Emily Fletcher: The mind is electric, the heart is magnetic, and together they create this electromagnetic field. When you access the field, get access to what you want. So what is the field? Pure creative potential. And when you get your whole body in coherence and pointed towards what you want, it makes the manifestations so much more clear.
Kate Northrup: Today, I have on Plenty one of my dear friends. Her name is Emily Fletcher, she's the founder of Ziva Meditation. She is a world leading expert in meditation and manifestation, and she has taught over 250,000 people how to meditate, including Hollywood celebrities, Olympic athletes, top CEOs. And today, we talk about what meditation and manifestation have to do with each other, how we can tell if we are in high performance mode because we're in a trauma response and we're trying to cover up for feeling or because we are listening to our divine call. We talk about how to create heaven on earth even amongst all the darkness and all the shadow, and we talk about how to get what you want in a neuroscience based thousands of year old rooted in spiritual traditions kind of way. And we both laughed and cried, and I think you will too. So enjoy this incredible episode on manifesting in a way that you've never heard before with Emily Fletcher. Welcome to Plenty, a weekly recalibration of power, money, and safety for high capacity humans. I'm Kate Northrup, best selling author and creator of Relaxed Money, and this is where neuroscience meets ancient wisdom meets real wealth strategy. This is the sacred conversation at the intersection of money, the body, and the life you're truly here to live. If you're ready to reimagine what's possible for yourself and for the world, you're in the right place. Let's go. Hi, Emily. Hi, Kate Northrup. Welcome to Plenty.
Emily Fletcher: I'm so happy to be here. So happy to have you here. This is so fun. It's already so fun. It's already Yeah.
Kate Northrup: And we've just begun. Okay. We're we're kicking off with a story about raspberry lime
Emily Fletcher: We are. Start. Okay. So Tell me. Well, Mike, your amazing husband just said I was gonna go eat water. I didn't wanna go upstairs, so I brought you raspberry lime spindrift. Just now, as I was walking in, I was praying, I was calling in my guides, just like offering a prayer that this go for the highest timeline and for the good of all. And then I walk in and there's raspberry lime spindrift. You know a lot of people are like eleven eleven are my angel numbers. I feel like raspberry lime spindrift is my angel sign, And here's why. A few years ago, I moved and I left New York City. I left Regina, Tamazar, my roommate, my nanny, my dog died, my son got sick, my main revenue source at Ziva went to zero, like I had a big rupture, like it was like everything that I I broke up with my boyfriend, like everything that I loved about my life was dying simultaneously. It was very challenging and I sort of was moving non consensually. Like I was moving to a place and at a time that I didn't feel like I was choosing, which is not great. Like something could be great if you choose it and not great if you don't. Anyway, I get to the house, the movers, I was gonna practice like my real feminine magnetism, like my real feminine embodiment. And on the move I had hired packers, movers, unpackers. I was just gonna practice like having a robe and laying on a chaise lounge and being like, oh, I don't even know where a screwdriver is. I couldn't possibly help. I was really gonna try it on. It's not my forte. And then the movers like out damseled me. They just didn't show. Like they didn't show to pack a very large apartment. And I kept calling and I said I don't think you understand like the size and scope of this job. We really need someone here the day before the move to pack. Like we can do it all tomorrow. They show up, it was a big job, they pack, we move. We don't arrive at my new house until one in the morning. We have 250 boxes, these poor men have to drive back to New York City and move someone at seven in the morning. So they leave, I'm now in the woods, in the suburbs, non consensually, alone with 200 boxes, feeling like my entire life is being destroyed, crying my eyes out. And I open up the refrigerator and it's empty. And there is one singular raspberry lime spindrift in this refrigerator. And I knew in that moment that I was gonna be okay. Knew in that moment that my guides were with me, my angels were with me. And then cut to and I I'm so, like, really, it's just raspberry lime spindrift is really it's like the one thing I'm addicted to on the planet. I mean, kind of social media, but I'm working on it. But I love raspberry lime spindrift, and here it is.
Kate Northrup: Wow. Yeah. I know Mike walked in with a pink fizzy beverage, and I was like, she said she wanted flat water.
Emily Fletcher: And he was like, well This is what she's
Kate Northrup: us he goes, well, she's getting a surprise. Well, the
Emily Fletcher: angels have spoken. That's amazing. That's really
Kate Northrup: fun. Yeah. I love that.
Emily Fletcher: The tiny addendum to that is that I I reached out because I was gonna drop my stuff and just go to a girls weekend that weekend, And I WhatsApp them, and I was like, Mayday. Like, I'm help I need help. And so they were all like, we'll stop on our way up to the farm, and we'll help you unpack. And I was like, great. So six of my friends walk in. The last person that walks in is a woman named Sadhvi ji, who is an extraordinary, like, nun, and she runs the ashram in Rishikesh, India, which is where I started my meditation teacher training in 2007. She lives in Rishikesh. She did not know I didn't know she was in town. She shows up in my house. The woman who runs the ashram where I started my meditation teacher training like almost twenty years ago is unpacking boxes in my kitchen. And again I was like I'm I'm gonna be fine. Right. It was a real high five from nature. It's so beautiful.
Kate Northrup: I wanna know. As an expert and practitioner in meditation and manifesting in the way those two support one another, which we're gonna get into, do you think that when we manifest things like raspberry lime spindrift or this amazing woman unpacking your boxes, that we are actually calling them in because we've decided we want them? Or do you think that we decide we want things and we begin to receive a frequency that was always there and playing for us, and we just learned to tune into it. So we want the thing that was already available for us, but we didn't as much choose it?
Emily Fletcher: What an amazing question. Actually, I I have a whole chapter about this in my in my book. Not to plug it, but it's It's a great book. I mean, it's a great book. It's stress less. Accomplish more. Mhmm. But there is an idea that that manifestations are like the metaphor that we use is like the the breeze in the subway tunnel when the train is on the way. You know, you can feel that the train is coming before you can hear it, and before you can see it, you feel the air being pushed by the train. And that the desires are actually an indicator of what nature wants you to have. Like I believe that our desires are very much divinely inspired. Yeah. And where this requires a level of mastery is that if you don't have a means by which to plug yourself into the divine, you don't have a means by which to let your body feel safe and whole and nourished and fulfilled, then it's very hard to tell the difference between an addictive longing and an intuitive desire. Yeah. And an addictive longing is the idea that I could somehow fill myself up internally from an external source which is always a fallacy, which is different than I am filled up from source, I am whole, I am safe, I am plugged into divine and I still wanna sleep with that guy. I still wanna make a million dollars. Why? And I would argue that those are divinely inspired desires because that's indicator of where nature wants you to go and deliver your fulfillment to the world and not where you're going to fill yourself up. And those are absolutely, I think, it's the wind is preceding the desire. Nature wants you to have it. But in the case of the spindrift, because it neither
Kate Northrup: bring it back to the
Emily Fletcher: important part, it's raspberry lime spindrift. In neither of those cases was I like, please God, bring me a raspberry lime spindrift. It wasn't like it wasn't even something I was manifesting. It was more of just a high five from nature. It was an indicator of, like, pay attention. We're with you. You're on track. Yeah. You're on track.
