TheDuke: Holy mackerel. We are back from Knowledge 23. What would you say, Corey? Barely, I'm barely back from Knowledge 23,
CJ: Man, I have a Knowledge 23 Hangover Duke, like I am.
TheDuke: I'm not even sure I'm at the hangover stage yet. I'm still high, like I'm, I'm shredding the hangover
CJ: I, I miss it. Like it, it was just such a great experience. And for me especially, right? Like, I mean, I know a lot of listeners, if you were knowledge, you probably saw my face all over the place, but you know,
TheDuke: the place. It was awesome.
CJ: But it, but it is also like coming back from the pandemic. Get everybody from around planet in one place, talking service now, like it, it is , such a tremendous amount of passion and electricity in the air.
TheDuke: So much energy, it is always been an energetic event, but you could have 10 more knowledges and not capture that energy, I think.
CJ: Yeah, yeah, absolutely. it was definitely my favorite of all of those that I've attended. And I started back in 2013, so this was like my 10th anniversary of knowledge and I, we'll just go ahead and include the digital ones too and say that this is like my 10th knowledge and it was just like the best of all of 'em.
TheDuke: Speaking of everybody, we have a very special guest today.
CJ: And speaking of global,
TheDuke: Yeah. so love to, welcome to the show, mark Rudolph.
Mark: thank you. Good to be here.
TheDuke: it's our second time around. Did I pronounce the last name right?
Mark: Yeah, absolutely. No worries. spot on.
TheDuke: So Mark, was that knowledge too? What did you think, mark?
Mark: Oh, let's, uh, it was a lot. obviously there's Las Vegas and there's the conference both really interesting. Uh, cause I, I, I, uh, I didn't visit Las Vegas before, so it was my first time in, Las Vegas. I had good fun, Saw a lot of new things, new impressions, met a lot of people, walked a lot of miles. So, uh, the, the, the, the, the comfy shoes, things that everyone is mentioning, definitely do. So, Yeah. And also a bit of a hangover. I really had to recover on, on Sunday and Monday, but now, almost a week later, I'm already like, well, we could do this again next month. Um,
TheDuke: If only worked that way. Wow.
CJ: right.
Mark: it, it was, uh, it was a really good experience and obviously, , knowledge being global again. lot of people. I think si about 16,000 people, I guess. yeah. And good, good sessions. , so yeah, I thought the level , was pretty, pretty well,
CJ: You,
Mark: yeah. Really nice.
CJ: you said it was your first time in Vegas. Right? and that just made me think about that, for first timers to Vegas and coming to knowledge. Like I almost feel like you need to get there a couple days early, right? I feel like knowledge kicks off. Like, well I know pre-con kicks off on like Sunday or something, but knowledge kicks off in earnest typically like that Tuesday, I almost feel like you need to get in on Saturday and just explore and have the Vegas experience, right? So by the time knowledge kicks off, you're not. Vegas scene two, right? Like you're, you've, you've experienced it, you're good with it, and now you can kind of focus a little bit more on knowledge than the city that never sleeps, right? Because it doesn't sleep.
Mark: Yeah, that's, definitely so. And actually, uh, um, uh, I also arrived on on Saturday and I left, the Saturday after. So I did, uh, indeed at a, at a few days exon. That was really well, that also contributed to the extra miles, or I don't know exactly in mouses, but like in kilometers, , I walked about 116 kilometers. so that was a lot where we even attempted to walk. from the new strip to the old strip. But that was a bit much, and especially being, uh, being so hot, uh, outside, while we were there because it was a really good temperature. But Getting a few days, uh, earlier in seeing Las Vegas and yeah, a lot of impressions of course, but, really interesting. definitely a good thing to go, uh, a few days earlier to adapt if you need to, but also to, to be able to, to see a lot of, uh, Things. And also because everything is so big already in the convention center itself to just know your way little bit around, uh, the, the script. Uh, so yeah, just a good thing.
TheDuke: Speaking of interesting. and like everybody's talked about the energy level, but what, what did you think was the biggest, technical spectacle of knowledge? What, what were you most impressed by? Technically, I.
