Ryan Tucker, CEO of G2V Optics, talks about his company's unexpected opportunities in aerospace, and how researchers and satellite-builders have turned out to be a better market for the company's "engineered sunlight" than indoor farmers, at least for now. Plus Karen Unland and Faaiza Ramji discuss recent moves in Edmonton's innovation ecosystem.
- G2V Optics
- Ryan Tucker
- G2V Optics soars on aerospace opportunities
- Gartner Hype Cycle
- Our episode with Wild + Pine: How to grow a climate change solution
- From May 2021: G2V Optics raises $2.6M in growth capital
- Work Nicer to take over Startup Edmonton space in Mercer Warehouse
- Edmonton Regional Innovation Network (ERIN) annual report
- Taproot's 2019 story about ERIN: Edmonton denied $4.2M in tech innovation funding
- Edmonton Regional Innovation Network receives $4.9M to support local entrepreneurship
What is Bloom: The podcast about innovation in Edmonton?
Bloom is a podcast about innovation in Edmonton. Learn about the opportunities available in the Edmonton region and hear from local innovators tackling some of the world's biggest challenges. Hosted by Faaiza Ramji and Karen Unland. New episodes are published every Thursday.