Today’s guest is Avani Miriyala. Avani is a UX designer, podcaster, and entrepreneur. She helps people create systems so that they can break through the status quo. Avani runs a design consultancy business and shares her knowledge with others through her podcast.
- How mediocrity and the status quo can lead to a less fulfilling life.
- Climbing the corporate ladder and how she realized it wasn’t what she really wanted.
- The fear of the unknown and how she moved through it to pursue her dreams anyway.
- How niching down positions you as a trusted expert and attracts more clients.
- Leaving what you know can be like jumping out of a plane and hoping the parachute opens, but at the end of the day, it’s worth it to figure out what you really want.
- The power to create the life you want is always in your own hands, even though you sometimes feel it’s not.
- When you’re in a transitional period or stuck, talk to other people and learn from their experiences.
- You have to bet on yourself. Others won’t take a chance on you if you don’t take one on yourself.
Important Mentions in this Episode
What is Live In The Feast?
Live In The Feast is a seasonal podcast for developers and designers looking to discover their niche to build recurring revenue. So that they can live the life that they want and ultimately reach the goals of why they started their own business in the first place. Each season will be a theme specific to your business. And each episode features a guest who's been there before and achieved success. You'll get actionable takeaways for you to implement in your business immediately after each show. No fluff, no pie in the sky dreaming, this is real-life examples and takeaways for you.