Host Calvin Zito is joined by industry expert Frederic Van Haren, CTO and founder of HighFens to help define artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and deep learning (DL). This is a great episode to go deeper and better understand the topic. Frederic is an expert in high-performance computing (HPC) and artificial intelligence (AI).
In this episode, they discussed:
- 00:00-03:55 Introduction
- 03:55-09:00 What is AI?
- 09:00-13:30 What is training vs inference for AI?
- 13:30-20:25 What is the difference between AI, machine learning (ML), and deep learning (DL)? Give some examples of when we would use ML vs DL?
- 20:25-22:45 Is accuracy of a model important?
- 22:45-26:25 Predict what you see the future holds for AI and models.
- 26:25-30:00 What do you do in bringing AI solutions to customers?
- 30:00-34:00 Talk about the “edge” – seems that AI has lead to the edge being so important to processing on the edge.
- 34:00-35:30 Wrap-up
What is Around the IT Block?
You’ve read the blogs, watched the videos, now subscribe to the podcast as Calvin has subject matter experts join him to talk about the latest technologies and services to deliver on our edge-to-cloud Platform-as-a -Service strategy.