In this episode, we go on a unique mental health journey with Nyree Coke (https://twitter.com/Nyree_JA), who describes to me the evolution of her ‘Mind-Body Connection'. We speak about her exercise and diet fads, how she realized she had a problem that needed to be resolved, and how she found her way out of it.
- Introduction of Guest
- What was the body you grew up in physically?
- What was your perception of beauty growing up?
- Did your family focus on how you looked, or in any way make you conscious of your body?
- At what stage did you truly become more conscious of your body?
- Did your friends or social circle impact how you thought you should look?
- At what age did your negative mind-body associations start?
- Genetic and Family body types.
- When did your fitness journey start and what activities were you doing?
- What caused you to feel better about your body?
- Was Body-shaming a feature of your journey?
- How much does it mean to you to be an advocate for mental health giving your experiences?
- Where are you now?
- What’s next on the journey?
- “It’s scary to show someone your ugly.” - Nyree Coke (On opening up regarding your #MentalHealth)
- “Perfect is not real.” - Nyree Coke #MentalHealth
- “Be happy and present in the here and the now.” - Nyree Coke #MentalHealth
- “Set a Goal for today. Some times it’s just about making it through the day.” - Nyree Coke #MentalHealth
What is Talk Truth with Mario Evon?
Medical Doctor, TV Host and Reggae-Soul Singer/Songwriter, Mario Evon, takes you on a uniquely Jamaican journey through a non-conservative, honest space created to allow his truth, and the truth of others to set them free to grow, laugh, learn and prosper.
From relationships, inspiration, sex and sexuality, to the ins and outs of entrepreneurship; In this space, we speak candidly about almost anything, with the intention to inspire, educate and entertain (‘Inspir-Edu-Tainment’), and create a fair and balanced space where your truth shall become your power. This is TALK TRUTH.