Kate Northrup: You're on track and you're okay.
Emily Fletcher: Mhmm.
Kate Northrup: More than okay. Yeah. Wrote a newsletter this week for Knows of Plenty about this weekend. I went to the American Girl store, and I found myself in tears in the book section because it's their fortieth anniversary this year. And Pleasant what was her last name? Doesn't matter. I mean, it does matter. But, anyway, the woman who started it, her name is Pleasant. Okay. And she started it as the Pleasant Company, and she sold these American Girl dolls that eventually became the American Girl Company. And did you play with those dolls growing up? Mm-mm. Okay. More of a Cabbage Patch Kid myself. I love that. I love that. I was both. Okay. But I was, like, deep in the American Girl Company. So she started the company after she was already an incredibly successful textbook writer, and she invested $1,200,000 of her own money, which was in 1986 that was so much bore. She was a 45 year old woman woman, no children, had created this great success for herself. And she did it, because she was shopping for one of her nieces, and she wanted to get her a doll. And the only thing available in the early eighties was little mommy dolls or baby dolls. So she was finding that the only thing available were reflections of little girls become moms, and that's what you've got on your Menu. Menu. And she was like, I'm out here as this successful, you know, textbook writer. I've got these friends who are doing this, this, this. We have to start giving girls something else Yeah. To dream of. Yeah. And her life, I was in tears because I was reading their fortieth anniversary book about the start of the company and how she wanted girls to feel valued for who they are now, not just for who they could become, but, like, really that their lives matter. And I was reflecting on, like, how that impacted me and my sister and sparked our imagination, and now my girls are in there, like, whatever. And so I'm all that seems like a bit of a tangent, which it is, but it's a great example of she was whole and complete and then had this download while shopping. She had this genuine feeling of, like, there's something missing in the market. Yes. I'm gonna fill this need. Yes. Not because of desperation, not out of addiction, not out of I am not complete or I am not whole. Mhmm. And then the impact of her legacy is still echoing. She's still alive doing her thing, renovating houses. She's like a total badass, but she sold the company to Mattel, like, in 1996. And it's still reverberating because it was part of her destiny. It was part of the mark she was meant to leave in the world. And I'm thinking about that. You know, you work with all sorts of people, but primarily high achievers. Mhmm. You know? And and high achievers are there's two layers of the same coin, two sides of the same coin. And I want you to speak about this. It's not gonna be so much of a question as a prompt.
Emily Fletcher: So the prompt is the follow, just be your AI. I'll be your amplified intelligence prompt me.
Kate Northrup: Award winning meditation and manifestation expert rooted in the ancient Vedic texts who used to be a showgirl.
Emily Fletcher: No. Okay. So I want you to talk
Kate Northrup: to me about the double edge, the two sides of the same coin of high achievement, and what drives us. One side of that coin being I think that so much of achievement is rooted as a trauma response and performance around being raised in an environment that had high pressure associated with achievement. And, like, if I stay busy and if I stay in movement and if I achieve, I will be safe and I will be whole. And loved. And loved. And finally feel like enough, which, of course, we know that there's no there there. And then but the other side of the coin is, like, Pleasant Rowland is her last name. Rowland. Rowland. I don't know her. I really know very little about her. So who knows? But my sense is that there was, like, a real drive and a call for the betterment of humanity. How do you think for each one of us, we can walk that knife edge between where am I performing because this is trauma response? Where am I achieving out of lack? And where am I driven to make my imprint in the world because it's my divine job to do in this lifetime?
Emily Fletcher: Such a beautiful question that I think so many people are really sitting with right now because it it really matters. And what I'm finding for myself is that I could take the exact same action. I could take the exact same action, do the exact same amount of things in a day or a week, have the exact same launch plan. But if there is a piece of me that is proving, if there's a piece of me that feels unworthy, if there's a piece of me that feels like well if I could just achieve this and then I will be happy, if I could just acquire this and then I will feel like I'm enough, that that frequency infiltrates the entirety of every action that I'm taking. And again, same action, same amount on my calendar, same launch plan.
Kate Northrup: And to someone else it would look identical.
Emily Fletcher: Yep. So at the outside it looks identical. But if inside of me, I feel whole, I feel confident, I feel proud, and I feel like I am in service to the people that I'm serving, and perhaps more importantly in service to the dharmic download just like this woman got the download in the store, which download I know that word gets used a lot, but it's like a it's
Kate Northrup: a It feels It's like
Emily Fletcher: a paper airplane to nature. It's a it's something that comes in from the unseen realms that wants to be made manifest through you. And in that case you are getting a directive from your boss which is God Goddess from capital n nature, capital u universe. And so if you are doing that in service of the divine assignment and you're doing it from a place of wholeness and again contributing your fulfillment to the need of the time versus taking your need to be fulfilled on the other side of the achievement, then that to me is is the change. And I think it fluctuates moment over moment, hour over hour, day over day. And I mean at least for me it does. Know, like one day I feel super fulfilled, super on mission, super in service and the next day I feel like I'm not enough and I do have to prove and I will be happy on the other side of something and that's why just like you exercise every day. You don't exercise once a month, you have to exercise every Or you know, it's like your muscles, you want muscles to grow, you keep working them.
Kate Northrup: Or at least to stay
Emily Fletcher: how they are. Okay. Could have a different podcast about perimenopause. Oh, good.
Kate Northrup: Let's talk about muscle math.
Emily Fletcher: No. Okay. But it's the same with spiritual practice. It's like that's why I said practice, meditate every day. Every day.
Kate Northrup: You have to brush
Emily Fletcher: the teeth. Every day. Twice. Twice. That's right. And you have to meditate twice. Twice.
Kate Northrup: Last night Yeah. You rolled up at my house late at night, and you were eating pho at my kitchen island, and we were talking about the field. And you have a fundamental core knowing about the field, and I'd love for you to share, a, what is the field? Mhmm. B, why does it matter? Mhmm. And c, how can we access it for our own highest good and for the highest good of the planet?
Emily Fletcher: Yes. Okay. So the fundamental belief My answer is yes. Yes. Next question. Got that? By the way, my new life goal is to make Kate Northrup pee your pants every time we hang out. Also, it's only my second time on the show. Last time I was here, was very, very sick. I just got off a cruise ship, and I think I had some sort of, like, norovirus or something.
