About this episode: This week we have Sam Parr, the founder of The Hustle, a massively successful newsletter with over 1 million subscribers. In this episode, we're diving deep on The Hustle's main growth channels, how The Hustle got its first 150k subscribers, how Sam would grow a newsletter to 1 million subscribers today, optimizing the overlooked parts of your newsletter, and so much more.
- Sam Parr's main growth channel was blogging and making it viral. Putting out viral and controversial topics with click-worth headlines lead to millions of page views. Naturally a small percentage of those visitors subscribed to The Hustle.
- After you've reached 100k+ subscribers paid marketing will be one of the main growth channels for your newsletter.
- Finding profitable acquisition channels for your newsletter is the key to massive newsletter growth. To do this, you'll need every metric you can get. Subscriber acquisition cost, landing page conversions, subscriber lifetime value, etc.
- You don't need to be an SEO master to create a popular massive newsletter. All you need to do is get as many people to your landing page as possible. That could be through anything!
- If you're going to post a blog on Reddit or any community, you must provide value first before plugging in your newsletter. Even then there will be times where it will backfire and get you banned. That's the nature of some of these online communities.
- More show notes here
What is Newsletter Crew?
A podcast focused on helping you become a more successful newsletter creator. Every week we interview a newsletter creator and dive deep into their newsletter based business to extract actionable insights for our very own newsletters.