This week, Swaroop Jagadish, co-founder of Acryl Data, takes us through his journey from quitting his day job as an engineer to founding his first startup company alongside Shirshanka Das. Swaroop also shares his insights on Acryl Data’s business model and the advantages and challenges of building an open source project-based company. Tune in for more on Swaroop and Acryl Data in this episode of Cloud Native Startup.
- How Swaroop created Acryl Data and the story behind the name. (00:42)
- Lessons Swaroop learned on his journey towards becoming a startup founder. (6:52)
- Swaroop reflects on the challenges of building an open source project-based company. (10:31)
- How Acryl Data’s core ethos aligns with LinkedIn (12:49)
- The unique advantages of Acryl Data’s business model. (14:03)
- The scariest part of the startup journey. (16:27)
- Swaroop’s thoughts on approaching the modern data ecosystem. (17:32)
- Acryl Data’s use-cases. (20:12)
- Swaroop’s insights on building an open-source company and generally, as a first-time founder (27:32)
What is Cloud Native Startup?
Are you an entreprenurial software engineer who wants to learn more about how to go from being a highly accomplished software engineer to starting and growing a company that makes products aimed at engineers in the cloud native ecosystem? This podcast has stories from founders who have made the transition from engineer to startup founder as well as advice from the tech professionals that help founders succeed.