Edmonton City Council is determined to ensure that Accidental Beach remains an accident while making clear that large towers south of Whyte Ave were not an accident. They were always supposed to be there. The plan says so, see? Meanwhile at Blatchford where residential construction is about to start, Hangar 11 fears he will meet the same fate as his ten younger brothers.
- Accidental Beach won't become permanent urban attraction, councillors decide
- Louise McKinney Riverfront Park Urban Beach
- Council Report on urban beaches
- Edmonton's new plan for Whyte Avenue aims to balance history with progress
- Council votes down bid by Old Strathcona developer
- Council Report on planWhyte
- Hangar 11 to live another day: Committee votes to keep building, study reuse
- Council Report on Hangar 11
What is Speaking Municipally?
Taproot Edmonton presents a weekly discussion on key stories in municipal politics. We pay attention to City Council so you don't have to! Join us as we delve into conversations about the context surrounding decisions made at City Hall.