Join Zevon and guest Jerry Paulley as they discuss Jerry's paranormal childhood, and the the haunted upbringing that eventually inspired Hillbilly Horror Stories. Next we move on to a wild bonus story from last week's town in, "The Legend of Linden's Laundry," OR, "Forbidden Love: Fraulein Cinderella Fingered by Feds."
Show notes: (all timestamps are approximate)
- Intro (00:00-01:17)
- A Paranormal Parent and a Poltergeist: Jerry Paulley's haunted boyhood (01:17-05:15)
- Jerry reveals the genesis of the name, "Hillbilly Horror Stories," and whether he considers himself a Hillbilly (05:15-6:43)
- Story Frame for The Legend of Linden's Laundry (6:43-7:30)
- History of the The Lebec Hotel (7:30-8:06)
- The Legend of Linden's Laundry (8:06-21:52)
- Outro (21:52-22:53)
Follow us on Twitter or Instagram.
Kinda Murdery is a production of Criminal Content
Created, Researched, and Hosted by Zevon Odelberg
Produced by Adam Volerich, Shawn Christensen, Gabriel Mason, and Brenden "Bear" Hubbard
This episode was edited, mixed, and sound designed by Kiribie Seis
Our music is by Darren Morze
ID’s read by Fatima Ptacek
If you'd like to advertise with us or sponsor us, please e-mail Brenden@TheSyndicateInc.com
What is Kinda Murdery?
When we think of the drive from LA to Vegas, we picture warm summer nights and the glitter of Sin City. But, daylight reveals a scorched wasteland of meth-labs, graffiti and long-abandoned towns.
Join host Zevon Odelberg and Special Guests on a darkly-comic journey through sometimes bizarre, and often hilarious, true-crime tales of robbery, murder and mayhem. These are the Ghost Towns of the Mojave Desert. This is Kinda Murdery.