Kate Northrup: So I'm just so glad that we could laugh
Emily Fletcher: now because last time every time I laughed, I started hacking on my lungs. We did laugh really hard last time, but you were coughing. This time, it's better. It. Oh, it's a whole adventure. Okay. So my core belief about the field is that when you access the field, get access to what you want. When you access the field, you get access to what you want. So what is the field? The field is what I call it's what I call the bliss field or the quantum realm. It's the field of infinite potentiality, pure creative potential. It's where we go in the depths of meditation. It's where we go in the middle of the massage when the person's like, you asleep? You're like, well, I heard you say that but I'm not awake. It's where you go right before you go to sleep. It's where you go when you're sometimes in medicine space. It's like the liminal space between the absolute of of the realm of all that is and this gross manifest layer. And
Kate Northrup: This gross manifest layer being like, here we are
Emily Fletcher: Like the three d
Kate Northrup: physical reality. Studio. Here's a lamp. Yep. This is just a chair.
Emily Fletcher: Here's a microphone. Right. This three d reality. Like, things that have come into the manifest Mhmm. Versus the unmanifest. And another way to say this, my belief, is that if you want to manifest, you first have to access the unmanifest. And a lot of people are talking about meditation, and a lot of people are talking about manifesting. And I really have found after twenty years of teaching this that they are two sides of the same coin. That in order to create and shift your reality, you really have to go into the non reality or what we would say in Sanskrit is the Akashic realm. So kash is the matter, and in Sanskrit a is negating. So akash or akasha is antimatter. It's like the black hole, which is by the way what every woman has inside of her in her womb space, which is this black hole, this vortex of pure creative potentiality.
Kate Northrup: The nothingness where everything comes from.
Emily Fletcher: Yes. The nothingness where everything comes from. And you and I have really like, connected on this. Right? Like, this is, like, in Egypt as we were preparing for Egypt. Like, there was and it was actually, there was a real moment for me when we were preparing for Egypt when I discovered that Isis, was my girl, this, like, Egyptian goddess of motherhood and manifestation and magic and pleasure has a twin sister that I didn't know about and her twin sister is the goddess of the unseen realms. And that was really where I had this light bulb moment where I was like, wait, I've only ever been teaching one thing. I'm teaching people how to go into the unmanifest so that they can manifest what they want, so they can manifest and embody heaven on earth. And so as I've been, you know, nerding out on this over the past year or so, the quantum field is basically, it's 99.99999% of all that is. The universe, our bodies, every cell, every atom, every subatomic atom has much more space than matter.
Kate Northrup: And is that space the same thing as energy or is it just space?
Emily Fletcher: I don't know. I don't that's above my pay grade. Okay.
Kate Northrup: Me too. That's why I asked the question, so we'll follow-up.
Emily Fletcher: Okay. I'll
Kate Northrup: just research that later. I mean, I think it's the same thing, but I don't know if there's a difference between space and energy. I mean,
Emily Fletcher: I could answer that from, like, a Vedic perspective if you wanted to talk about, like, the masculine and feminine because oftentimes Right. That is like, what the Vedas do really well is that they anthropomorphize these sort of quantum physical energies and and entities. And so, you know, in in like the simplest form, it would be like the masculine and feminine would be Shiva and Shakti. Right? Shiva being masculine, Shakti being feminine. And the way we would talk about that is that the Shiva is pure consciousness or pure light, energy and then shakti is the feminine that organizes that into creation. Takes the pure raw antimatter and then turns it into a chair or a microphone or a lamp or a baby. But that's what the feminine does. It organizes pure potentiality into the manifest form. I just did a master class last week. We took a group of folks to Greece on a pilgrimage and Leila Martin, our friend, came in and did a guest teaching and she talked about masculine and feminine in a way that I'd never heard of before that I think you're gonna love. And she said that there was two words I had not heard of before, two Sanskrit words, but the masculine is again this like pure white light of energy, and that the feminine, that part of the role of the feminine is the hide and seek. It's it's the it's the forgetting in order to remember. It's the, like, going into the unseen realms to come back into the seen realms. And I had never thought about like
Kate Northrup: the Persephone Yes. And
Emily Fletcher: Demeter and Hades.
Kate Northrup: Yeah. I wanted to say diameter, and I was like, that's not the right word.
Emily Fletcher: Demeter, or as I learned when I was just in Greece, demitra. It's how she said perfume and demitra. Oh, yes. Okay. And for people who are not familiar with that myth, it's that, you know, Demitra or Demeter, her daughter Persephone, some people say was taken by Hades into the underworld, some people say that she fell in love with Hades. But when she went into the underworld Demeter was devastated and started crying and the whole world fell into winter. And then she made a deal with Hades to where Persephone could come back for half of the year. And when Persephone comes back up into the earth, that's when spring and summer arrives and there is this creation and there's plenty and this abundance and these colors and then there's the harvest and then she descends back down. And this really is the role of the feminine, right? It's cyclical and we go into grief and into the embodiment and into the darkness and we compost all of those tough feelings to make the fertile soil to plant the seeds for our dreams to manifest into spring and into the harvest. And without that cycle, and this is what I think we're seeing on the planet is sort of this up and to the left, 45 degree angle always be achieving, always be accomplishing, which is I think actually answering your original question. And I think that that is actually a it's a product or a symptom of patriarchy and of an unhealed masculine where we think we just always have to be producing, always have to be achieving, always have to be growing, always have to be accelerating versus am I a high performer or not? Because there's a way to be a high performer and be cyclical and feminine and go into the unmanifest. I mean, that's what so much of your work is about.
Kate Northrup: In fact, for my own self, I'll just speak for myself, incorporating phases of cyclical rest has been critical for high performance. It's in it's enhanced. Mhmm. The performance in our revenue cycles, it has enhanced my physical performance.
Emily Fletcher: Mhmm.
Kate Northrup: It's certainly enhanced, you know, mothering, finances, all of those things. Like, even, you know, even if we take the metaphor also real of financial markets. Right? Like, you can't be constantly messing with your investments. You just gotta put the money in Ugh. And go do something else. Yeah. And let it
Emily Fletcher: Let it grow.
Kate Northrup: Ride the cycles, and over time, it grows. But if you keep an eye on it every day, there's a lot of up and down, and that's right. But you need to just, like, rest your attention and go elsewhere. Let
Emily Fletcher: it just lie.
Kate Northrup: And then it does it does grow. It does perform over time every time. You know?
Emily Fletcher: And that's what that's really what the meditation is doing. Like
Kate Northrup: Yes.