Mark: maybe two things. first, how well the organization was because how big everything is and how smooth, , everything seemed to be for us as visitors. So that was, a huge compliment to serve now. I'm just looking at. All the information and knowledge, obviously, gen ai, is a subject which pops in mind immediately and, and is, yeah, is announced. really big and obviously some amazing demos on it. Obviously they were demos, so let's see. But, um, gen ai, generative a, uh, ai, does really pop out, right? that was the biggest thing.
TheDuke: maybe we could take a few minutes and talk about. Use cases we can all imagine for Gen ai.
CJ: Oh, I think that's a great idea.
TheDuke: I'm gonna steal some from the show. Like I, I had the blessing and opportunity to be a judge in the hackathon this year,
CJ: Oh, nice.
TheDuke: there's a couple cool use cases. one of them was basically taking all the stories and stuff from a sprint and basically summarizing them all into like one release note sheet, which I thought was pretty cool.
CJ: Wait, wait, wait. Say that again?
TheDuke: basically you would take a application or something with a lot of stories linked to it for a given sprint, and then Gen AI would basically rip through it and then make a summary of what was in plain English of what was gonna be deployed.
CJ: Yeah, that's what I thought you said. It was funny because I'm actually using chat g p t for that right now.
TheDuke: Nice.
CJ: So that's, pretty cool. All right. What else you gotta do?
TheDuke: another team, it was actually the team that won the application engine studio, , category. But they had some part of the city planning would do marketing for an event, and instead of hiring a marketing firm or whatever, it It was a really simple workflow like, Hey, market this event, here's the topic, here's the date and the location, and it would go out to chat, g p t and chat. G p T would make you the copy for a flyer.
CJ: Yeah. That's awesome. That that's
TheDuke: thinking, so basically like anything that involves at least a draft of writing something is on the docket for chat. G P T.
CJ: Yeah. And you know, that one's a bit near to my heart Being an elected official in a village, right? Like that's something I can very easily imagine us, utilizing here.
TheDuke: what about you, mark? You see anything on the horizon for that?
Mark: Well, I think like what you're saying, like, that certain documentation or whatever is being, created already and that you got the first draft. So that could be really helpful. but yeah, also the geni, what, what they show that knowledge that code is being generated, that flows are being generated for you. Uh, based on limited input or I was at one session and that was about, generating ATF tests for you.
CJ: Ooh.
Mark: and okay. They speeded up the demo a bit. They also said so because, also took, uh, several minutes, but with a push on the button, they could actually generate hundreds of ATF tests based on. How instant management was set up on that instance, but also they can account what customizations you did or if you had some custom fields or, they even mentioned they could do that in theory on custom applications and whatever. So that would really be interesting. so yeah, there was a huge use cases. I do think it's. the base setup. It's the, the first several percentage of, of things that's being generated for you. And then you still have to do a lot of things yourself. But I do think, yeah, that it will speed up the consultants a lot and that you can do probably way more in the same amount of time. yeah.
CJ: So you just said something that's really, interesting to me. Mark, you, you mentioned how that it's the base setup and then you'll still have to do like some configuration on top of it. I think that's very important to note, for a couple different reasons. But for the main reason is that I think most people, and I know I'm one of those people, find. Editing something that exists a little easier than starting from scratch, right? So often when I'm writing something like say I'm writing my newsletter or when I was running the campaign writing some political copy or I. Just thinking about like an application, right? Or a business rule. It's a lot easier if I start with something that's already there and then start to modify it. Now the end result might be something completely new, right? But , just having that, thing to kind of look at and, and gain inspiration from, I think really does help a lot of folks get started.
TheDuke: and on that point, I can't tell you even before I really knew what generative AI was and. Long before chat, G P T I longed for a little co-pilot
CJ: Right.
TheDuke: you guys remember Star Trek? I'm assuming everybody heres a, a lot of our listeners might be too young for like the next generation Star Trek where they just walk up to the replicated, like computer tea, hot and it, it was
CJ: no. Hold on. Hold T. Oh, gray hot. Let's get it right.
