Frank Rossi from Cornell University joined me to discuss an experiment he conducted (and I helped with a little bit) in the early 2000s. We discuss the performance of the control treatment, fertilizer choice, sustainability, and take home messages from the experiment.
- My blog post about the experiment: https://www.asianturfgrass.com/post/least-enjoyable-experiment-ever/
- Frank's Green Section Record article about the experiment, "In Search of the Silver Bullet" https://gsrpdf.lib.msu.edu/?file=/2000s/2004/040916.pdf
- Frank's GCM magazine article about the experiment, "Effects of microbial and organic products on putting green performance" http://files.asianturfgrass.com/rossi_2006_gcm_fertilizer_programs.pdf
- Follow Frank Rossi on Twitter at https://twitter.com/FrankSpeaks3
- Watch this episode on YouTube: https://youtu.be/OEc7j7HeBTw
- Get turfgrass information resources at https://www.paceturf.org/
- Read more about all kinds of turfgrass topics at https://www.asianturfgrass.com/
- See the ATC newsletters at https://subscribepage.com/atc_newsletters
- Listen to the ATC Office Hours podcast at https://atc-office-hours.transistor.fm/
Creators & Guests
What is The ATC Doublecut with Micah Woods?
I discuss ATC blog posts, with supplementary information, stories, and the reasons why I thought the topic was worth writing about, and worth reading about. Thus, a doublecut of these topics. This covers grass selection, playability, and all the work done to create a certain type of turfgrass surface.