Longform episode! Digging into the music charts Gender Gap with data scientist Josh Hayes.....chartmetric.com @chartmetric #musicindustry #business #data #nerdout #analysis
- Digging into the music charts Gender Gap with data scientist Joshua Hayes
- Good morning, it’s Jason here at Chartmetric with your 3-minute Data Dump where we usually upload charts, artists and playlists into your brain so you can stay up on the latest in the music data world.
- This is your Data Dump for Friday April 19th 2019.
- Gender Gap article
- Today, we’re going to do something a little more in-depth.
- A few days ago, Chartmetric released a blog article about the gender gap in the music charts, to include Billboard, Spotify and Apple Music charts and also across country boundaries and genres.
- Check it out, article link is the show notes.
- But first, let me introduce the author of the piece, data scientist and newest team member of Chartmetric, Josh Hayes.
- Josh is a Data Science Doctoral Fellow, Sociology PhD from UC Davis with additional degrees at Stanford and Michigan State, and is neck deep in data science projects.
- Gist of the article
- The converging of Spotify, Apple Music and Billboard
- Chartmetric Score - connection to revenue
- Super high/low female track, baseline male track dynamic
- Post-Grande era
- All Genres
What is How Music Charts?
How Music Charts is the second season of Chartmetric's music industry + data podcast!
Season 1: "Your Music Data Dump" was 107 episodes of 3-minute, current event-focused episodes involving music data.
Season 2: "How Music Charts" is long-form & interview-driven with music industry guests focused on music & data today.
Email us at email@example.com
Chartmetric is on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram (@chartmetric)
Free accounts are available at chartmetric.com
Article links and show notes are at: podcast.chartmetric.com
#entertainmentindustry #musicbusiness #musicindustry #data