In this episode we talk with Manton Reece about his experience developing micro.blog for multiple Apple platforms as well as building his audience, monetization, other aspects of building an app.
- Specialize in helping businesses build apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch
- 10 years of experience developing for a variety of Apple platform
- Helping dev shops which lack experience with Apple platforms and Swift
- Do you have a product or service which can target our ever growing community of developers as well as technology and business leaders?
- Self-Hosted and Indie Web Focus
- Dealing with Twitter Issues
- Community Issues
Marketing to an Audience
- Reach Out and Let People Know
- Starting a Mailing List and Blog to Reach Out
- Slow Growth Allows For Intermittent Improves Based On Audience Feedback
- Maintaining Engagement
- Using Automation with Mailchimp and other Mailing Lists
- Using Kickstarter for Funding a New Project
- Finding the right niche or niches
- Providing value outside of comparing yourself
Developing for Multiple Apple Platform
- Hosting through Linode using Sinatra + Ruby
- How Micro.blog works behind the scenes
- Having a Public API and Dealing with Third-Party APIs
- Adopting standards
- Dealing with Multiple Different UIs
- Building Frameworks for other Developers
- Differences between developing for the Mac vs. iPhone
- Catalyst vs SwiftUI on the Mac
- Constantly Releasing Updates
Apple September Event
- What the new iPhone might mean for developers?
- Maturity of the iPhone
- Emphasis on Photography with third lens
- Independence of the Watch App
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.