Whether you’re single, dating, in a serious relationship, divorced, or have been married for years, you’re probably familiar with the judgment and stigmas surrounding dating and one’s relationship status in our society.
For this episode we’ve invited our good friend Allison Melody on the mic to help us chat about relationships from a different perspective: that of a single woman who knows what she wants, and is not afraid to ask for it.
- What Alli has learned from her life experiences, like going through a divorce, and what she has learned by allowing herself to be single
- The fear of being alone, loneliness, and the fear of judgment when it comes to relationships (or being single)
- Finding support through being open and vulnerable about what you’re going through
- What you put up with is what you end up with
- Establish your boundaries and values and don’t be afraid to state those and stand by them - in every area of your life
- How do we know when it’s time to move on?
- Alli describes two terms used a lot in the dating world: gaslighting and love-bombing
- The 5 Love Languages - which one is your love language?
- Ingrid Bergman in the movie Gaslight (1944)
- Dirty John series on Netflix
- The 5 Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman
- Food Heals Podcast and website
- Follow Alli on Instagram
- Lifeline on 13 11 14 (Australia)
- Beyond Blue on 1300 22 46 36 (Australia)
- Headspace on 1 800 650 890 (USA)
- BetterHelp (USA)
What is Nicole & Kate Can Relate?
We're Nicole & Kate! Friends, confidants, accountability partners, and we’ve been supporting each other over the years sharing our ups and our downs and hashing out the big questions of life - do we want kids? Can we have it all? How do we stay healthy and keep our businesses running smoothly without major stress and overwhelm? We talk things out ‘cause that’s what real friends do - they provide love, support, and space for one another to share without judgement, speak without hesitation, and learn from each other - even when we don’t agree.