TheDuke: right. I'm sorry. Yeah. Negative four Star Trek fan points. Okay. But like, have you ever been in neck deep in a script and you've got some kind of sample record that you wanna run through with it, and so you're basically like going back to your main tab. So that you can open, say the user's table in another tab so you can find a user so you can copy their CIS id. So you can go back to the script where you're gonna use that CIS ID to go get the user and have the script do its thing. And it's just like, wouldn't you love to just tell the thing go get me the CIS ID for Robert Fedor, user record.
CJ: Yeah.
TheDuke: know what I mean? And
CJ: Oh my God,
TheDuke: almost like a virtual agent, right? So you have your code thing up and running, but I don't wanna like, I don't wanna open the interface so I can freaking navigate.
CJ: dude.
Mark: Yeah.
TheDuke: just like, go get me the cis idea of Rob from this table. Do it.
CJ: man, that's amazing. So when you think about it, right, like you said, VAR var user to like a generative AI prompt that which is get me five demo users in, you know what I mean? And it's.
TheDuke: or even like a virtual agent. Just call him Fido to go fetch, right? Fido, Go fetch me this and it's just like a virtual agent sits maybe in its own tab or whatever, and then I can just take whatever it gives back to me. I'm sure I want the generative AI in the code interface unless I'm telling it to make me a glide record script or something. But, but I've just, I've so many times I've had to reach for something that's all the way across, and that's how you get like 10, 12 tabs.
CJ: right.
TheDuke: Across your navigator bar cause you're like, you need to be able to check on such and such a record. And it would be even better if that was voice operated.
CJ: Huh,
Mark: Well, maybe that's, the next thing to have it also voice operated, But it is like, making your life easier or having, um, yeah, certain code or, or whatever being auto generated for you. And you al already have the, the base, right? So you can do more in the same amount of time or you already have some examples of a certain good standard. that will be really interesting. I do see it also as a base and not, it's, it's full coat or full flow or whatever. Cause I, I did feel, some sentiment, that knowledge that people were thinking, oh, now everyone can do this. so maybe even people from a, a service desk or whatever. Yeah, I personally don't believe in that. also really no code, stuff. I don't believe in that because still, at some point it gets more complicated, so you really need the technical consultant or who, who's going to review it or. Who is going to govern this? Because if everyone can do this and no one is on top of this, it will get a mad, mad show. And that's not how it works in my opinion.
TheDuke: Oh, for sure. Like I, I've been using chat g p T to either write me scripts or find me the instructions to do something like I was trying to launch assessments from a script and I was like, give me the instructions. And it it would have like eight step process and then like step seven was just completely batshit crazy. And then what?
CJ: And then Z Butcher and says, what?
Mark: Oh.
CJ: Oh, man, that's awesome. But thinking about this, right? being a a huge proponent of the people side of the business, right? I feel like this gives just an immense amount of advantage and value to folks who are really good at the people stuff, right? like you said, mark the governance, but also the ability to interact with stakeholders to make sure that the requirements that you're getting, that you're gonna feed into generative ai. Are the requirements that the business actually needs and wants. Because I, I do think like as this thing becomes bigger and better and gets more pervasive and you start to get that sprawl as anyone, will be able to get started on it. Not everyone will be able to a, finish it and two, you know, know. how it's interacting with, with everything and how the business can best use the results, right? So I think there's gonna be a lot more, need for the qualification upfront and that management over time, than we currently have now.
Mark: Yeah, definitely. Yeah.
CJ: So, mark, tell us about instant scan. I, I know you're,
TheDuke: scan.
CJ: I know you're doing a lot, with that, and I see you talking a lot about it on, uh, on LinkedIn. So yeah, why don't you close in to, uh, some of the secret sauce there.
Mark: I can, talk a few hours on it. Um, no,
TheDuke: got a precise question about it though. What's stopping the adoption?