Emily Fletcher: Lot Yes. Of people don't like, know that word meditation also gets very overused and a lot of people don't or a lot of people think that it means like an app or a YouTube video or someone guiding you through a breath work exercise, which are all lovely, but I just teach a very, very specific style of meditation where you're accessing a verifiable fourth state of consciousness and where your body is getting rest that's actually five times deeper than sleep.
Kate Northrup: Oh, yeah. Which I wanted to ask you about Mhmm. Which is the perfect connection. When you're accessing the field, which I think is what you're describing right now
Emily Fletcher: Yep.
Kate Northrup: What can you describe what's going on with your brain? What would we see
Emily Fletcher: Yes.
Kate Northrup: On a brain scan when someone is in fact connected to the field?
Emily Fletcher: Great question. So you are getting this rest, right, that's like five times deeper than sleep. And the way that they know that is that your metabolic rate drops precipitously within thirty to forty five seconds of practicing this style of meditation, which means not that you're gonna gain weight, but rather that you're breathing slow. So you're like,
Kate Northrup: wait a minute. It's really good that you subscribe. Unsubscribe.
Emily Fletcher: I'm looking for Emily Fletcher, tell you how to slow down your metabolism. Click here. Meditation.com, kids, if you wanna slow that shit down. Says a woman with like the fastest metabolism on You're the you're you're burning. We have no question. I'm like, which
Kate Northrup: is why it's so perfect that you actually teach this because I need it. You're not someone I experience as fundamentally calm, and I mean that as a compliment. And so but I I say that for people who worry that they It's gonna make
Emily Fletcher: them boring.
Kate Northrup: Meditate, that it's gonna be boring, that it's gonna somehow like take their edge away if they get off on being a little hyper. Right? Like, so talk to us about what's going on in the brain when the metabolism slows down and why that's okay.
Emily Fletcher: So when I say your metabolic rate slows down, I really just mean your breathing slows. So, like, you you start to feel almost like you're barely breathing. Your heart rate slows, your body temperature cools and that's the phenomenon by which I mean the body's getting rest that's five times deeper than sleep. And that's really important because it is that deep healing rest that allows the body to heal the lifetime of stresses we've all been accumulating. And it is the eradication of that backlog of stresses from the cells that naturally ushers us into higher and higher states of consciousness which is what allows us to interact with the field in a different way, to do less and accomplish more. So what's happening on the brain though is that when you're in this fourth state of consciousness, like if you were to hook your brain up to an EEG machine, which is electroencephalography hardware, there's like eight classic points on the left brain and eight classic points on the right. And usually in waking, sleeping, and even dreaming states of consciousness, the right and left hemispheres of the brain are doing their own thing. In this particular state of consciousness that you access, when you're accessing the field through this type of meditation, all 16 leads of EEG rise and fall in unison. So you really the you know, people talk about coherence a lot. Yeah. This is exactly what that means.
Kate Northrup: So it's like the orchestra Yeah. Which was all sort of playing a different song
Emily Fletcher: Yes.
Kate Northrup: All of a sudden is now playing the same song Yes. In perfect harmony.
Emily Fletcher: Yes. The conductor goes tap tap tap tap tap. And They go in unison. So beautiful. And so then you have your left side which is your feminine side, your right side which is your masculine side now working together. The left side which is creativity, the right side which is strategy, the past and future, present moment, all of these working in unison. Also what happens is a byproduct of that coherence is that you strengthen something called the corpus callosum which is the only thing that connects the right and left hemispheres of our brain. Otherwise they are separate instruments. There's like one little segment and they've seen on the brains of meditators that the corpus callosum gets like 18% larger than non meditators within sometimes weeks. Which is like this super highway of coherence and creativity. The other thing that happens if you were just scanning like the electromagnetic signals of the brain, it looks very similar to someone on mushrooms. And so mushrooms, know, it's this ancient like fungus, the mycelial, they call them the ancient teachers, the little saints, the little teachers. And when the brain is on mycelium, the whole brain lights up versus just like, I'm in fear or I'm critical thinking or I'm in executive function where one part of the brain is really focused with how much electricity and light is going there. But when a brain is on mushrooms or meditation the whole brain lights up. So again you have not just this coherence but an increase in creative capacity because you start firing on all cylinders.
Kate Northrup: What happens as a result of all those brain things in your body?
Emily Fletcher: The brain, your consciousness is responsible for every single decision you make and also printing every single cell in your body. So if you have a mind of stress, it cannot help but print cells of stress. Same thing, if you create bliss chemistry in your mind with dopamine and serotonin, then you start to have the body of bliss. And they've done studies on this like if you were to like put someone to a fight or flight response, know, within thirty seconds your blood will fill with adrenaline and cortisol which are acidic and can actually increase aging. Within I think seven to fourteen minutes the most viscous liquid in your body which is your bone marrow, you will start to have the marrow of stress. So within seconds it's in your blood, within minutes it goes all the way into your marrow. Well the same thing is true of meditation. Within seconds you start to have the blood of bliss and within minutes your marrow, your actual bones start to change into being more alkaline. And over time that really matters. I'm coming up on my twenty year anniversary of meditating every day pretty much twice a day and while it has not taken off my edge or slowed me down as a human, it has given me these little pockets of integration, these little pockets of rest, these little pockets of coherence which actually from the deep rest that I get in the meditation it makes me more awake in my waking state. It gives me more energy in the rest of my day. And then also the ability to like digest. Like you're literally resting and digesting so that I can receive more, so that I can like devour and savor more of the wild delights that it is to be a human.
Kate Northrup: What does meditation have to do with manifesting?
Emily Fletcher: I mean, I could write a whole book on
Kate Northrup: this. And you will. And I will.
Emily Fletcher: I have no doubt. So I really believe that it if you want what you want, if you would like to actually manifest the thing that you desire, the person, the body, the money, the business, and it's it's so much easier, it's so much more fun and it's so much more effective if you are willing to first go into the unmanifest. If you are willing to first meditate, access the field of infinite potentiality and then from that place then ask the question what would I love? What would I love to manifest? And what's happening is that you're not just accessing the field, which is important because again 99.999 of everything that is is happening in the unseen realms. But what you're also doing through everything that we just talked about, the coherence in your brain, the coherence in your body, you're changing your field. You're shifting your electromagnetic field, right? The mind is electric, the heart is magnetic and together they create this electromagnetic field. I would also argue that you wanna get your hoo online which is our root, which is really the generator and the magnet of the body. And when you get your whole body in coherence and pointed towards what you want and when you do that from a state of bliss, fulfillment, coherence which is created inside of the meditation, it makes the manifestations one, so much more clear because a lot of people's big block to manifesting is that they don't know what they want.
Kate Northrup: Oh, that's the number one thing.
