Justin Gordon (@justingordon212) talks with Andrew Berman (@berman66), Co-Founder and CEO of Vowel, the world's first complete meeting solution designed to make every meeting more inclusive and worthwhile – before, during, and after. Vowel is a collaboration platform that makes meetings searchable, shareable centers of knowledge for your business. By redefining what data capture is capable of, they are optimizing the potential of every team.
Use coupon code: JUSTGOGRIND for 3 months free of unlimited seats on Vowel’s
Pro plan (monthly only)!
- How Vowel is creating instant searchable, shareable knowledge through a modern video conferencing tool
- Andy’s journey to founding Vowel
- How the idea for Vowel stemmed from Nanit’s pain points as a distributed team
- Early distribution and organic growth through Twitter
- How Vowel’s original use-cases have expanded naturally and leaning into user-led product development
- Giving their users a 10x improved media experience through their next generation video platform
- The challenges of building Vowel
- Recruiting the original founding team
- Building remote-first company culture
- The fundraising process and Vowel’s powerful cap table of operator- angel investors
- How to vet investors
- Their B2B growth strategy
- Developing their freemium business model
- How they view competition and taking on legacy brands
- Learnings as a multi-time founder and former VC
- What motivates Andy to challenge the status quo and build innovative companies
- Andy’s thoughts on the future of work and running remote teams
- Snagging the vowel.com domain name
More about us:
Vitalize Venture Capital was formed in 2017 as a $16M seed-stage venture fund and now includes both a fund as well as an angel investing community investing in the future of work. Vitalize has offices in Chicago, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.
The Vitalize Team:
Caroline - https://twitter.com/carolinecasson_
Justin - https://twitter.com/justingordon212
Vitalize Angels, our angel investing community open to everyone:
What is The VITALIZE Podcast: Venture Capital | Startups | Angel Investing?
The VITALIZE Podcast, a show by VITALIZE Venture Capital (a seed-stage venture capital firm and pre-seed angel community open to everyone), dives deep into the world of startup investing and the future of work. Hosted by Justin Gordon, The VITALIZE Podcast features interviews with startup founders, investors, and operators as well experts in the future of work. The Angel Investing series features interviews with a variety of angel investors and VCs around the world while the Future of Work series dives deep into the founders and investors shaping the workplace. Learn more at thevitalizepodcast.com.