Junior to Senior with David Guttman
David and Gregor discuss building and maintaining open-source software, how to be a valuable asset to your team, and growing through communication.
- Making users and developers life's easier
- Being a valuable asset to your manager and team
- Growth through communication
- You are entitled to mentorship
- "I would say you are entitled to mentoring." - GM
- "You [Junior dev] have a unique perspective that I lost a long time ago" - GM
- "It's an easy sell. If you say I can automate this with two hours of work." - GM
- "Writing skills are so important besides the coding aspect itself." - GM
- "Maybe you're out of university or boot camp or a career change, you still have to great perspective." - GM
- "When you do any kind of interview, a question I would definitely ask is, what is your mentorship program?" - GM
- "When you look over the shoulder of a more experienced developer, you will have so many points where you will be like...how did you do that?" - GM
What is Junior to Senior with David Guttman?
A weekly show for ambitious devs who want to take their career to the next level.