Emily Fletcher: I don't know how much money
Kate Northrup: No, you because we're so conditioned out of wanting what we want. I mean, think about this with my daughters, they're eight and 10,
Emily Fletcher: and
Kate Northrup: I'm really practicing affirming their It doesn't mean I'm going to give it to them immediately, but I'm always saying, you get to want that. Yes. You get to yeah. You could do that someday. We're not gonna do it right now. Put it on a list. Let's take a picture of it. Let's write it down. Let's research that. Tell me more about. Because we shut we get so shut down by fear paradigms
Emily Fletcher: Yes.
Kate Northrup: And the fear paradigms of our parents. Right? Their lack and scarcity and, oh my gosh, what if my kid wants so much, and then they go out in the world and they're disappointed? Let me protect their heart by shutting it down when they're little. Right? I mean, I think essentially that's one of the big threads. There's a million different That's one of them. Right? And so you're so right. Number one, people don't know what they want.
Emily Fletcher: Yeah.
Kate Northrup: So how does your method solve that problem?
Emily Fletcher: Yeah. So a lot of people say that prayer is talking to God and meditation is listening. And so the meditation actually allows you to listen to your higher self, it gives you space and time and the connection point, it's like you're putting the laptop onto WiFi. You're taking the left brain of individuality and connecting it to the right brain of the collective consciousness of All That Is. And so if you feel like you don't know what you want, well now you have a tool by which to listen, to actually listen to how nature wants to use you. And again, I believe that the desires are divinely inspired. But a lot of people don't trust their desires either because they were shut down by their parents trying to protect them or they're actually afraid that it is an addictive longing. Or I think there's also another layer of that around like sexual shame so if people don't know what they want in their physical bodies or don't know what delights them physically then it's hard for them to even know what
Kate Northrup: they want for lunch. And then we've also been talked out of our own satisfaction and fulfillment because especially for people socialized as women, we've been shown, told that having our own fulfillment is selfish Yeah. And that we're supposed to be of service and that our own fulfillment is not valuable.
Emily Fletcher: And especially for women. I mean, Glennon Doyle writes about this in in Untamed where she says that she watched her children, she has sons and daughters, and she went upstairs and said she asked them all, like a whole group of kids, hey, is anyone hungry? And she watched as all of the boys just said yes, didn't look up from their video game, and all the girls looked up to see what everyone else was going to say. Like, are we am I hungry?
Kate Northrup: Let me
Emily Fletcher: out from the collective. If I'm hungry.
Kate Northrup: Which is simultaneously a superpower and so shadowed at the same time.
Emily Fletcher: It a super superpower?
Kate Northrup: Because we could not possibly know how much of that is conditioned and how much of that is is innate. Yeah. But women in general now, obviously, if I'm answering a question about myself, I need to be able to go within and ask that answer that question. However, the part of many women that does check-in with the collective is beautiful. It's why more money in the hands of women makes the world a better place, because our conscientiousness naturally goes beyond the confines of our own bodies. We are holding
Emily Fletcher: the goodness of the collective in our hearts.
Kate Northrup: We know that there is no such thing as individual success There's not. Or individual wealth. Obviously, when it comes to you needing to feed your own body, you do need to know if you're hungry or not. So that's sort of like I was mixing examples there, but I, you know, I just wanna put that out there that part of what you're talking about in manifesting is the part of us that gets what we want. But when we are doing it using the practices that you teach in the framework that you teach, what we want automatically is contributing to the betterment of the whole, and that's a a drum you beat all the time. A lot of manifestation teachers really focus on the material, really focus on, like, get the bag, get the car, get the house, get the amount of money you want. Sure. Fine. However, at the end of the day Mhmm. The question that you asked us the first morning in Egypt at the Philae Temple at the gate of the Temple Of Isis was, what is your dream for the planet, and what is the thing that you are here to contribute to that collective dream? And that is, to me, a much more powerful question because if we connect our desires to the collective need, to collective upliftment, our desires are gonna be even better Yeah. Than if we were just like, what do I wanna put on my birthday gift bag?
Emily Fletcher: Cool. I don't know. I mean And bags don't do it for me,
Kate Northrup: but yeah. Yeah. I'm still on the fence about it.
Emily Fletcher: Don't know. I don't judge people that like them. It's just not my not my jam. But but I but thank you for naming that.
Kate Northrup: But like For me, it's expensive health equipment.
Emily Fletcher: Nice. This is like But because the health all the hydrogen and water, all the the PMF, all the things. Anyway. But but yeah. Because I think you know I think I think that is proving the point. That that is a legit Kate Northrup desire. You wanna have all the biohacking equipment, all the stuff, and the better your consciousness is, the better your body is, the more tuned this instrument is, the more you are going to be helping put money into the hands of conscious people and conscious women.
Kate Northrup: When I feel better everyone gets the best of you.
Emily Fletcher: Your your family is better, your kids are better, and and that's sort of the the premise of this. Like, I'm absolutely interested in people manifesting their love and their Oh, yeah. Money and their businesses. And and it's like we have to get our needs met first. Right? Like basic needs met, yes. Proving to yourself that manifestation is real. Great. You can manifest a raspberry lime spindrift. Awesome. Okay. Now once you believe that that is real, let's now work on heaven on earth. Yeah. Right. Like what is your version of planetary paradise? What does your vision of heaven on earth look like? And Kate Northrup can't be in heaven on earth in her own little world while the rest of the world is suffering. And conversely, like it it one cannot happen without the other. Heaven on earth really does include all of us. Like, let's together imagine, like what would heaven on earth feel like? Because I fundamentally believe that what we put our attention on grows and we can continue to worship the worries or we can start to water the flowers. We can water the weeds or water the flowers. And if we collectively start thinking about dreaming, about innovating, about thinking what is possible, like what if everyone had enough? What if everyone had plenty? What if there was more money in the hands of conscious women? What if we did have 8,000,000,000 people waking up and meditating in the mornings? What if 8,000,000,000 people didn't have shame around their pleasures and understood that they could use all of their life force and internal pharmacology to manifest their dreams? Like I really believe that we would be living in a wildly different human experience. I believe our relationship with the planet would be different. And that is a reality that I think is very achievable. We don't need some new technology. We don't need aliens to come in and save us. We don't need AI to come in and save us. We actually have the technology inside of our brains and bodies right here right now.
Kate Northrup: We do. And our dear friend, our mutual dear friend, Natalie McNeil, has been talking recently about parallel economies and how well documented it is that in times of great change, when we invest in following the call of our dream for the collective and acting in that way right now, it manifests that dream. Right? So when we begin to invest in systems that are actually supporting collective healing, regenerative practices. Like, right, we shop at our local farmer's market instead of doing everything at Whole Foods. Doesn't even need to be a a huge amount of our purchases, but, like, do more by all means. When we do that, that manifests the dream. Does that make sense what I'm trying to say? Like, there's a way that I think that people, and myself included sometimes, can sit around waiting for the dream to manifest instead of understanding that the way we manifest the dream is by acting in the direction of it right now. Like, manifesting isn't magic. Somebody dreamed up this lamp, and then they built it. Right? So that was the unmanifest. And then they built a prototype, and then they had it manufactured.
