Psychologist and researcher Yvonne Barnes-Holmes joins Nick to discuss the role of language in mental health and human suffering, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and the state of psychotherapy in the 21st century.
- The power of language for mental health and suffering
- Thought-Identity Fusion
- Learning histories and narrative habits
- Reading and social perspective-taking
- The Cat in the Hat
- False belief
- Does reading novels lead to psychological flexibility?
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Meta-Cognitive Therapy (MCT)
- Relational Frame Theory (RFT)
- Functional Analysis
- Cognitive Revolution
- B.F. Skinner
You can learn more about Yvonne and her work here:
Get the latest Minds&Mics episodes as soon as they're released
If you enjoyed this episode of Minds&Mics and want to get notified whenever new episodes are released, you can join Nick's free weekly newsletter here →
What is Minds and Mics?
Psychologist Nick Wignall interviews experts in the fields of psychology, mental health, and human potential to better understand how the mind works and how we can make it work for us to improve our lives in practical, meaningful ways.