Longform episode! Digging into the music charts Gender Gap with data scientist Josh Hayes.....chartmetric.com @chartmetric #musicindustry #business #data #nerdout #analysis
- Digging into the music charts Gender Gap with data scientist Joshua Hayes
- Good morning, it’s Jason here at Chartmetric with your 3-minute Data Dump where we usually upload charts, artists and playlists into your brain so you can stay up on the latest in the music data world.
- This is your Data Dump for Friday April 19th 2019.
- Gender Gap article
- Today, we’re going to do something a little more in-depth.
- A few days ago, Chartmetric released a blog article about the gender gap in the music charts, to include Billboard, Spotify and Apple Music charts and also across country boundaries and genres.
- Check it out, article link is the show notes.
- But first, let me introduce the author of the piece, data scientist and newest team member of Chartmetric, Josh Hayes.
- Josh is a Data Science Doctoral Fellow, Sociology PhD from UC Davis with additional degrees at Stanford and Michigan State, and is neck deep in data science projects.
- Gist of the article
- The converging of Spotify, Apple Music and Billboard
- Chartmetric Score - connection to revenue
- Super high/low female track, baseline male track dynamic
- Post-Grande era
- All Genres
What is How Music Charts?
Welcome to How Music Charts, where we bring you interviews and analysis from music industry professionals bridging data and creativity in the music business every day. Feel free to email us ([email protected]), say hi on our socials (@chartmetric), and dive deeper into music and data on our blog (blog.chartmetric.com). Free accounts are available at chartmetric.com!