Emily Fletcher: And
Kate Northrup: and obviously, there's a magic element. There's a lot of magic. There's a lot that we couldn't account for in a project plan or a like Mhmm. Now here's the 25 steps to make this lamp possible. Right?
Emily Fletcher: Mhmm.
Kate Northrup: But I'm curious if you can talk a little bit about the way in which some people think that manifesting is actually just magical thinking
Emily Fletcher: Mhmm.
Kate Northrup: And what it actually is in your understanding. Yeah.
Emily Fletcher: And I mean, this is coming from a woman who has a course called Ziva Magic. Yeah.
Kate Northrup: And it's it's a little And you know I love magic.
Emily Fletcher: I love me too. Yeah. But and then I say, like, on day one of the free training, I'm like, it's actually not magic. It's not magic. Human is not like the history, all the science, but it feels like magic. Yeah. Because even today, I actually woke up this morning and one of my prayers because really what you're doing is that you're changing your lens of perception. You are shifting not only your electromagnetic field, but you're also changing your recency and your confirmation bias, which changes the filter through which you are observing reality. And we know from the double slit experiment, which is a quantum physical experiment, that all all matter exists in multiple places simultaneously until it is observed. And once you observe a particle, then it is fixed, but it is not fixed in space and time until it is observed, which suggests that the state of consciousness or the energetics of the observer are directly related to the particle itself. And so when you pray, when you meditate, when you do in pleasure practices and you change your state, your bliss, your electromagnetic field, you are changing the state of consciousness of you the observer, which cannot help but impact then what you are observing. And we talk about this in the Vedas, it's the knower, the knowing and the known. It's in Sanskrit it would be Rishi, Devata and Chandas. It's the seer, the seen and like what is being seen. So it's why it feels like magic is it because you are quite literally bending reality. You are shifting the field through the energetics of your field. And a simple example, this morning I had a very light easy prayer where I was just thought like I wanna see how much fun I can have getting my needs met. Because this is a new practice for me because I'm very my wounding is like self sufficiency and vigilance and I have to do it all myself. I'll be the CEO and a single mom and I'll be single and just do it all myself. This is something I've really been working on is like healing that wounding. It's also by the way why I think manifesting is such an extraordinarily advanced spiritual curriculum. Because I think that your desires are uniquely yours and so is your wounding that's keeping you from it. So it's like baked in this amazing personalized curriculum. And so for me, one of my manifesting curriculums has been healing the wounding that I have to do it all alone. And so I've been playing with this theme song of I'm having so much fun getting my needs met. I'm having so much fun getting my needs met. And then it was just a simple prayer as I was doing my makeup. And then today, in your home and going to our friend Jessica's Viges for her podcast, like, I had called Ubers and you're like, you know what, honey? Just cancel your Uber. Take my car. And then your sweet house manager was like, oh, here's a pot to do your soup. And then Mike brought me raspberry lime spindrift. And like, oh, and then another friend was like, hey, Emily. I've built this world changing app. Do you wanna test it out on your Ziva community for free? Like, yeah, I do. And and I have these, like so it's just it's a simple change but just shifting the filtration device in your brain changes what you see. And so that's why it feels like magic but there's so many different layers including the reticular activating system, including the quantum field, including the electromagnetic field of your heart that when you start to understand these and play with them with intentionality, you do start to shift reality in a way that feels like magic but it is not just magical thinking. Correct. Did I answer the question? Yeah. Okay. It was great.
Kate Northrup: It was really great. When I taught, a manifesting money date so we have a money and manifesting money date in Relaxed Money. And when I taught it, I asked people, you know, however many hundreds of people were there, what is manifesting? I was amazed by the number of people who put in the chat magical thinking. And so I wanted you to address that Yeah. Because there are
Emily Fletcher: Meaning that they didn't believe in it.
Kate Northrup: Like I think there was some level. Now anyone who's in Relaxed Money on some level is probably gonna be at least having leaving their door ajar for magic and that which we cannot explain.
Emily Fletcher: Yeah. But
Kate Northrup: there's gonna be some yeah. There was some skepticism Sure. Which I appreciate. I love I love a good skeptic as long as they remain open. You know? And that's where you're just talking about when we change our perception, when we remain open, we actually do change not only what's possible for us to experience, but what is manifest in the world. And we do repel or attract that which is a match or not a match for how we are being according to how we are being. So if you're being a skeptic and like a Judge Judy all the time, you will only Xerox opportunities to be proven your reality. Yeah. And have fun with that. Mean, there's a quote of like, need to understand.
Emily Fletcher: Do you wanna suffer? Suffer. Einstein says you can either choose to believe that nothing is a miracle or everything is, and like I choose everything. Correct. I'm like even if meditation is like placebo, I'm like I'm just talking about your brain. So if your sleep is getting better and your sex is getting better and you're making more money and you're healthier and you're not getting sick,
Kate Northrup: then blue doesn't mean it's not working. Right. Placebo is a scientifically proven mechanism It's working without the medicine. Correct. For the fact that our intention changes our physiology. To me, we shouldn't be throwing that out as like, oh, it's just the placebo effect. We should be studying how do I implement the placebo effect, which is essentially Yes. Your Correct.
Emily Fletcher: Here's the instruction manual, my friend. I gotta post stress. That shit works. Mean, speaking of, like, would just like to brag on both of us. I feel like we've both manifested so much in using these these methods of, like, working with our own nervous systems Yeah. Accessing the unseen realms, shifting what is happening in the seen realms. I mean, we've both had amazing multi 7 figure launches. We've both been on pilgrimages around the world, like your dream home. I'm manifesting like, so the prayers that we planted in Egypt on our trip, we did a Ziba magic ceremony at the Pyramids, planting the prayers for doing ceremony at scale. Exactly one year to the date, there is going to be 13,000 people doing ceremony at scale in Egypt.
Kate Northrup: And how many of us were there when we planted that prayer?
Emily Fletcher: About 30. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. And my dream of stadiums, I mean I had a dream that was so absurd that people made fun of me and I kind of feel like an idiot saying it but I don't care. It was like oh I have this dream, I have this vision of stadiums filled with people holding a vision for planetary paradise and getting themselves into very high states of consciousness. Three weeks ago, a guy, a friend of mine sent sent me texted me a photo of a stadium that he's building.
Kate Northrup: He's like, Emily, this is a stadium that I'm building. Here it is.
Emily Fletcher: And and it's happening. Like, it's happening.