Mark: yeah. That's a really good one. because in my opinion, Incan should be used at every customer on everyone's radar. Maybe not Incan, maybe you've got something from a third party or whatever, but something similar should be, one of the, top priorities within every customer. if we just talk about Incan, as the, the, the out of the box application from ServiceNow, it's just an application, on everyone's instance with which you can interrogate your whole instance. It has such a powerful scan engine, which yeah, you can just scan almost everything. obviously the first thing people. our thinking about is scanning, scripting, business rules, script includes whatever, and our scripts up to a certain standard, certain coding, best practices, whatever. But in my opinion, it's, it can be way more like Incan. You could also use to check your infant health. our queues being processed. are your mids gring, , how is your email doing? Is there backlog? Your email showing your triggers or whatever? so you can use it for, for that. you could also use it to
CJ: Can we, can we pause right there for a second mark? Because I think, because I think that's, really interesting. one of the things that I'm, I, focusing a lot more on lately right, is dashboarding, and I think ServiceNow is too. but the reason I'm tying that, , to what you just said, right, is like there's a lot of these performance, metrics and, and things that are kind of hidden below the surface, And we're not necessarily exposing them, on a regular basis. And you're. What you're saying is basically what, instant scan is that we can have this almost kind of feels like AI to a certain extent, right? Like we can have this thing, this process kind of running, that's gonna surface like these potential problems or these existing problems, right? and kind of give them some airtime to the folks who need to fix them. am I, am I understanding that correctly?
Mark: Yeah, that, that's definitely possible. basically Incan will just generate, uh, those, findings for you. so it gives you that insight. But then still you need to think about how am I going to embed. Scan in our way of working. And then you do need to set up yourself. are you going to use notifications for that incident? Uh, are you going to trigger integration, or whatever. That's something that you do need to set up, That does not come with, with Incan. Incan itself is just a base application, which can just, scan your whole incense and produce a lot of findings. but then it's what do you do with those, findings? so that's really, really interesting. but yeah, that's already another subject, like embedding Incan in your, in your way of working. but yeah, let's, start at every customer is, Actually using it and using it regularly and, perhaps using it scheduled. Cause you can also just schedule, all the Incan checks or suites or whatever. so that's, really interesting.
TheDuke: It is got a point scan capability too, right?
Mark: yeah. Yeah.
TheDuke: don't wait for the scan this happened. Go tell somebody.
Mark: Yeah, yeah, that's, that's one of the out of the box possibilities. Point scan. So you can scan any artifact, like, a script include, for example. And then, all the scan checks are being performed against that, script include the same. You can also already do out of the box for update sets, so you can scan complete update sets. And the same, you can also do out of the box for scoped applications. so you can scan the full, application. that's all also already something like, yeah, how to embed it in your way of working. Cause maybe some customers want to embed this when you're closing an update set or when you're finishing, uh, a new app version. Or maybe you want to perform this every one or two weeks at the end of your, uh, sprint, for example. So, yeah, that's already a bit the, the way of, working. which you need to, to, to think of.
CJ: I like that phrase, the way of working. , because I do think we don't often think of the way we work as a cohesive ecosystem sort of level, thing. But we off, we just think of it as a series of tasks, I have a story, so I gotta build this thing, I gotta test the thing, then I gotta push the thing, But there's a way, that there's a rapper around all of that, That we don't always think about and maybe often gets missed. As well, And so there's a phrase where folks say like, if you don't create the culture of a, business, right? Then it'll get created for you. I feel like the same thing here. And if you don't intentionally create a way of working, then it gets created for you with basically like your developer habits, right? Like that kind of just eek out.
Mark: Yeah,
CJ: And, and I, and I love how you mentioned integrating Instant scan into your way of working here and doing that intentionally as a way of adoption.
Mark: Yeah, I, I just want to mention then, that it's even way more because I, I, I just was mentioning, that you can, perform checks on scripting and, and stuff like that. And then also mentioned, performing checks, like, how, uh, is your instance health, but you can also. Use this for a support team. for example, your daily system administrators jobs, like checking. How is the data in your instance? do you have issues on your attachment stable or on your incident stable? Uh, like, uh, uh, or a lot of, uh, workflows, active for, uh, close incidents or, or whatever.
TheDuke: So you can basically make your own health checks.
Mark: yeah, definitely def definitely.
TheDuke: instead of is it coded and configured in a healthy way? It's just like, am I past some kind of health threshold that I want to measure that's independent of the platform.
