Mandy Snell talks about how she started a coaching practice that felt "like her," and how her project management experience sets her apart.
- What are the differences between coaching and consulting?
- The problem with taking tons of free courses (hint: you need to take action!)
- How Mandy set up her business as part of a business coaching franchise, along with the actions she took to make sure her site and business were still personalized and felt like her
- The advantages to using a franchise to start your coaching business (as well as the disadvantages and how to make sure a specific franchise is the right fit for you).
- The specific strategy Mandy used to overcome imposter syndrome
An exercise Mandy recommends to take a look at the women who inspire you and what you can learn from the trends you find.
- Mandy recommends The Coaching Habit by Michael Bungay Stanier to become a better coach, listeners, and networker
- How Sheryl Sandberg’s books have had an influence on Mandy
GUEST SPOTLIGHT: Mandy Snell
CONNECT WITH MANDY
What is Figuring It Out?
Join host Melissa Guller each week as she interviews millennial women who run successful online businesses, blogs, and podcasts. We talk about how they got started, the challenges they've overcome, and how they earned their first dollar, plus our guests share expertise on choosing a topic, content marketing, building an audience, and more.