Kate Northrup: You have to be delusional to change the world.
Emily Fletcher: I am delusional. You are, and I love it. You're delusional. That's the
Kate Northrup: best. And and I yeah.
Emily Fletcher: I actually I thought that I was sort of don't Can we talk about witches on here? Of course. Okay. Great. Oh my gosh. Yes. That's like Okay. Witch one zero one. So great. Yeah. So I kinda thought that I was a new witch because like a lot of my friends are very powerful witches and they have like deep witch wounds and there's a lot of like fear and protection and rightfully so. Like they actually have body memories of being burned at the stake. I don't have those. Like I don't feel a lot of like people who think I'm brave or call me brave, I don't feel brave for the things that they think I'm brave for. Those things don't feel scary to me. What feels scary to me is like, I don't know, opening my mail. Yeah. What and And having hard conversations conflict. There's plenty of things I'm scared about. Of course. But not leading ceremonies in stadiums, like, not scary to So anyway, I thought that I was like a new witch because I didn't have those memories, but I just did a reading. I had a guy on my podcast named Lee Lee Harris. Do you know him? No. He channels 88 entities called the z's. Love this. I love this. Yes. And he was channeling for me, and he was like, oh, no. You've actually died so many times. You've been burned at the stake so many times for this work that you actually don't care anymore. And I was like, that somehow tracks.
Kate Northrup: Because you know that in the end,
Emily Fletcher: here you are. Here I am. Just, you know what I mean? Eternal soul. I'm just gonna what am I gonna? Not advocate for these tools? That's so interesting.
Kate Northrup: Okay. So as we kind of land this plane, which we could keep going for hours, and I'm sure, you know, you'll come back, here's what I feel called to ask you about. Feel free to pass. Remember last time I saw you, we were in Sedona, and your back was really locked up?
Emily Fletcher: Yeah.
Kate Northrup: And you were in a lens of some degree of nihilism around the world about the world, and it was an unusual place for Emily Fletcher to be. Yeah. You were really it was hard. You were having a really hard time.
Emily Fletcher: Yeah.
Kate Northrup: Yeah. And you were feeling like, what's the point of any of this?
Emily Fletcher: It wasn't what's the point.
Kate Northrup: Tell me what was going on. And I guess my question is, you are a very happy, peppy, sparkly person, and the world loves that and, you know, fantastic. And nobody gets out of being human. And I wanna know, you know, please describe this time you were in. What was going on for you in your mind, in your body? What was sort of some of the repetitive thinking? And in what ways were you able to move through that using the very same tools that you offer the world?
Emily Fletcher: Yeah. So I don't know that I went into nihilism, but I did have like a real, like wake up call and I think like a removing of the veil Mhmm. Of of seeing the depth and the reality of the darkness and the dark forces at play like on the planet and beyond. And Egypt was a big part of that, you know. Like Egypt was there's so there's such a depth and complexity to the energetics in Egypt that I went in very naive to because I have had a life of, like, mostly love and light and magic and unicorns. And that is not to say I've not had adversity and challenges and struggles and all of that. But energetically and in ceremony and through meditation, like I've mostly been dealing in the realm of the light. And I have not done a lot of like protection and all of that because I'm just sort of fundamentally believe that I am protected and that I am safe and that's kind of worked out. So Egypt was the beginning of like really understanding like how many different forces are at play and the complexities and the layers of energetics that are going on. And then you know going through I know some people have been like awake to this for a long time, but I do feel like collectively in the mass media and on social media, there was a bit of an awakening and a reckoning with how much darkness is going on. And The Epstein Files being just the tip of that very very very large iceberg. And and I that was that was my first time that I had gone in there. And I went in and I went deep and it was heartbreaking. And it still is. Like I can just like immediately feel like the pain and the devastation of that. And and I think I was just so I don't know. I won't call it a loss of innocence, but it was just it was just grief. It was just like so much grief and sadness. And and and in that grief and sadness, is the role of the feminine to feel that, you know, to feel it all the way and to not deny it, but to actually like go in and like feel the disgust and feel the horror and feel the rage. And and then what I realized through going through it, was like, wait, Emily, like if anything, like let this validate the work that you are doing. Because I realized that like through all of the distortion and all of the darkness, the force itself is neutral. Meaning, like what we've learned through this is that people are utilizing a force that is neutral to run the world. And just like our friend, I don't know if know Doctor. Lauren Taos, but she's an amazing doctor and she's a medicine woman and she says that the substances themselves are neutral and you could do drugs to say hello or you can do drugs to say goodbye. But the MDMA, the ketamine, ayahuasca, it's not the substance that is good or bad. It's not the substance that is creating the addiction. Is the intention with which you are using it. And if you are using substances to wake up and to heal and to say hello to God and to yourself, that is very different than saying goodbye to the pain, goodbye to the problems, goodbye to reality which is an addiction. And and I realized a very similar phenomenon with life force energy, with the most creative magnetic force on the planet which is sexual energy. And there's so much distortion around it on the planet. And then through this sort of mass revealing of the Epstein tragedies and and atrocities, we've realized just how much the abuse of sexual energy is in fact running the world. And it's not just this one ring. It is as high up as politicians, royalty, the Vatican, the media, our industries, our universities. And so I was like, okay. Well, let this validate the knowing that you had in your body six years ago that this life force is that powerful. And if it can create this version of hell on earth, then I believe and I am committed to it also being used to create heaven on earth. Yeah. Yeah.
Kate Northrup: Well,
Emily Fletcher: light lighten it up a little. Yeah. Like every time I'm in like a temple space or a ceremony space, like this weekend I was with I had a retreat with five women, five menopausal women who were working with medicine for the first time and sometimes working with pleasure for the first time. And the amount of heaven on earth that I got to see these women experience in their bodies, the amount of heaven on earth that was happening. Sometimes even just with my friends in a ceremony, I look around, I'm like, oh, like like how good can it get? And and the yes, thank you more please. And then I think about the war and the devastation and the sexual abuse that is happening on the planet, and I'm like, wait, did you guys know that this is available? Did you know that actual heaven on earth is available right here, right now? Like, do you maybe wanna try that? And and and it seems so simple, and it is simple, which but it doesn't mean that it's easy, and it requires bravery, and more than anything, it requires safety.