Mark: Yeah, definitely. But actually because of that you're checking also. Yeah. Data issues obviously. Uh, at the end you have to fix those issues. But there's most likely, a certain cost behind those data issues. So there might be something wrong in your coding. There might be something wrong in your flows or workflows. So eventually you are still getting to technical issues, which are brought up to the surface, but also those data, checks are really important cause. Maybe people are not aware that they're looking at reporting, which is utterly incorrect. But yeah, now these data issues are popping up. Or maybe, maybe you're using tools like process, optimalization, slowness, whatever, and you have all these kinds of conclusions on data, which is actually incorrect. Also on that end, Incan can help so much. just to give a small example, I performed Incan a few weeks ago at, the bank in the Netherlands. And we had more than 6 million scan findings. More than 6 million findings. That's incredible. So really interesting.
TheDuke: Does, does a finding presuppose that there's something wrong.
Mark: yes. Uh, scan finding. Yeah. Obviously,
TheDuke: 6 million things.
Mark: you, you, you might argue on some things, that's definitely possible. But it can already be that, of that 6 million findings, that half a million are about one issue. Um, so try to locate that issue. Take that issue away, then Solve those findings. And maybe those are data findings or whatever. And then, that chunk is already gone, for me. It's also not uncommon that you have millions of findings, because I'll be performing hundreds and hundreds of scanning checks, yeah, it does tell that, that, that there's so much work to do on, on everyone's, uh, search now instance.
TheDuke: We could probably make this show, whole show on instant scan. It's, it's something I'm trying to get way deeper on because I have been obsessed with the concept of admin sensor since they ruled it out. But I'm just like throwing my hands up and side. I'm gonna build my own because. There's such a passive way for current admins to, understand their instance and understand what needs to get done. No, I shouldn't say it's passive. It's the opposite of that.
CJ: Proactive is what I like to think of it,
TheDuke: that's where it needs to be, right? It needs to be proactive and the proactivity can come from passive scans. Meaning look for these things that tell me if I'm healthy or not healthy, and then tell me otherwise, like you're waiting for somebody else, almost external to the team to pick up on the symptoms of this. Like, this workflow isn't running right,
CJ: Yeah.
TheDuke: you know? And wouldn't you like to know that way beforehand, like Mark was saying about, are your events getting queued up and processed correctly? Because flows basically come from events, right? doesn't the flow put an event in the event queue A flow instance?
Mark: Yeah. Yeah, that's uh, that's true. Yeah.
TheDuke: Yeah. So if it's not, getting there or if it's getting there wrong or so I, I don't know, but
CJ: No, I'm following you on this, right? Like if there's an, if there's an outcome, right, that you can predict, then you should be able to run a scan against that outcome. If you're not seeing the outcome, then it then scan a flag at,
TheDuke: And just like Mark said, 6 million things, six, 6 million findings, and who cares how, deeply they're grouped. The fact that this was effectively invisible information for, for me yesterday.
CJ: right.
TheDuke: And then imagine you got your admin dashboard where it's like, here's your admin accounts that are active in prodding. The last time they logged in here is your security center results. Here are, update sets from your, lower instances that have been completed on those instances in the past week. And then here's your instant scan results. And it's basically A complete dashboard information about your instance that otherwise was invisible to you, you would have to go about proactively. Uh, getting it yourself is not even passive. Sorry, I'm totally, somebody pulled my rip cord and let me go.
CJ: No, man, I, I'm with you on this. Right. I think that's one of the great things about it. You know what I love about the ServiceNow platform, right? Is that there are so many of these sorts of things that, the use case for them are, is not always obviously apparent. on what the intended use case for it is, right? Like, so Insta Scan has like a, a ton of these like kind of secondary and tertiary use cases that you can use to make your way of working a whole lot better, but you know, if you look at the documentation, documentation might only have like a certain, selection of things, right? I look, I think about data certification the same way, right? Like there's so many interesting and cool ways that you can use, that application that. Aren't necessarily the way the ServiceNow intended, but are still super valuable. I feel like instant scan is one of those things that is in that same category of ServiceNow created it to do this sort of thing, but didn't necessarily think we were gonna do all these other cool things with it too. But it's still, that just makes it super valuable,
Mark: Yeah, and it's also your, imagination is your limitation. So you really have to come up with these things yourself.
CJ: Put that on the
Mark: are no
CJ: mark. Put that on the t-shirt. Your imagination is your limitation. I love that.
