In this episode, Leo talks with Peter Witham of the CompileSwift podcast about managing iOS development teams and dealing with new technologies.
- Specialize in helping businesses build apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch
- 10 years of experience developing for a variety of Apple platform
- Helping dev shops which lack experience with Apple platforms and Swift
- Do you have a product or service which can target our ever growing community of developers as well as technology and business leaders?
- Should Apple keep releasing on a yearly cycle?
- Rough 2019 Release with iOS and macOS
- How iOS 13 is the first significant release since iOS 7
iPad vs MacBook
- Improvements to iPadOS 13
- What's missing from the iPad for pro-use?
- Canopy by Studio Neat
Dealing with App Store and Teams
- Certificates and Profiles
- Working with Source Control
- Agreeing on Xcode Version
Is Swift UI Ready For New Projects?
- Depends on Audience and User Base
- Lack of Documentation
- Dealing with New Technical Hurdles
- Big Improvement over UIKit
- How to deal with UI Development right now?
Changes Over The Years for Teams
- Better Handling of Remote Teams
- Xcode Improvements
- How Apple's culture affects the developer experience?
- How to Deal with Decisions as Team Lead
- Dealing with Third-Party Dependencies
- Source Control Improvements
- Using Gitolite for Local Hosted Git
- Introducing New Technologies With Tomorrow in Mind
- Realizing the Soft in Software
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.