Junior to Senior with David Guttman
Nick and David talk about interview preparation, putting yourself in the user's shoes, and culture fit
- Putting yourself in the user's shoes
- Doing your work and asking questions
- Interview preparation
- Culture fit
- “We don't want somebody that is just a doer without asking questions.” - ND
- “I want people to always be wanting to improve themselves and challenge themselves.” - ND
- “Be willing to...say, "I think this can be done better", but you don't want to dig in so hard that it becomes negative energy.” - ND
- “If I'm looking at developer candidates...I'm looking for…do they care about what we're doing? Are they interested in the work.’” - ND
- “[preparing for interviews] Do a deep dive on this company and understand what they're about.” - ND
- “Even if they might not have a job posting...reach out and say…”I would love to talk.” - ND
- “If you've spent the time to care about the company, there's more conversation [in an interview].” - ND
Nick’s Company Site:
What is Junior to Senior with David Guttman?
A weekly show for ambitious devs who want to take their career to the next level.