Mark: For next year. Okay. But, um, it's just, there are no examples like these, so you really have to come up with these, uh, yourself. And also because Incan out of the box is only. supplied with a really limited number of scan checks, which are also mainly focused on what you already see on Instant Security Center. so you really have to create those scan checks yourself and Yeah. And you can do so. And, uh, I've also created a ton of Articles and information on that, so everyone. Should be able to, do crazy stuff now. But, um, I think that's also the point on, uh, why it's not that much adopted. probably because out of the box, there's hardly any skin checks shipped with, uh, with Incan. so I think that's, that's one of the factors also,
TheDuke: one of your favorite instant scans to build?
Mark: I don't know if I have particular ones or probably if I'll go through the, through the whole list. But it's more that, uh, that, that the skin checks you. You've got several types of skin checks. You, you've got some simple ones, simple, uh, table checks. You've got some, column checks, and those are not that spectacular. But especially the linter checks, they are a lot harder, a lot more complex. but with those you can. Create some nice checks on, on, on scripting. but they are just way, way more complex and I, feel like I only touch the tip of the iceberg on that subject yet. So I really still have to, to dive into that way more and. see how much more we can get out of it. Even that I already published so much on Incan, I think there's way more that we can do, but uh, yeah.
CJ: Okay. You just mentioned how you've, written and published so much stuff about instant scan. you have written and published so much content about so many things, like, man, you are prolific,
TheDuke: Yeah, in ways he's prolific amongst those who are prolific. He makes prolific people just go, damn.
CJ: Right, like, right, like you got the 1% and you're like the 0.1%, man. And, and, and, and first I just wanna say thank you on behalf of the community, for giving so much back. I know it takes a lot of time, but, I want to ask too, like, what makes you do it, right? Like, I mean, like, you know what I mean? Like, so folks always ask you, like me and Robert this, question like, what makes you do this thing? and so I like to ask folks who produce more content than I do. What makes you do it?
Mark: Okay. Yeah, no worries. Um, I, it is like I, I'm, I'm choosing my battle, so I, do stick to writing content and I was thinking like maybe I should do some videos or maybe podcasts or whatever, but I am like, Well just stick to the writing, for now. So choose your battles. I do write. A lot on further agent, a lot on instance can, but indeed also, a lot of other subjects, as well. , but that's also something new, new comes up with surfs now. So probably with Vancouver, Washington, probably Gen ai then, then yeah, I might look into that and, and then see what can I find, what is not documented yet? What's. New things that I see and whatever, and let's, just write it down. , cause I like doing it. I like to share the information. when I started with ServiceNow, I was overwhelmed with how much free content. There is, uh, compared with what I, Was used to with my previous, job. but also for me it's like creating this content. Yeah, it's, it's fun, but it also, learns you a lot because you're really diving into a subject. Because you are seeing a lot of new things because, well, English is not my native language, so I need to work on that. I'm writing a ton of stuff, so how do I bring a message across? so you're also constantly working on yourself, so it does. Cost a lot of time. It does cost a lot of effort. That's, that's true. and yes, I do it for free. that's true. But at the same time, I could also be working for a company and I've got a mandatory plan that I need to work on, and I have to do mandatory courses and whatever. Yeah. But now I'm taking control of what I'm doing. And I like doing this, so I decide myself what I'm working on. the company does not decide that I'm deciding it, and I'm working on my hard skills, my soft skills, et cetera. But I'm deciding what my future plan is. I'm taking control over it. And that's, that's, just a huge thing. Uh, and I also have to admit, like I'm now 10 or 11 months working as a freelancer. And, now I also see how much it benefits me, that I'm doing this and that people know my name and that I'm, a multi, m p because, I'm actually not looking for work. Work is coming to me.
CJ: preach
TheDuke: There you go.
Mark: if I'm doing an interview, people are not asking me for what my knowledge level is of ServiceNow. People are only asking me, do you fit the company? Do you fit the culture? if I'm talking with someone who wants to know what I know in of ServiceNow, then I know, well, most likely I'm talking with the wrong person.
CJ: Amen, bro. I'm in. I outta my seat right now.
