This week Mikki gets to chat to Dr Tommy Wood, about brain health, the problem with the food guidelines and his ancestral approach to health and wellbeing. We discuss:
· His journey into Ancestral Health
· Principles of ancestral health
· Where the dietary guidelines get it wrong
· Potential issues around liquid oils (and significance of this for infants)
· Omega 3 importance for brain
· The developing brain and risk of long term harm – what do we know?
· Important things for the ageing and a healthy brain
· Importance of protein for optimal health and ageing
· Is coffee (or other plants) killing you?
· Carnivore movement and glucose response
· Glucose response in general
· Tommy’s diet and training
· Importance of typical habits v being super rigorous
· Supplement recommendations
Save 20% on all NuZest Products with the code MIKKI20 at www.nuzest.co.nz
Curranz supplement: MIKKI saves you 25% at www.curranz.co.nz
What is Mikkipedia?
Mikkipedia is an exploration in all things health, well being, fitness, food and nutrition. I sit down with scientists, doctors, professors, practitioners and people who have a wealth of experience and have a conversation that takes a deep dive into their area of expertise. I love translating science into a language that people understand, so while some of the conversations will be pretty in-depth, you will come away with some practical tips that can be instigated into your everyday life. I hope you enjoy the show!