Networking is an invaluable skill that opens up many opportunities for any entrepreneur. But for those who are more introverted, it can be tough to interact with others, let alone foster strong connections with them.
- His career trajectory and podcasting journey
- Networking and getting opportunities through relationships
- Making use of connections to exchange knowledge and value on different sets of expertise
- His advice to make connecting and starting conversations easier for introverts
- The many opportunities that can come from using LinkedIn to stay connected to people you used to work with
- His thoughts on what the next trends will be for self-marketing and personal branding
- The power of connecting with people who have complementary skills so you can keep learning
- Staying on people’s top-of-mind by creating content and adding value where you can
- Prioritizing which platform you spend your time on depending on which one gives you the most opportunities and business; in his case, LinkedIn
- The simple but very effective trick of commenting and adding value on other people’s posts that gets you recognized and opens up opportunities
- His affirmations that he likes to recite every morning to align himself to his goals
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.
What is Brand Design Masters Podcast?
The Brand Design Masters Podcast with Philip VanDusen is dedicated to helping you build the skills you need to design bullet-proof brands - for yourself, your business and for the clients and customers you serve.
In every episode, Philip, his co-hosts and interview guests will share inspiration, ideas, trends and techniques that will lift you to greater heights as a creative professional or entrepreneur - so you can build a successful creative practice, business and personal brand in the Creative Economy.