There are plenty of dive bar open mics for musicians, but is there a better approach? Is it time to implement great technology and raise the bar? Listen to Arthur Revechkis describe a business idea to help foster the development of next-generation talent.
- Learn to think about the wide variety of types of capital.
- Learn the business side of a project that supports creativity.
- Learn about some interesting music and comedy projects.
- Talk to local venues and musicians to better understand how open mics work and what problems you can solve.
- Learn something from existing venues that are streaming entertainment
- Get a national competition together among different bars that already stream their live acts
- Partner with a Restauranteur or a local bar that has a good reputation and good acts.
- Figure out a budget for one production. Talk to an AV expert. (Max will probably be 10-20K rental costs)
- Find a location, create a budget, plan construction, manage costs, do revenue projections
- Have an open call open mic every Monday and Tuesday night and create a tournament with a championship once or twice a year.
- Gather people who have a buzz about them in NYC as Open Mic participants.
- Explore the revenue stream of broadcasting to Youtube.
- Try to connect with Spotify, Redbull or another brand that is already promoting up and coming artists.
- Reach out to potential Partners, like bloggers or A&R reps who look for the next big artist. Maybe even have them pay to be involved
- Reach out to big-name artists and local artists to practice pitch and get people on board.
- Invite bigger artists to join randomly and draw a larger audience.
- Reach out to Arthur to get involved in any way, even if you want to be a host for the events
Arthur Revechkis worked in data modeling for many years. After that, he was a partner in a chain of dental practices which he ran for 10 years and then sold his share of. Since then he’s invested in real estate, fast food restaurants, and is now writing and recording music and hopefully going on tour in the near future.
What is Run With It - Business Ideas from Successful Entrepreneurs?
Successful CEOs have plenty of new business ideas. Aspiring entrepreneurs are in need of them. Run With It bridges this gap, bringing you business ideas and action steps from established entrepreneurs. Follow through and you can earn a free mentoring session with our guest, and potentially, a new business partnership.