16:21] - How did you get help and resources from Virgin Startup, We Work, Founders Factory etc?
- [19:36] - What advice would you give to entrepreneurs on how to stretch their money in the early months?
- [22:31] - How do you work with a family member and what advice would you give others who are in the same situation?
- [25:56] - What did you do when funding was tight?
- [27:58] - What were some of the successful strategies you used to get funding?
What is The European Startup Show?
To inspire technology entrepreneurs in Europe with stories and practical strategies from other successful entrepreneurs.
If you are a CEO, founder, or work in sales or marketing, and your company is based in Europe or is looking to expand into Europe, then this podcast is for you.