A corporate restructuring gave Dan Chernyk the chance to return to the classroom. Building on the skills he gained as a manager in telecommunications, he decided to focus on studying Human Resources at MacEwan University.
We talk about...
- Starting a degree in his twenties but then finding that life had other plans that led to a career, a series of promotions and a family
- How a major jolt in the form of a corporate restructuring became the catalyst for Dan to evaluate what he really values and pointed him towards a career in human resources
- Approaching school as a mature student and why spending “adult money” on education means more to him
- Carving out time to focus on studying and learning how much time we actually waste. Scheduling to ensure he can still be present for important family activities
- Modeling being a student for his kids and reading their textbooks together
- The challenges of working in the early days of the cannabis industry while trying to balance being a student
- Finding a sense of completion in coming back to finish an educational journey that he started over a decade ago
What is Back to School Again?
A podcast for mid-life learners.