Mark: So, but those are things I, didn't really realize that a year ago or two years ago. well now I'm actually confronted with it like this and I'm really like, whoa, I'm benefiting from this even more and more and more. Well, I'm enjoying doing this and creating content and sharing and whatever. I just enjoy doing that a lot and I'm benefiting. Massively now because of that
TheDuke: It helps when that connection's made. Right? Like it makes all
Mark: yeah,
TheDuke: in the world when you, when it's like, oh, it does work. Oh damn.
Mark: yeah, it's just a plus, plus, plus plus. It's amazing.
CJ: It's funny you mentioned all of that, mark, because I've said the same thing to folks at, Knowledge last week, right? I don't, I don't interview anymore, right? it's all about company fest. Like, okay, we know you got the skills, right? Let's, talk about what we're looking for in terms of how we want the project to go and how you work, and whether or not those things are compatible. and I mean, it's just a, it's just amazing how many doors this sort of thing opens for you , once you create a, you know, a certain level of standing in this ecosystem, And then, and that standing is generated through hard work, right? the creation of this. This content is, is is a lot of time, And a lot of work, and a lot of Expertise that goes into it, man. But the payoff, right? Like as you just said, right? Like the payoff is there. It's immense, For anybody who's looking especially if you've got any kind of entrepreneurial spirit, and you looking to get out there on your own, like start with creating content. You know, start with helping others, right? Like, this is such an altruistic thing for me that has benefited me immensely. I can't go on and on about that mark, but this is about you.
Mark: No, but, but it, it's truly like that and, and completely like you're mentioning. So yeah, it's, it's amazing.
TheDuke: We have, just a couple minutes left, mark. So why don't you leave any advice for people coming up in your wake?
Mark: advice. Oh, oh, man. there's always so much, to tell or, when we'll, uh, stop, this show then, then immediately new things will pop in, in, into my mind. But, uh, just the biggest advice would always be like, know your resources. I see a lot of people. Around me. Uh, and then certainly they're stuck with on an issue. Yeah. And what next? You can't tell the customer like, I don't know. so know your resources. Who can you reach out to? what resources are out there? do you know, uh, the dogs, do you know the community? Do you know that there are academies, uh, life coding, happy hours? Or are you listening to CJ and the Duke because you get a lot of out that as well, uh, inspiring, fun, uh, et cetera, et cetera.
TheDuke: Pam is Money Corey.
CJ: Check in the mail.
Mark: But, uh, yeah, just know your resources because. I don't know everything myself also, that's impossible. ServiceNow has grown way too much over the, over the few years, and it's, it's developing in an extreme high pace, so you can't know everything and you don't need to know everything also,
CJ: Say that one
Mark: your resource.
CJ: Say that again for folks. Right. Because I think sometimes folks try to eat the elephant all at once, right?
Mark: Yeah. It's, it's just like you can't know everything and you also don't need to know everything. Um, And it's, it's also if you just don't know a, a certain subject or maybe you didn't follow it for the last six months, that doesn't have to be an issue. There's so much content out there, but do you know how to find it or, we were talking earlier this show about chat, G P t if you type in just a short sentence. What are you getting out of chat G P T? Well, hardly anything, but if you can. Make it a whole story. Like what are you after that you can really define what it is you are searching for and you put that in. Then chat, G P T will also come out. with a way stronger result. And that's the same in your search with search. Now you, just need to know the resources. What are you looking for? Who can you call or who can you reach out to, et cetera. because there's so much out there and you really don't need to know everything. you really don't. yeah.
CJ: Love it. Mark, this has been an amazing interview. I've thoroughly enjoyed chatting with you. I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with you in, uh, in Vegas too. It was great to meet you in person. thanks so much for coming out to do the show.
TheDuke: We'll have all the mark stuff in the, uh, description below. Mark, thanks again for joining us. Really appreciate it.
Mark: Well, thank you, uh, as well. a lot of fun. a lot of fun doing so. And, uh, yeah, keep on going. I mean this is show 86, 87, 88. I don't know a lot. And just keep on going cause it's a lot of fun. It's a lot of good content, uh, and inspirational. Uh, so keep on the good work.
TheDuke: It's 85, but we're not counting and we still don't have an outro. See you on the next one, folks.