On this episode of the podcast, I spoke with Marc and Angel Chernoff. Marc and Angel are the authors of the new book Getting Back To Happy: Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Reality and Turn Your Trials Into Triumphs. We spoke about happiness, overcoming adversity and the role rituals play in our happiness.
- We are what we do on a daily basis
- The importance of rituals as a way to move forward
- Why rituals are a solid foundation for mindfulness and other tools
- How Marc and Angel work together
- The power of self-inquiry by journaling on the most stressful experiences
- Our thoughts and the way we think are the stories we tell ourselves
- 98% of the time, the problem is not the problem, it is something deeper
- Recording your thoughts, then reviewing them to bring awareness
- Whatever you're seeing is an interpretation of what you're thinking
- Ways to have lasting benefits such as visual reminders and accountability
- Accountability using your own questions and having someone read them to you
- Marc and Angel's Blog
- Getting Back to Happy: Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Reality, and Turn Your Trials into Triumphs
- 6 Tiny Daily Rituals that Will Change Your Life
What is The Productivityist Podcast: A Time Management and Personal Productivity Talk Show?
Hosted by productivity strategist Mike Vardy, The Productivityist Podcast is a weekly show that discusses tips, tools, tactics, and tricks that are designed to help you take your productivity, time management, goals, to do lists, habits, and workflow to new heights - both at work and at home. If you're looking to focus your efforts on getting the right things done and start living the good life, then this weekly conversational podcast – crafted in the tradition of Slate's Working, Back to Work, and HBR IdeaCast – is for you.