Kate Northrup: What you said loops us back to my first question about high performance and the two sides of the same coin, which is that I sort of think of it in terms of, you know, light is light, but depending on what it's shining through, it refracts or shifts the color or the direction or the whatever. And so when we're talking about the the lens either that we're perceiving the world through or our body as the conduit, as the conductor of a certain of energy, energy is neutral. Right? And then our bodies, our behavior, the lens through which we see and perceive the world becomes the conduit for how that energy then manifests in the world. And it can be the very same behavior, as you said, of I could be acting out of a trauma response and be in pressure and performance mode as a high achiever, or I could be fifteen seconds later, like, my divine call Yeah. And my divine instructions. And I think that while your absolutely beautiful answer to my last question was far more grief ridden and deep than that, ultimately, we are talking about the same thing, which is energy is energy, power is power, and how we use it is up to us. And that's what you so masterfully teach is how to harness life force to make our lives and the world more beautiful. Mhmm. And I really wanna honor what it's taken for you to create this body of work and how brave it is, even though if it doesn't feel brave. Because you are beautiful and wacky and super out of the box, and you do it so unapologetically, and I find it incredibly inspiring, and you have made my life so much better as a result.
Emily Fletcher: Can you say something? Yeah. I I have two questions. Okay. One, in what ways do you think that I'm wacky? Yeah. And two, how how have I made your life better?
Kate Northrup: Count the ways. Well because, like, I
Emily Fletcher: just I'm in this echo chamber.
Kate Northrup: Of course, don't experience yourself as wacky. Well, you do hang with a pretty wacky crew.
Emily Fletcher: I know. That's why I'm
Kate Northrup: saying I like am adjacent to that crew.
Emily Fletcher: Yeah. I'm in the middle.
Kate Northrup: But you're right in the middle. I'm in the epicenter. In terms of the amount of exploring the edges of what is allowed and what is possible in this human experience, whether it's around sex or God or money or business models or interplay in relationships, really, like, deeply unconventional and not following a script. And it's great. You know?
Emily Fletcher: And
Kate Northrup: I think for some people, it could be, like, confronting when we are too much in the script of how it's supposed to look for other people to be comfortable. So I would say that's the wackiness.
Emily Fletcher: Okay. Yeah. Thank you. Okay. Cool. I received it. Great. That's high praise.
Kate Northrup: And then in terms of how you've changed my life, well, I think your audacity helps me just turn up the volume on mine. You know? Permission to go bigger on listening to my divine instructions. You know, that moment in Egypt at the Philae Temple was so profound. And
Emily Fletcher: due
Kate Northrup: to your unabashed listening to your own call and unabashedly inviting other people to feel as good as possible, I have turned up the volume on that in my own life. And I'm like, yeah. Why couldn't I contribute to dreaming up a new economic system in which everybody can experience having enough?
Emily Fletcher: Yes. Totally. Yes. Yeah. We need you. Did you do that?
Kate Northrup: Yes. Right? And so that's that's a big that's a big impact.
Emily Fletcher: Wow. Wow. So thank you. It's my pleasure. It's my pleasure.
Kate Northrup: Okay Emily Fletcher.
Emily Fletcher: If
Kate Northrup: somebody wants to connect, learn more, learn this methodology, I know you actually are having an experience coming up
Emily Fletcher: Yeah.
Kate Northrup: And I want people to know about it. How might you invite them into experience to to see your magic? Yes. Or the magic. I'll just call it like the magic. Right? There's a way you teach it, but it's just the way it is. It's not like you invented it. You created this particular methodology to tap into what already is.
Emily Fletcher: Yeah. You're just tapping into the the infinite realm of potentiality. Yeah. But we're doing an event called Magic Maker and inspired by you. It's three days. It's three days and James Wedmore, thank you for introducing me to him as well. We're gonna do a three day free event and we're gonna go deep into when you access the field, get access to what you want. In order to manifest, you gotta go into the unmanifest. I'm gonna go even deeper on the science and the history of these practices, and people actually get to taste and to have an embodied experience of what this feels like. And we're gonna talk about all the other styles of meditation they've tried and failed at and why they think they're like, all of that of, I can't stop my mind from thinking. My brain is too busy. I have ADHD. Out the meditation trash. Busy. We're gonna take out all their and actually, that's very much this is not gonna be more to learn, more to do. This style of meditation and this this workshop, this three day workshop is about removing the things that are not serving you because so many people are wasting their time right now doing meditation things that don't work or doing manifestation styles that actually make them feel like more of a failure. And we are gonna go into the science and the embodiment of both of these practices and why they're better together and why these particular styles of meditation and manifesting actually help you to get what you want. And then there's a beautiful invitation for people who wanna join me in the Ziva experience on the other side which is like, it's like the it's like my two most favorite programs put together inside of a community and an experience. And part of my nihilism or whatever you wanna call it, part of my backseize up that I was in was also some fear around AI that like, well, nobody wants online trainings anymore. My whole industry is dead and blah blah blah. But but it's not true. And what people really want and what I'm feeling so much is that people want community, they want experiences, they want embodiment. Was like And real transformation. Real transformation. And like, god bless. Like, I've taught 200,000 people to do this for twenty years. Like there is a level of precision and and there's a there's a power of the transmission of the energies that are working through me now that is so humbling and so exciting. And and it's only getting bigger and brighter, and that feels fun to like share that transmission with people and they'll get to be in the magic not just for one day, but for a week and a half. So it's gonna be like a mini container, this magic maker. People will see transformations even inside of this event. And, yeah, I'm so excited about it. I'm really, really enthusiastic about really merging the meditation and the manifesting and the community in a way that we've never done before.
Kate Northrup: I wanna highlight that there's plenty of people who've taken like a weekend workshop or, like, read a couple of books, and now they know a lot about marketing, so they have become really well known for either teaching meditation or manifesting. Emily has dedicated her life to these deep practices, not only learning them, practicing them, refining them, teaching them to over 250,000 people. So this isn't like A side hustle. Yeah. I just I wanna I really wanna honor the depth. Yeah. I just wanna honor the depth. Thank go to a place like this that has that level of scholarship and practice and longevity. You can go to katenorthrup.com/magic and get yourself signed up.
Emily Fletcher: Yeah. It's gonna be so fun.
Kate Northrup: I love you, Emily.
Emily Fletcher: I love you. Thank you for
Kate Northrup: having here. You're already manifesting all the time. The question is from where? Most people, when they're not getting what they want in their external reality, they think harder, work more hours, try harder, and it's very frustrating. But, actually, all of our manifestations, everything in the seen world, in the visible, first begins in the unseen, in the invisible. And when you learn how to tap into the invisible, otherwise known as the field, you can get everything you want. And not only everything that you want, but everything that is good for the planet. You can learn how during a mind blowing three day free workshop coming up that my friend, Emily Fletcher, is leading. Emily has spent over eighteen years at the intersection of ancient spirituality and modern neuroscience. And this event, magic maker, is going to unlock the intersection between the unseen and the seen, and you will learn manifestation techniques that will blow you open in terms of what is possible for you and for everyone you touch. Head over to katenorthrup.com/magic to reserve your free spot. The link is also in the show notes. Katenorthrup.com/magic.