In this episode, Benjamin and Matthew talk with Jordi Boggiano about logging in production applications as well as logging best practices. We also talk about logging formats, filtering log messages, Monolog and loads more!
- How to get started with logging
- How to integrate logging into an existing application
- Options for parsing log files once they're available
- How many log lines to use per request
- How to create meaningful log records
- Jordi's logging best practices
- Some privacy points to be aware of in the context of the GDPR, CalOPPA, HIPPA, etc.
- Plus loads load more!
- Tideways Blog: Four Logging Best Practices for Production Applications
- Global Privacy Laws Explained
- Private Packagist
- Treeware License
What is The Undercover ElePHPant?
The Undercover ElePHPant is a podcast about scaling and optimizing your PHP applications. Each week, Benjamin Eberlei and Matthew Setter sit down with an expert from the PHP community to discuss a specific aspect of highly performant PHP applications.