Imagine Dragons reigns supreme on the Amazon Music Top Songs chart........Power couple Karol G and Anuel AA make a perfect Instagram pairing.....Deezer Music continues to make in-roads in Brazil with three playlists rapidly growing their follower counts
chartmetric.io @chartmetric #nerdout #musicdata
- Imagine Dragons reigns supreme on the Amazon Music Top Songs chart
- Power couple Karol G and Anuel AA make a perfect Instagram pairing
- Deezer Music continues to make in-roads in Brazil with three playlists rapidly growing their follower counts
- Good morning, it’s Jason here at Chartmetric with your 3-minute Data Dump where we upload charts, artists and playlists into your brain so you can stay up on the latest in the music data world.
- This is your Data Dump for Wed March 20th 2019.
- American pop rock band Imagine Dragons is currently dominating the Amazon Music Top Songs chart with six tracks in the 100-track chart.
- According to MIDiA Research’s mid-2018 market report, Amazon Music is the #3 biggest streaming platform in the world by paying subscribers, at 12% market share and 27.9M subscribers.
- As of yesterday March 19th, six of tracks from the Las Vegas-born band stagger the platform’s most played songs from position 10 down to position 82.
- The mid-tempo track “Natural” leads the group from Imagine Dragons’ latest album “Origins” in the number 10 spot, while the sample-laden record “Thunder” is next in the number 26 spot, from their 2017 album “Evolve”.
- In case you were missing their smash hit “Radioactive”, it’s still showing lots of gas left in the tank in the 82nd spot on the Amazon Music chart, while clocking in 849M spins on Spotify.
- Artist Highlight in the News
- Colombian artist Karol G and Puerto Rican artist Anuel AA are hanging strong in the Top 100 Spotify artists by monthly listeners, with Karol G at number 87 with 20.7M and Anuel AA at number 64 with 23.7M.
- The Latin power couple publicly built a relationship over most of 2017 and 2018 through an enduring series of Instagram posts together, to their fans delight: their combined IG audience adds up to over 28M followers.
- From a business perspective, their relationship seemingly combines their audiences brilliantly: their top 3 Spotify cities by monthly listeners are virtually identical: Santiago, Mexico City, and Buenos Aires. Their top countries by YouTube views are also the same: Mexico, Colombia and Argentina.
- But according to their Instagram demographics, their gender split is the mirror opposite: ¾ of Karol G’s followers are female and ¼ male, while Anuel AA’s followers are ¾ male and ¼ female. And all that data adds up to a great way to pack their next stadium.
- Playlist Round-Up
- Deezer Music, the #5 most used streaming service worldwide by subscriber count, wedged between Tencent Music at #4 and Google at #6, is getting the Brazilian traction they wanted with several new playlists.
- “Vem pro Sertanejo” leads the pack with 48K new followers (or 4% growth) over the past month totalling at 1.2M, which highlights a popular domestic genre that loosely parallels the Brazilian version of American country music.
- “Funkadão”, a high-energy playlist focused filling dance floors, is the 2nd fastest growing playlist at 39K more followers than the last month, totalling at 1M.
- Serving as evidence that Deezer’s domestic repertoire-first approach is working there, Deezer’s third fastest growing playlist is “Sertanejo Apaixonado”, another sertanejo genre list with 6% follower growth in the past month, totalling 554K followers.
- According to Music Ally, a whopping ⅔ of the $90M streaming market in Brazil were subscription-based in 2016, so it looks like they’ve been onto something.
- That’s it for your Daily Data Dump for Wednesday March 20th 2019. This is Jason from Chartmetric, virtually all this data is available at your fingertips, feel free to sign up for a free account at chartmetric.io/signup. That’s chartmetric (no s) dot IO slash signup.
- Bye for now!
What is How Music Charts?
Welcome to How Music Charts, where we bring you interviews and analysis from music industry professionals bridging data and creativity in the music business every day. Feel free to email us ([email protected]), say hi on our socials (@chartmetric), and dive deeper into music and data on our blog (blog.chartmetric.com). Free accounts are available at chartmetric.com!