What happens when we open up browser APIs like a filesystem? Omar Rizwan joins Henry to chat about his latest project, TabFS! We discuss possible extensions, tinkering with scripts vs being a whole "project", writing it yourself, few dependencies, determining your 1.0, literate documentation, and maintaining a newly popular open source project! (recorded in January) Transcript: https://hopeinsource.com/tabfs.
- [0:00] TabFS or BrowserFS?
- [3:40] Project Boilerplates vs. Toys
- [6:42] Doing It Yourself is More Fun
- [11:25] What is a 1.0?
- [16:05] Getting Help, Literate Documentation
- [20:37] Taking Phrases Seriously
- [25:11] Community Response
What is Hope in Source?
What are the parallels between faith and open source software? Join Nadia Eghbal and Henry Zhu for an off-the-cuff conversation between friends. Check out hopeinsource.com and nadiaeghbal.com/public-faith for the backstory