TJ and his business partner, Peter, run Healthy Chew, an online weekly meal prep service and social media marketing has been integral to their success. Listen to TJ describe a business idea to gradually take digital marketing off a business owner’s plate.
- Learn why a business might pay you hundreds of dollars a month to do something they are already doing well themselves.
- Learn how to frame a sales offer so that it takes tasks off your client's plate instead of adding more.
- Learn how to land clients in a unique way that avoids SPAM and lets your personality shine.
- Pick a niche. We’ve focused on web-based food businesses in this episode but the principles discussed can be applied in any number of other industries.
- Find a few potential clients that you could help with an introductory marketing task, like taking over their social media marketing. You might meet them at a local business networking event.
- Offer a basic review of their social media strategy for free. Make some suggestions they could implement themselves. But also be ready to handle these tasks if they want to offload the responsibility.
- Offer a low introductory rate of a few hundred dollars a month. Perform at a high level so that they will want to continue and recommend you to others.
- Create a “map” of services you offer, and that you could take them through step-by-step so that they know your relationship can grow to take on other marketing responsibilities.
- Check off the tasks you can cover month-by-month or week-by-week as the relationship grows. e.g. website, marketing photos, product photos, client education, any other branding and styling the company needs and wants, etc.
- To approach a business like TJ’s you might review their social media, find out that they regularly post photos of food with calorie counts and macronutrients, and then offer to take over this process.
What is Run With It - Business Ideas from Successful Entrepreneurs?
Successful CEOs have plenty of new business ideas. Aspiring entrepreneurs are in need of them. Run With It bridges this gap, bringing you business ideas and action steps from established entrepreneurs. Follow through and you can earn a free mentoring session with our guest, and potentially, a new business partnership.